It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden will announce Supreme Court reform plans next week

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogani
a reply to: Dandandat3

You're correct on the first part, my bad. I does refer to both things, I've only used it for one of them in my life.

Here, maybe this will make it easier:

I knew the amounts and the majority of it came from Crow but I did not realize Thomas has also been friends with Leonard Leo for decades and he also was very generous. Leo advised Trump on the nominations of Neil Gorsuch, Brett Kavanaugh and Amy Coney Barrett. Before that, he’d helped pick or confirm the court’s three other conservative justices — Clarence Thomas, John Roberts and Samuel Alito. He is now in charge of a 1.6B political trust and helped with over 60 of the 80 articles of project 2025.

The link that I'll provide is quite lengthy, has a lot of information and Leo did answer some questions he pre-approved. This report by Probulica is from the end of last year.

What is concerning is the article addresses that he was savvy enough to see that the court had to be stacked with Federalist Society and/ or super conservative judges, all over. The "don't say gay" judge, judge Cannon, clerks, and state justices. This has been in the works for a very long time as reported in the link.

This week we also had Kevin Roberts of Project 2025 state in a video that "We are winning. …Some victories are in ways that the other side doesn’t yet know …And we’re not going to tell you everything that’s coming, get ready to fight."

I have heard rumblings that after the plan with the fake electors flopped with the last election , that the plan to use the courts within states and ultimately, congress and Scotus to make sure it does not flop if necessary to try again if Trump loses by a tight margin.

Maybe, maybe not. Throwing this out there as it is a conspiracy site after all and yikes, Leonard Leo and what he's managed to do over the years pretty silently is astonishing.

Anyway here's the link from ProPublica. The inside story of how Leonard Leo built a machine that remade the American legal system — and what he plans to do next

And the plans for this Theocracy preceeds Trump.

My post is not directed as Trump is doing this, although he seems like he is kind of the perfect candidate to execute the plan. Trump contrary to his claims of being a "stable genius" is far from smart enough to do this. These other guys? Very smart, connected and wealthy.

I've heard that the rumblings of this plan has reached higher places. Maybe this will be a way to forestall the overtaking of our government by a group of individuals, yet all done within the court systems? No idea really. But very interesting.
edit on 27-7-2024 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I am sure it will be perfectly constitutional and above board... no way i tcould be abused.

*vomits in the plants*

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

Yeah , but Obama and Biden becoming Multi Millionaires after Leaving Office is of No Concern to you Mr. Hypocrite ?

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

I'm not a mister, and that's what you got out of my post? That it was about money? I barely mentioned the money.

But since you asked, you're telling me, that President, or VP or First Lady should not receive book deals or speaking engagements after they are out of office? Seriously? Better express the same attitude towards Melania who is doing pre-sales of her book right now.

I mean, not like they got their daughters patents fast tracked so they could make millions while working in a WH job after dad had a dinner with the head of a communist regime or anything while in office.

Or a Supreme Court Justice receiving lavish unreported gifts, while overseeing cases brought forth by interests of the gift giver.

🤣 Not quite the same, no?

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 11:12 PM
link   

They Both received Loads of Money while they were in Office Dear .Oh ,. and by the Way , How Many Supreme Court Justices have Become Multi Millionaires since they were Appointed to the Court ?
edit on 27-7-2024 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Yeah , but Obama and Biden becoming Multi Millionaires after Leaving Office is of No Concern to you Mr. Hypocrite ?

Oh, now it's when they were in office, yet you are quoted above saying the opposite. Neither Obama or Biden made millions in office. Easily searched. Again the millions after office are books, and speaking engagements. Most recently Obama made a deal with Netflix.

And this link breaks down the asset wealth of all of the judges. A quick overview:

Added together, the Supreme Court is worth an estimated $64 million. Chief Justice John Roberts alone is responsible for nearly 40% of that sum: The wealthiest of all, he’s worth an estimated $25 million. He and the other five conservatives are on average over $5 million richer than the three liberal justices, who account for just 17% of its collective wealth.

Forbes

The reporting is kind of funky for judges, so the full picture may not be clear.

ETA: I'm opposed to any SCOTUS receiving lavish gifts and overseeing benefactors cases. Right or Left.

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 11:29 PM
link   

They are all leading a capitalist societies why is everyone upset just because they are winning?

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Leonard Leo and what he's managed to do over the years pretty silently is astonishing.

Now do George Soros.

How astonishing is the damage his agenda has caused?

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

Hey, give me links to the plan he's actively working on, the politicians espousing it, and the people currently involved in it, telling us it's coming. I'll happily spend time reading it. Could you also provide a source like ProPublica? A group of independent investigative journalists? Thanks!

And I will openly admit to being anti Theocracy government. Certainly not what I want the country turned into.

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453

Hey, give me links to the plan he's actively working on, the politicians espousing it, and the people currently involved in it, telling us it's coming. I'll happily spend time reading it. Could you also provide a source like ProPublica? A group of independent investigative journalists? Thanks!

And I will openly admit to being anti Theocracy government. Certainly not what I want the country turned into.

George Soros 1,344 donations
www.opensecrets.org...

Leonard Leo 130 donations
www.opensecrets.org...

Night and day wouldn’t you say?

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Ok donations. Did you even read the link I provided? It's not about donations, it's about the Federalist Society, advising Presidents, states, etc in which judges to put into place, as well as working on project 2025 to flip our government into a Theocracy. All of the conservative Judges were Leo's picks that he advised, Bush, Trump. Which includes his buddy Thomas.

This is a plan. Not a donation.

posted on Jul, 28 2024 @ 12:01 AM
link   

You’re trying to tell us that Leo made 130 donations to Republicans because he has some diabolical master plan but George Soros’s 1,344 donations are totally innocuous.

posted on Jul, 28 2024 @ 12:07 AM
link   
The DNC that just leveled a coup on Biden wants to now use him, as feeble and incompetent they say he is, but now he can reform the courts for their liking... Amazing garbage we have in places of power today, nothing beats the DNC.

posted on Jul, 28 2024 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
The DNC that just leveled a coup on Biden wants to now use him, as feeble and incompetent they say he is, but now he can reform the courts for their liking... Amazing garbage we have in places of power today, nothing beats the DNC.

They can't use a man who's been removed due to mental illness, as LEVERAGE.

🤡 LOL.

posted on Jul, 28 2024 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Again. Read the link I had posted or not. It is not about donations.

I personally don't care if you read it or not. However, as you do not know what it is about, I'll not argue donations any longer.
edit on 28-7-2024 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2024 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
He’s going to get get it done in the next few months, ignore the fact he couldn’t find his way to his front door but…gett’r done brandon. She told you he was fully capable of being in control of nuclear codes a week ago. Show of hands of the people that believed her.

His replacement??? Cackles the clown, she has a Venn diagram to prove her worth, bless her ❤️.

edit on 28-7-2024 by KrustyKrab because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2024 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Super.
Come back when you have a stronger argument not so easily torpedoed.

Soros is the biggest threat to America than anything else.
He makes Leo look like a rookie.

And by the way, I don’t know anybody who wants a “theocracy government”.
I don’t want that either.
Although I don’t even know wtf that is and you probably don’t either.
It’s even stranger that you think it’s a possibility.
The boogeyman’s name is SOROS.
SOROS plans have actual victims and his funding trying to effect the courts is without equal.

posted on Jul, 28 2024 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogani
a reply to: Dandandat3

You're correct on the first part, my bad. I does refer to both things, I've only used it for one of them in my life.

On the second part though... lol. Really? I was literally laughing my ass off here, before I got back to typing.

Taking $4 million in bribes is ok because others do it? This absolutely should be reformed and no SC justice should ever be able to take bribes again. Ever! For as long as our country lasts -- no more bribes. No more gifts, no more vacations, or shady real estate deals, or private trips and airplanes and who knows what else.

One of these judges is very different. Can you tell which one?

Here, maybe this will make it easier:

I think when Trump is president, he should ask all those who took more than 8,000 in gifts, to retire. Fair?
edit on 28-7-2024 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name

posted on Jul, 28 2024 @ 06:54 AM
link   

I miss ATS. See what used to happen was: when researching a topic, such as this one, it sometimes leads to other related things. If as in this case, along with additional info that is current as I mentioned in my post Leonard Leo/ Kevin Roberts/ Vance/ Trump/Thomas and things being openly discussed. You post it, phrase it as something to think about. Then, people actually read the information. They may not agree, they then themselves, present posts with links, or a post that states their opinion of what they think and why.

Now, people just screech something in opposition, without ever reading it and thinking about it. Name call, etc.

Personally I would be happy if it's dissected and determined as no way plausible because if it is, it's frightening. I am happy to always read links and consider the points made.

But whatever,it's a reactionary site now, strictly partisan with devotion to particular political figures.

posted on Jul, 28 2024 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I'm definitely for clear reporting,a cap on gifts, and recusing themselves from cases brought forth from the donors interests. That seems fair right? And heck in this case, do what you suggested and clean house, then implement it.
edit on 28-7-2024 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join