It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What am I missing with regard to SCOTUS roe v wade thing?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
a reply to: putnam6

If the Christian nationalist was the compromise candidate, that certainly speaks volumes about the current state of the GOP.

What speaks volumes is believing being Christian is a negative, both Carter and the Clintons were Christians, and a large percentage of Democrats in Congress are Christians but wring your hands worrying

Oh noes, we have some Christians in Congress what will we do? How about I'd bet those Congresspeople identifying as Christians almost mirror the percentage of Christians in the GP. Ergo having a Christian Speaker would make it easier to reach across the aisle and be effective legislators would it not?

FWIW the 117th Congress has 88% Christians, and the regular GP is 77%

www.pewresearch.org...

edit on p000000317pm076 by putnam6 because: additional links

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Please show me the part of the constitution where it mentions abortion

The Constitution does NOT enumerate your rights. It limits the government's intrusion, enumerating how and when the government can violate your inalienable rights, like after "due process".

If you don't believe me, take a look at the 9th Amendment.

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

So then explain why do certain members keep trying to insinuate Abortion is some how in the constitution .

Do you think that self-determinism and autonomy are somehow NOT protected by the Bill of Rights?

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

What pisses off politicians is when the people decide.

They can't deal with that.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

Please show me the part of the constitution where it mentions abortion

The Constitution does NOT enumerate your rights. It limits the government's intrusion, enumerating how and when the government can violate your inalienable rights, like after "due process".

If you don't believe me, take a look at the 9th Amendment.

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

So then explain why do certain members keep trying to insinuate Abortion is some how in the constitution .

Do you think that self-determinism and autonomy are somehow NOT protected by the Bill of Rights?

Aaah I see . I've heard this argument before.

It's the same one Pedophiles use to try and justify there being " Attracted" to children. All while trying to keep from being castrated .

We can keep at this all night if you like .

That reminds me you never did answer my question So do you or don't you want the Federal Government to have a say in what you do with your body??
edit on 29-7-2024 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Aaah I see . I've heard this argument before.

It's the same one Pedophiles use to try and justify there being " Attracted" to children. All while trying to keep from being castrated .

Or, the argument that a woman impregnated by her rapist shouldn't have the right to an abortion, because 2 wrongs don't make a right?

So, let me get this straight. You don't think that the Bill of Rights protects an individual's self-determination and autonomy, because...maybe child rape would be protected too?

edit on 5420242024k13America/Chicago2024-07-29T20:13:54-05:0008pm2024-07-29T20:13:54-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

So you are okay for killing a child for the sins of the father.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

We disagree on what the word "child" means. A embryo is not a child.

In my book, a child is older than an infant.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Or, the argument that a woman impregnated by her rapist shouldn't have the right to an abortion, because 2 wrongs don't make a right?

Abortion should be controlled not banned in every scenario . I'm pretty sure you know my stance on that .

So, let me get this straight. You don't think that the Bill of Rights protects an individual's self-determination and autonomy, because...maybe child rape would be protected too?

Killing the Child ? Raping the Child ? Where do we draw the line Sookie ?

We draw the line with common sense and not radicalizing broad statements in the Constitution using them to justify things that it was clearly not meant to Justify.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Apologies.

The unborn individual should be killed because of the sins of the father.

I hope your father never screws up.

Because according to your rules, you'd die.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Is it a duck?

Is it a dog?

Is it a chicken??

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Abortion should be controlled not banned in every scenario . I'm pretty sure you know my stance on that .

I didn't ask your opinion on whether or not abortion should be controlled or banned. I asked you if the Bill of Rights protects an individual's self-determination and autonomy.

Killing the Child ? Raping the Child ?

Don't be disingenuous and pretend you think abortion should be "controlled" and then equate it to murder.

Where do we draw the line Sookie ?

Fetal viability works for me.

edit on 1920242024k59America/Chicago2024-07-29T20:59:19-05:0008pm2024-07-29T20:59:19-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I asked you if the Bill of Rights protects an individual's self-determination and autonomy.

No not in every scenario because unfortunately some people are morons and are incapable of a self determining thought .

Don't be disingenuous and pretend you think abortion should be "controlled" and then equate it to murder.

There is nothing disingenuous about common sense . You wanna paint Abortion with the all or nothing brush it's not that simple. There is a time and a place for abortion . But not 60million times .

Your pissed the right was taken away . The right was abused this is what happens.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Your pissed the right was taken away . The right was abused this is what happens

I think you're pissed that, when given the opportunity, voters vote to preserve women's reproductive rights and abortion access every time!

No not in every scenario because unfortunately some people are morons and are incapable of a self determining thought .

If only that sentiment applied to the 2nd Amendment.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 11:49 PM
link   

If only that sentiment applied to the 2nd Amendment.

Hints why the first two amendments are the most relevant .

Freedom to say and believe what you want .
Freedom to defend yourself.

These two freedoms make America the special place that it is and as long as we have these two freedoms America will remain Special . They are inextricably linked to the survival of this great nation .

I think you're pissed that, when given the opportunity, voters vote to preserve women's reproductive rights and abortion access every time!

Yes Sookie even the most conservative woman believe in Abortion rights . I believe in Abortion rights. Well Abortion rights with limits .

Drinking alcohol is not illegal . Hell even driving Drunk is not illegal up to a certain limit but there are limits.

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Freedom to say and believe what you want

Ergo...
The 1st Amendment protects self-determinism and autonomy; the pursuit of life, liberty and happiness.

Drinking alcohol is not illegal . Hell even driving Drunk is not illegal up to a certain limit but there are limits.

You can't use your free speech to incite violence, you can't use your religion to burn a witch or stone an adulterer to death.

Roe V Wade also had limits; abortion on demand up to viability. After viability, states had the right to ban/regulate/control abortion, unless it was necessary to protect the health/life of the woman.

Yes Sookie even the most conservative woman believe in Abortion rights . I believe in Abortion rights. Well Abortion rights with limits .

What? Like it's part of your "freedom of Religion" to believe what you want?

Freedom to defend yourself.

Definitely, the 2nd Amendment gives a woman the right to use lethal force to defend herself against a pregnancy that's threatening her health and/or life.

You asked where the right to an abortion was enumerated in the Constitution. I'm saying, the Bill of Rights protects an individual's self-determination and autonomy.

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 04:53 AM
link   

so at what age should the killing be wrong? 2?

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 04:57 AM
link   

see, this is where you go way off the rails. The SCOTUS just put the choice back on the people of each individual state. And if you are right, then people will vote for the right to slaughter children. Super, it's the will of the people. But if that's really what you think, why are you so upset? I almost had to wipe your spit off my screen.

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I never said you can't be a Christian. There is however an issue of you subscribe to the ideology of Christian nationalism and are in government, especially when you're two steps away from the Presidency.

Most of the Founding Fathers were Christian but they intentionally created a government that caters to all faiths and creeds. They could have very easily made us a Christian nation but chose not to.

So there I have a very big issue with people that go into government with the intention of overturning the most basic precepts or country is based on.

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

At least 61% of Iowans opposed the abortion ban bill that was just voted on. It passed. So much for will of the people.

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

They are the ones who voted in those that supported the ban bill

Guess that 61% should have shown up to vote when it mattered

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join