It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France bans head coverings but allows Christianity to be mocked at Olympics.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
Meanwhile, actual Christians, yes the ones screeching about mockery actually post these:

A handful of partisan idiots posting political satire/commentary in artwork online is not even remotely the same as the Olympics, which is watched by a billion people around the world, and which is supposed to be people coming together in peace and friendship .... mocking the religion of 1/3 of the worlds population. It simply is not.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: ByeByeAmericanPie
IMO, this performance was the most honorable of Christianity, that I have ever seen..

Then you know nothing about Christianity.
I'd pity you, but I have a feeling it's willful ignorance on your part.

I know there’s no evidence Romans crucified anybody.

If that’s what you think it means to Bear Your Cross, than looks like the willful ignorance is yours.

A depiction of an orgy is more accurate.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 02:40 PM
link   

ATTENTION...please read before posting further....

BE AWARE THAT IF YOUR POST IS NOT ON TOPIC AND/OR IS ABOUT OTHER MEMBERS YOU MAY BE ABOUT TO HAVE POSTS REMOVED. OR YOU MAY BE TEMPORARILY POST BANNED!
AND, PLEASE REMEMBER THERE IS NO MORE MUD PIT....MUD NOT ALLOWED. Just because the MUD PIT is gone, doesn't mean ATS allows muddy politics.

Everyone and I mean everyone is allowed to post here on topic and to do so without being called names or becoming the target of others' posts. Debate the topic and leave each other out of it. OPPOSING VIEWPOINTS are encouraged.
Those who refuse to get that concept may be POST BANNED!!!

These rules apply to all threads and if you want to engage in personal attacks there are other sites on the Internet where you can do that. Our goal is for ATS to be above that. For members here to post like mature adults.
YOU are responsible for your own posts

And, as always...
Do not reply to this post.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 03:05 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 03:34 PM
link   
A n organizer of the Paris Olympics said that the drag performance during Friday’s opening ceremony was a nod to Greek mythology, not the Last Supper.

[B]
“The idea was to have a pagan celebration connected to the gods of Olympus. You will never find in me a desire to mock and denigrate anyone.”

Anne Descamps, a spokesperson for the 2024 Paris Olympics, apologized at a press conference if people took offense to it but emphasized that that was not their intention.

“Clearly there was never an intention to show disrespect to any religious group. On the contrary, I think that Thomas Jolly really tried to celebrate community tolerance,”
[/B]

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Backpeddling.

Others said it was supposed to be the Last Supper.

And it clearly was.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 03:43 PM
link   

He probably doesn’t even know the messages he is conveying, oblivious just like rock stars.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Backpeddling.

Others said it was supposed to be the Last Supper.

And it clearly was.

It was described as Dionysus in the official brochure and press pack prior to the openning ceremony hence why all international broadcasters described it as such.

A couple of US outlets mistranslated the French into supper which is an easy mistake for those not familiar with acutes but there were more people on stage than in the biblical depiction of the last supper.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Why was he blue?

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ByeByeAmericanPie

Why was he blue?

Because Dionysus is depicted as blue in a lot of classic work (see my post a couple of pages back for an example), the DJ woman with the silvery headress people are mistaking for Jesus is Apollo the greek god of music and his halo was later incorporated into Christian art around 800 years later.

Auggie could describe it better than I can, I was just raised RC, been to Greece and Crete a few times to see the ruins/museums and lived in rural France for a few years so get their weird sense of humour/could understand his song.

Does the US use a different version of the bible than European RC/Prod/Catholics? I think King James and New Jerusalem were the ones our monseigneur and nursery to college used and there were only 13 (Jesus and 12 disciples) present in the ones this side of the pond but I don't think US evangelicals allow those translations.
edit on 29-7-2024 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I always go with the original KJV, but I like to think I’ve moved on from being stuck in the Bible.

I can’t say that for most others, as the resistance to the messages is massive.

In that spirit I appreciate the apparent messages delivered in the ceremony. Though it is a great sorrow.

The Fat Lady has sung. The whore of Babylon has devoured Jesus. That IMO is the message.

I must have missed your posts showing a blue Dionysus.

I think you will find the color most associated with Dionysus to be purple, with green and red a distant 2nd and 3rd.

www.reddit.com...

That color of blue is associated with Heaven, (the color of oxygen - o2) as Celine Dion’s choice of song alluded to.
edit on 29-7-2024 by ByeByeAmericanPie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

Have you never heard what happens when you mock Mohammed?

You must have put in a lot of time compiling that list. Evidently you have an animus against Muslims, or you'd never have put in the effort.

Christianity is singled out to be ridiculed, disrespected and mocked.

What bigoted nonsense. All faiths are mocked by those who place their belief in other faiths, because people, sadly, are like that. Not all people, of course, but nearly all. The vicious, stupid majority.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kallipygywiggy

What bigoted nonsense. All faiths are mocked by those who place their belief in other faiths, because people, sadly, are like that. Not all people, of course, but nearly all. The vicious, stupid majority.

Let’s add persecution of the non-believers also.

Plenty of mocking from those here — the same ones upset about France.

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Kallipygywiggy

Wrong.
It was basically only Christianity being mocked on the world’s biggest stage.
I provided 2 easy to find links showing you why they wouldn’t mock Muslims.
You should read them, it’s enlightening.

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Kallipygywiggy

Let’s add persecution of the non-believers also.

Plenty of mocking from those here — the same ones upset about France.

I’m don’t recall nonbelievers (or any other religion than Christianity) being mocked at the opening ceremony.
Please remind us.

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2v2

" France bans head coverings but allows Christianity to be mocked at Olympics."

Stupid WOKE Frogs ..........

And the Result of that Is.............

edit on 30-7-2024 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

They had around a million unsold tickets for the event, so they started flogging them dirt cheap, still no takers and people who paid full price started demanding their money back or their tickets discounted too.
The day after the opening 'ceremony', Paris were offering people to travel from UK for just 1p! The hotels in Paris are not booked up as they hoped and should have been, and local hoteliers were interviewed and said they are losing money hand over fist.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I read a new word earlier. Grossophobia...it was in an article talking about the hate directed at the fat bird in the halo.

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Seems Satanism is just Not " All the Rage " in this Years Olympics . Who would of Thunk > ? Hm...

edit on 1-8-2024 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 10:54 PM
link   
France sucks
South Park predicted Olympic 'biological male' boxing fallout
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Those are NOT the hands of a woman
i.dailymail.co.uk...

‘Thank God I got out safely’ – female fighter’s relief after facing boxer who failed gender
sports.yahoo.com...

sick AND it's not just because of sacrilege, all
around it's just plain sick, ethically sick.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join