It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden will announce Supreme Court reform plans next week

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2024 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

LOL , Nobody Reports Ill Gotten Gains . are you that Naive ? Geez.........

posted on Jul, 28 2024 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kallipygywiggy
a reply to: Dandandat3

About time too. Aren't unelected officials hanging on to high government posts for a lifetime an exact definition of The Swamp?

remember, this would affect democrat justices as well. Still think it's a good idea?

posted on Jul, 28 2024 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Lol true. At least it has a way of sneaking out into the public though. Took long enough in this case.

posted on Jul, 28 2024 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogani

Taking $4 million in bribes is ok because others do it?

Were they bribes? The vast majority of Thomas's "gifts" were visiting his long-time friends on vacations. Show me a connection where he did it all as bribes to sway his decisions. I have been happy with every decision he has made, and each one has been in-depth and thought-provoking. Someone priced out the cost of flying on a private jet, staying at their place, eating their food, etc. etc. at no cost to him and his family. If one was to expense all that out through a travel company it could easily cost 40,000 or more per vacation. Hell it is hard to get away under 10,000 on a cheap to medium one.

Just 2 vacations per year would come to 2.5 milion+ over decades. I think many were annual retreats with his friends who happened to be rich enough to offset his cost. We are not talking money laundering, insider trading, 190 LLCs, 50k a month job for his kid, pay to play...etc that we see with many currently in office, vast majority are liberal.

posted on Jul, 28 2024 @ 11:10 AM
link   

About time too. Aren't unelected officials hanging on to high government posts for a lifetime an exact definition of The Swamp?

The swamp is mainly bureaucracy where people get hired into a federal job and stay there for 40 years with the power to manipulate the political side. I don't see SE as bureaucrats wielding power they should not have. If you want an age limit on the SE then put a term limit on Congress first. 16 years is plenty for Congress.

posted on Jul, 28 2024 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

Most of the session’s biggest cases were decided by a 6-3 majority, but not always along ideological lines

There’s not a problem here.
Just as the left likes to do, they create a problem so they can fix it.

If there were 5 liberals and 4 conservatives, we would hear nothing about expanding the SC or gifts etc. The left would see it as a perfect system, and if the right suggested pushing it to 12 with a Republican in office, they would be rioting in the streets that the right is destroying our democracy.

They F'ed up with Ginsburg thinking Hillary had 95% chance to win, and now they face another dilemma with Sotomayor who has health issues, and she might depart under Trump if he wins. This is why they now want term/age limits in the SC.

posted on Jul, 28 2024 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Dandandat3

Biden is likely to endorse establishing term limits for justices and an enforceable code of ethics,

Well, it's been a long time coming. But, it's too little too late.

I'm going to wait till the actual "plan" is released, but I'm thinking it's really nothing more than a Biden Administration wish list for Congress, and Kamala to use a talking point.

posted on Jul, 28 2024 @ 02:51 PM
link   
The supreme court is a "problem" only when democrats cannot get what they want, now they want soros in the supreme court with his appointee and pay for judges

The Irony.

posted on Jul, 28 2024 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

" They F'ed up with Ginsburg thinking Hillary had 95% chance to win, and now they face another dilemma with Sotomayor who has health issues, and she might depart under Trump if he wins. This is why they now want term/age limits in the SC."

Excellent Summation there to your Point . Politics should Stay the Hell Out of the SCOTUS , it's Defeats it's whole Purpose .

posted on Jul, 28 2024 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dandandat3

"I think" .... in a position reminiscent of Dictatorship; Biden is using his personal desires to reshape the court. Shouldn't reforms to one whole branch of our government come from the people and not one old man still stinging from defeat after his own party removed him from power?

Biden's "personal desires" are meaningless. Biden is being instructed to do and say everything. This whole Supreme Court thing is about the Justice Majority. Nothing else. And any changes he will be "proposing" needs to be passed in Congress. This and a bunch of other BS is all about a possible Democrat super majority in the future. They are pre-campaigning. 😀😀😀

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Well, it's been a long time coming. But, it's too little too late.

I'm going to wait till the actual "plan" is released, but I'm thinking it's really nothing more than a Biden Administration wish list for Congress, and Kamala to use a talking point.

We get it. If the liberals can't win then they change the rules to win, been kind of their agenda for 10+ years.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

The swamp is mainly bureaucracy where people get hired into a federal job and stay there for 40 years with the power to manipulate the political side. I don't see SE as bureaucrats wielding power they should not have. If you want an age limit on the SE then put a term limit on Congress first. 16 years is plenty for Congress.
Isn’t ironic that Biden was a senator for 36 years but now wants term limits for the SC. The democrats hypocrisy never fails to disappoint.

Like not getting involved with the Burisma investigation Quid Pro Joe? How about conflicts of interest with your son and your family’s money laundering?

Biden said about the SC…."disclose gifts, refrain from public political activity, and recuse themselves from cases in which they or their spouses have financial or other conflicts of interest."

edit on 29-7-2024 by KrustyKrab because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: KrustyKrab

Comer is on that! Four years and he doesn't quite have the evidence, but I'm sure it's coming.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453

Comer is on that! Four years and he doesn't quite have the evidence, but I'm sure it's coming.

1) Comer has plenty of evidence, that’s why hunter is about to get rung up for tax fraud
2) Biden is still a sitting president so he’s only subject to impeachment and we know how that would go, patience is a virtue

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

Trump’s attorneys state you must be found guilty in an impeachment before you can be charged with a crime.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 08:42 AM
link   

a reply to: Vermilion

Trump’s attorneys state you must be found guilty in an impeachment before you can be charged with a crime.

It's cool, we can just change the rules to suit our needs. It's totally democratic.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Nothing will ever come of it but anyone with more than a brain cell knows it happened. After all it’s on video for Christ sakes. We also know what the vast amount of the Biden crime syndicate shell companies is all about don’t we? Nothing to see here, go back to sleep frogs.
edit on 29-7-2024 by KrustyKrab because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 08:59 AM
link   
The SCOTUS of the US is the only thing keeping it together. The only thing. If not, you would have a true dictatorship in the US. The SCOTUS is about interpretation of the law. The AG is about enforcing it and they keep each other in check.

With all of the thing going wrong in our country, or things that would need help, this is what they attach themselves to. A way to gain more power and control those already in place.

The Democrats are like a group of spoiled children who do what they want and when you do demonize you for it.

Example - I have been told white privilege is the greatest threat to the US but now, when they need it, Harris is asking for all those white privilege women to vote and use their privilege to help.

It is a clown world.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Pelosi, Schumer, Graham, Menendez...they all have shell companies (aka LLC) to receive money illegally skimmed or generated. Biden could blow the lid off all of them if given legal protection from his own crimes.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

What about all those trips Fani and her lover took, how much do those add up to? Wasn't it at taxpayer's expense?

Is that (D)ifferent?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join