It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What am I missing with regard to SCOTUS roe v wade thing?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
a reply to: Vermilion

It's so unpopular among Republicans that they made one of the bill's biggest proponents Speaker of the House.

That's not the sole reason Mike Johnson was voted for as speaker, hell it might not even be in the top 3-4. All indications he was a compromise candidate, you know like the vast majority of American politics.

Everybody wants absolute agreement and compliance on every issue, it's not how Uncle Sam works

Read the NBC article he is Speaker because the other choices were blocked and unelectable, you know exactly how the DNC chose Bidn in 2020

www.nbcnews.com...
edit on p000000317pm076 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The opinion of politicians at this point dont matter, abortion is not a federal area of responsibility, they would have to pass a new law that could get past the very people that just told the fed to put their hands in their pockets.

It was NEVER a constitutionally protected right.

Lastly for the pro abortion crowd, Obama promised to pass a law protecting abortion and didnt while he had total control of the 3 branches of govt.

Yall should ignore the gop on this and ponder that, could it be he understood what RBG meant about RvW and agreed with it.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 04:37 PM
link   

a reply to: asabuvsobelow

No one not even the furthest Right Member of Congress is going to put forth a ' National Abortion Ban' .

There's literally a bill in Congress that would not only ban abortions at the national level, but also ban things like IVF, and it has over 100 members of Congress signed onto it as co-sponsors.

The Speaker of the House has called for a national ban on multiple occasions.

lol I know you are more knowledgeable than that of how congress works.

There are Hundreds of Bills sitting in congress that will go literally no where and they've been there for years and years .

Tell me does the Left not have a Bill to counter any ' Abortion Ban ' Bill put forth ? So just live in constant fear of some Phantom Abortion Ban Bill . That is exactly what they want from you .

It's never going to happen .
edit on 29-7-2024 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: lilzazz

The Heritage Foundation was the GOP. Project 2025 is there for one thing. To lobby and make money. That's it. You do realize in 2021 they hired on Mike Pence. Can you see where the animosity is? They have never aligned with Trump.

They are RINOs. I compare them to the Lincoln Project and Project 1619.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

If the Christian nationalist was the compromise candidate, that certainly speaks volumes about the current state of the GOP.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 04:52 PM
link   

The Christian Right spent decades working to create the perfect storm to get Roe v. Wade overturned. Now that the hard parts done, why do you think they're suddenly going to stop when they're so close to getting abortion banned on a national level?

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

1: read the ruling its not real complicated they told the fed to sit down and shut up and let the states decide.

2: why didnt obama pass a law to protect it at the federal level, when he had total control?

3: Vance and trump dont matter its a state issue now.

4: Says a lot about the current state of the DNC that they cant comprehend the written word anymore.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

1: read the ruling its not real complicated they told the fed to sit down and shut up and let the states decide.

Please quote the relevant parts of the ruling.

2: why didnt obama pass a law to protect it at the federal level, when he had total control?

Because it was a protected Constitutional right. Even if it wasn't, he didn't have the votes in the Senate.

3: Vance and trump dont matter its a state issue now.

It is up to the people's elected representatives. Nothing in the ruling prohibits Congress from making a nationwide ban. Something that Vance supports.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 05:05 PM
link   

The Christian Right spent decades working to create the perfect storm to get Roe v. Wade overturned. Now that the hard parts done, why do you think they're suddenly going to stop when they're so close to getting abortion banned on a national level?

lol the "Christian Right" mmmk

Okay Lets make this perfectly Clear . The Republicans of now are the Democrats of the 90's of course with some minor differences .

Woman on either side Right or Left are never going to support a " National Abortion ban " its never going to happen , Even the most conservative christian woman know that abortion is necessary . If the Federal Government tried to ban abortion woman from every walk of life would be in the streets protesting .

So please just stop with your hyperbole.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Because it was a protected Constitutional right. Even if it wasn't, he didn't have the votes in the Senate.

What !!! no it was not it never was.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 05:12 PM
link   

What exactly do you think Roe v. Wade did that made it impossible for anti-abortion laws to be passed?

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 05:16 PM
link   

What exactly do you think Roe v. Wade did that made it impossible for anti-abortion laws to be passed?

I'll answer your question with question .

Who runs this country Thread ? The Government or The People ?

Perhaps you've forgotten ....

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Morally I am pro-life that is a very simple decision, and that is between me and my creator as it would be with anyone who promotes abortion.

However that is my personal belief, and with that said, Politically I am pro-Choice and again a very simple decision.
Especially after Covid I am not sure how anyone cannot not want there to be a Constitutional amendment that simply states...

GOVERNMENT DOES NOT HAVE RIGHTS OVER A PERSONS BODY!

Start sterilizing men who are rapists or have non-consensual sex, or men who are deadbeat dads, bet a whole bunch of minds would be changed! Unwanted pregnancies and abortions would plummet!
I have no idea how women put up with what they do none...

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Ever since Citizens United, whoever has the most money.

Not sure what that has to do with abortion being a Constitutional right while Roe was in place.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I'm sorry you can't keep on killing babies under the guise of women's rights.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Ever since Citizens United, whoever has the most money.

Not sure what that has to do with abortion being a Constitutional right while Roe was in place.

Please show me the part of the constitution where it mentions abortion

you can keep repeating it but it's not going to make it true mate .

and our Government very much fears it's citizens well that is unless you give up the Guns which is an actual constitutional right . Money is just a tool of the powerful its not power itself.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 05:55 PM
link   

The Christian Right spent decades working to create the perfect storm to get Roe v. Wade overturned.

Those darn Christians and their crystal ball.
They totally knew decades ago that Trump would want to run as a Republican and get 3 scotus picks. 👌
Please tell us what they have planned for 2060.

The democrats don’t want constitutional abortion or they would have tried it.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: Sookiechacha

oppose a federal abortion ban. But the SCOTUS just ruled that this wasn't a federal issue. How, other than an amendment, could the federal government have ANY say in this matter now? What am I missing?

I think waht we're all missing is by 2022 our current liberal administration was rapidly loosing favor with the majority and desperately needed a campaign talking point to increase liberal votes.
Nobody wants to dput forth the effort to work for a legal solution to this issue; it's too valuable as a point of division in politics.

SCOTUS revoked a federally protected right, and extended the opportunity for states to also revoke the reproductive rights their female citizens may have enjoyed

They're pandering to women who enjoy aborting fetuses is what it looks like.

If we end up with a Kamal administration, aborting ones' fetus will be the least of our worries.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 07:00 PM
link   

The Constitution does NOT enumerate your rights. It limits the government's intrusion, enumerating how and when the government can violate your inalienable rights, like after "due process".

If you don't believe me, take a look at the 9th Amendment.

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

edit on 1520242024k01America/Chicago2024-07-29T19:01:15-05:0007pm2024-07-29T19:01:15-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

The Constitution does NOT enumerate your rights. It limits the government's intrusion, enumerating how and when the government can violate your inalienable rights, like after "due process".

If you don't believe me, take a look at the 9th Amendment.

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

So then explain why do certain members keep trying to insinuate Abortion is some how in the constitution .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join