It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden will announce Supreme Court reform plans next week

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: spacedoubt

Ethics?
We don’t need no stinkin ethics?

The average term length of a Supreme Court judge is between 16 and 17 years. Closer to 17.
Look at Thomas! Good man, people love him. All those gifts, he must be good!

But you're good with people making millions in congress for decades.

No, that’s also a problem.
We should build the wall around K Street and just toss in Slim Jims and rice crackers periodically.

Yeah, the leftist White House and Senate will impose restrictions on Supreme Court but they will only ever vote themselves raises.

I never really tracked who voted for giving themselves a raise, but I suspect it’s universally popular.

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Ethics?
We don’t need no stinkin ethics?

The average term length of a Supreme Court judge is between 16 and 17 years. Closer to 17.
Look at Thomas! Good man, people love him. All those gifts, he must be good!

But you're good with people making millions in congress for decades.

No, that’s also a problem.
We should build the wall around K Street and just toss in Slim Jims and rice crackers periodically.

Yeah, the leftist White House and Senate will impose restrictions on Supreme Court but they will only ever vote themselves raises.
It’s the only thing they can agree on. Mo money

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: KrustyKrab

Its funny how the left can agree on term limits for POTUS and Supreme Court but disregard it for themselves.

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 07:09 PM
link   

a reply to: KrustyKrab

Its funny how the left can agree on term limits for POTUS and Supreme Court but disregard it for themselves.

Insider trading rings another bell.

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The left has never agreed to fight fairly, rule fairly, tax fairly, spend fairly, campaign fairly or even treat their voters with fairness.

Why would they start now?

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Dandandat3

🥱💤💤💤...

This is all about Thomas, but not about Thomas, yet it's about Thomas though. The left wants to expand the government, whilst the SCOTUS is actually doing their Constitutional duty.

I honestly think the SCOTUS would rule in favor of the Constitution EVERY TIME, if the citizenry would actually, tangibly have their backs. The SCOTUS is arguably the most balanced arm of the government currently.

Sucks that having a job, wife, kids, a mortgage, a car payment, college funds, retirement and investments gets in the way of the actual effort beyond the ballot box to secure the rights that facilitate the ACQUISITION and RETENTION of those aforementioned "life items".

It's the reason the left trained your kids for all of what they're doing right now, and for doing such a good job, they have been trying to give them a full refund through some unlawful loan forgiveness scheme.

While your working to secure your life and family, these kids are trained not to want such things, so guess what their job is??? Well, while your at work being productive and responsible, they are also at work DESTROYING THE COUNTRY.

OH ...and you get to foot the bill too.

joy.
😐

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Democrat leaders said Biden was too far gone mentally to campaign for re-election, or to stand trial for the National Security crimes he committed.

How is someone this dysfunctional and mentally ill supposed to make legitimate proposals regarding the U.S. Supreme Court?

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Most of the session’s biggest cases were decided by a 6-3 majority, but not always along ideological lines

There’s not a problem here.
Just as the left likes to do, they create a problem so they can fix it.

The biggest problem with the judiciary branch is the circuit courts.

Each circuit does what they want and creates their own precedent for their circuit.
The circuit precedent doesn’t apply to other circuits around the country.
An uneven judiciary.
If the matter doesn’t reach to the supremes, they just carry on as they choose.
That’s the situation this country needs to address.

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: VariedcodeSole

The loan forgiveness was very minimal. Only the more wealthy qualified for it, and the max was $20k. FAKE, just like Joe and Kamala.

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Lol.

Through what bicameral legislature is that going to pass?

Never getting 60 Senate votes. It's a symbolic "Dissapproval of Conservative SCOTUS rulings" move. They ruled against the goal of his administration. Pretty obvious. If he's a dictator his symbolic idea wouldn't fall flat on its ass and never even make it out of the house like it's probably going to.

And if it makes it to the senate: if 60 votes is impossible what's a super majority defined as?

That was a luck of the draw. '16 through '20 just fell that way. Only sucks if you want liberal rulings. I appreciate the gesture, but this is never going anywhere.

There will come a reverse opportunity. A democrat president will get the chance to even it out, just may take 20 years.

I don't like their recent decisions either, but at least they're states rights?

edit on 27-7-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Shouldn't reforms to one whole branch of government come from the people and not one old man

Well, I"m an old man yet still one of the ''people'' mentioned here. I completely agree with the idea of placing term limits on Supreme Court Justices . My suggestion is a term limit of 12 years. This is long enough to span three executive branches ensuring continuity which from my understanding was the intent of no restrictions on length of time in the first place. Yet it is also short enough to ensure against generational biases.

As for establishing enforceable ethics codes, I agree as well. My reasons for that should be understandable to all of us.

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
By "reform" he means RAPE.
God help us if he gets his hands on it.
The Democrats are hell bent on the destruction of this country.

As far as this situation is concerned, we just want women to have control over their own bodies.

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Euronymous2625

As far as this situation is concerned, we just want women to have control over their own bodies.

What don't they control?

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DOCTORNO

What don't they control?

Some of them, apparently, cannot control themselves.
Why doesn’t Kamala have her own children?
Somebody must have made her not get pregnant or something.

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I'm wondering which Biden will address the country? The tall one, shorter one, older one, younger one or the dead one?

I'm hoping its the dead one...

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

" Biden will announce Supreme Court reform plans next week "

Which is Beyond his Authority as POTUS and is Completely Unconstitutional .

This has never stopped or slowed the Southpaws down. And their turkeys gobble it up and demand to get their way venomously.

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

originally posted by: DOCTORNO

What don't they control?

Why doesn’t Kamala have her own children?
Somebody must have made her not get pregnant or something.

With a Dad from Jamaica and a Mom from India, Kamala could have been sterilized for any number of reasons.

She might even be suffering from the same hypersex condition that afflicted Ashley Biden, due to daddy carrying out shower fetishes with them as children.
😟

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

They all look like actor Struan Rodger.

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

Excellent point. Right now, Special Counsel Jack Smith is angry at a Circuit Court/Appeals Court for keeping Trump's document case on a very slow path to possible resuscitation. (Judge Cannon threw it out entirely, a couple of weeks ago.)

Source: www.politico.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare
a reply to: Vermilion

Excellent point. Right now, Special Counsel Jack Smith is angry at a Circuit Court/Appeals Court for keeping Trump's document case on a very slow path to possible resuscitation. (Judge Cannon threw it out entirely, a couple of weeks ago.)

Source: www.politico.com...

Absolutely.
The problem is, in the DC circuit, the precedent there will most likely favor the feds in judge chutkans courtroom.
DC circuit and Florida circuit don’t mesh, yet.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join