It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France bans head coverings but allows Christianity to be mocked at Olympics.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2024 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kallipygywiggy
a reply to: Daughter2v2

They're sending up a painting by Leonardo, and a poorly preserved one at that. When did a painting become Christianity? Did you think that picture was a selfie that Jesus and the Disciples posed for?

Now do Mohammed.

Then let’s compare both sides reactions.

Then you can ask yourself why Christianity is singled out to be ridiculed, disrespected and mocked.

posted on Jul, 28 2024 @ 10:37 PM
link   
The same director that did the opening ceremony will also do the closing.

This is the ad for it:

It has a dark, Halloween vibe to it.
A falling man - like the fall of man?
Very creepy.
edit on 28-7-2024 by Daughter2v2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2024 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

Then you can ask yourself why Christianity is singled out to be ridiculed, disrespected and mocked.

It wasn’t.

Just more Christian persecution complex.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Humans do not tend to offend, but snowflakes tend to be offended over nature...

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

That isn't French. It's by the seventeenth-century German painter Hans Rottenheimer.

What does it matter, anyway? Either way, it's just a painting, and the Olympic pageant was just a pageant.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

Do Mohammed what? There's no painting of him to serve as a model for whatever you have in mind.

You seem to think I give a damn about this. For what it's worth, I thought the pageant was ugly and tasteless. Hairy-legged drag queens are really not at all nice to look at. But I am neither a worshipper of graven (or painted) images nor a hater of transvestites, so I am happy to live and let live. Your outrage seems disproportionate and childish to me, but I suppose everyone has to entertain themselves as best they can.

edit on 29-7-2024 by Kallipygywiggy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2v2

These 2 things don't strike me as hypocritical. Both are at odds with the those respective religions. Both are the acts of a secular nation.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

It wasn’t.

Yes it clearly was Christianity being singled out, ridiculed, disrespected and mocked.

Christianity was obviously not being honored now was it?

Your militant atheist hatred towards Christianity has blinded you.

Those deviants took one of the most central aspects of the Christian faith
and mocked it, and mocked the God whom Christians believed in.

That production had no business being in the Olympics, which are supposed
to bring people together. It was divisive and obnoxious and offensive.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
Paris is basically defecating on the entire spirit of the Olympics.

^^ THAT. Exactly.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Kallipygywiggy

I said "housed" in France.

Again, the original last supper is actually a mockery. Jesus and his disciples are not a bunch of white guys.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Christianity was obviously not being honored now was it?

Laïcité ([la.i.si.te], 'secularism') is the constitutional principle of secularism in France. Article 1 of the French Constitution is commonly interpreted as the separation of civil society and religious society. It discourages religious involvement in government affairs, especially in the determination of state policies as well as the recognition of a state religion. It also forbids government involvement in religious affairs, and especially prohibits government influence in the determination of religion, such that it includes a right to the free exercise of religion. Wikipedia

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 08:52 AM
link   

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the WEF puppet Macron and his recruited mediocre underachievers who have to do something shocking in order to gain any recognition are deliberately discrediting this long-standing tradition of excellence.

🤷‍♀️ wouldn't be the craziest scheme the WEF has initiated either.

I did like the Marie Antoinette part of the show, though.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Kallipygywiggy

You interjected yourself and you post doesn't fit with the conversation.

The fact that France is secular is IRRELEVANT.

The person I was responding to said that people were having a "Christian persecution complex".

My point is that no, people are NOT 'having a complex'. It's obvious that what happened in France obviously wasn't people honoring Christianity. It's obvious that they were mocking.

Try to keep up.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 09:53 AM
link   

France obviously wasn't people honoring Christianity

Oh no! Say it isn't true!

Fun Fact; Christians banned all such Olympian festivities in the 3rd century CE, early into their murderous reign on the earth, citing paganistic themes.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 10:11 AM
link   

You interjected yourself and you post doesn't fit with the conversation.

That is not for you to say; any member can reply to any post. Why do you expect a nation originally founded on the separation of church and state to honour your preferred religion on a state occasion? Do you think that's logical?

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: Annee

It wasn’t.

Your militant atheist hatred towards Christianity has blinded you..

Militant atheist?

Let’s compare my posts to yours in determining who’s militant.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 10:26 AM
link   

a reply to: Vermilion

Do Mohammed what? There's no painting of him to serve as a model for whatever you have in mind.

You seem to think I give a damn about this. For what it's worth, I thought the pageant was ugly and tasteless. Hairy-legged drag queens are really not at all nice to look at. But I am neither a worshipper of graven (or painted) images nor a hater of transvestites, so I am happy to live and let live. Your outrage seems disproportionate and childish to me, but I suppose everyone has to entertain themselves as best they can.

Have you never heard what happens when you mock Mohammed?

Sept. 2005: Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten publishes 12 cartoon caricatures of the Prophet Mohammad, including one in which he seems to wear a bomb for a turban. They spark protests and official outrage across the Muslim world, which continues for months as dozens of newspapers outside Denmark republish the cartoons.
Feb. 2006: Attacks on Danish diplomatic missions in the Muslim world spread quickly. More than 50 people are killed as police try to quell protests in the Middle East, Africa and Asia.
Feb. 2008: Police arrest two Tunisians and a Dane of Moroccan descent in Denmark for planning to kill cartoonist Kurt Westergaard.
Jan. 2010: Westergaard escapes an attack by a Somali man armed with an axe at his home in Aarhus.
Dec. 2010: Blasts rock Stockholm, killing the bomber and wounding two people, after Swedish news agency TT received a threatening letter referring to Sweden's presence in Afghanistan and caricatures of the Prophet.
Sept. 2012: French satirical weekly Charlie Hebdo publishes cartoons of the Prophet, including some of him naked. Protests again flare up across the Muslim world.
Jan. 2015: Gunmen kill 12 people at the Paris offices of satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo. The magazine later publishes a caricature of the Prophet with a sign saying "Je suis Charlie". Again, violent protests flare up across the Muslim world.
Feb. 2015: A gunman kills two people in attacks on a Copenhagen synagogue and a cafe hosting a free-speech event.
May 2015: Texas police shoot dead two gunmen who opened fire outside an exhibit of caricatures of the Prophet.
Sept. 2020: Charlie Hebdo re-publishes the cartoons on the eve of a trial of suspected accomplices in the 2015 attack on its offices. Later, a man with a meat cleaver wounds two people outside the building where that attack took place. A Muslim boycott of French goods begins to gather momentum.
Oct. 16, 2020: A Chechen teenager beheads a French teacher in the street in a Paris suburb after he showed caricatures of the Prophet during a civics lesson.
Oct. 29, 2020: A knife-wielding Tunisian man decapitates a woman and kills two other people in a church in the southern French city of Nice. It remains unclear whether he was motivated by the showing of the cartoons in the Paris school. He shouted 'Allahu Akbar' (God is Greatest) during the attack.
www.reuters.com...

Rioting over the controversial cartoons depicting the Prophet Muhammad claimed another 16 lives last night in Nigeria as churches were burned by protesting Muslims.
amp.theguardian.com...

Now you know why Christianity is singled out to be ridiculed, disrespected and mocked.
It seems the bullies of the gay mafia are only tolerant if they’re scared of you.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
a reply to: TinfoilTophat

The IOC has also disrespected every athlete there and decent humans everywhere by allowing a convicted child rapist (convicted of raping a 12 year old) compete for Netherlands men's volleyball team.

Unfortunately this means I won't be watching. I was really looking forward to Nikola Jokic playing basketball for Serbia, too.

Honestly, thats your loss... the games have been fantastic this year so far!

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 11:19 AM
link   
These progressive cowards don't even have the courage of their convictions. Them coming out with that fake apology and saying it wasn't meant to be offensive

Nobody is fooled by that. Of course it was meant to offend. They were proud of how offensive it is. We've all encountered these trolls before. That's all this was. It was meant to troll Christians.

The left thinks they're so sophisticated and they're really perpetual children.

The left thinks they're tolerant while they're consistently the biggest bigots in the room.

Own it, cowards. If you really think you're in the right, why back down?

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 11:24 AM
link   

That is not for you to say; any member can reply to any post.

And your response was did not address what I was saying.

Why do you expect a nation originally founded on the separation of church and state to honour your preferred religion on a state occasion?

I don't expect them to honor Christianity. I didn't say that. I was making a point that someone who claimed Christians were having a persecution complex were wrong. That it was obvious that those people were not doing anything honorable with Christianity but instead were mocking it.

The person whined that it was persecution complex and I said ... well it's not like they are honoring Christianity. It was facetious. DUH.

So there is no 'persecution complex' .... it really IS persecution.

Again ... try to keep up.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join