It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JD Vance Is the Least Liked VP Nominee in Decades, According to Polls

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

That was the late, great Alan Rickman.

Obligatory English baddie.

I was referring to the traitorous coke snorting guy. Ellis.

Not suggesting for one minute that JD is either a coke fiend or a traitor.

edit on 26-7-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Ah right, guy that's trying to pu@p his Mrs.

Ma bad.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

And sell out anyone for a dollar.

Not that JD would, I hasten to add. Probably.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 02:20 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone
Trump could very well replace Vance yet.

www.msn.com...

That's the leaks from M-A-L. trump is not happy at all. Apparently it was trump jr. that chose JD.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: lilzazz

originally posted by: quintessentone
Trump could very well replace Vance yet.

www.msn.com...

That's the leaks from M-A-L. trump is not happy at all. Apparently it was trump jr. that chose JD.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 02:37 PM
link   

ATTENTION...please read before posting further....

BE AWARE THAT IF YOUR POST IS NOT ON TOPIC AND/OR IS ABOUT OTHER MEMBERS YOU MAY BE ABOUT TO HAVE POSTS REMOVED. OR YOU MAY BE TEMPORARILY POST BANNED!
AND, PLEASE REMEMBER THERE IS NO MORE MUD PIT....MUD NOT ALLOWED. Just because the MUD PIT is gone, doesn't mean ATS allows muddy politics.

Everyone and I mean everyone is allowed to post here on topic and to do so without being called names or becoming the target of others' posts. Debate the topic and leave each other out of it. OPPOSING VIEWPOINTS are encouraged.
Those who refuse to get that concept may be POST BANNED!!!

These rules apply to all threads and if you want to engage in personal attacks there are other sites on the Internet where you can do that. Our goal is for ATS to be above that. For members here to post like mature adults.
YOU are responsible for your own posts

And, as always...
Do not reply to this post.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

The dude doesn’t age well either, he looks mid 40’s. He’s not going to last IMO, especially when Trump sees the populous opinion trend.
edit on 26-7-2024 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181

The dude doesn’t age well either, he looks mid 40’s. He’s not going to last IMO, especially when Trump sees the populous opinion trend.

He was not, by far, the GOP's first, second or third pick.

Is it any wonder if the top names in that party didn't want him, that their base would not warm up to him as well?

Hence the poll numbers.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Biggest donors to JD Vance:

1. Peter Thiel
Net worth $7.9 Billion
Donated: $15 million

2. Elizabeth Uihlein
Net worth: $6.6 Billion
Donated: $250,000

3. Richard Kurtz
Net worth: $1 Billion
Donated: $100,000

4. Jimmy Haslam
Net worth: $8 Billion
Donated: $94,000

Here's the entire list:
www.forbes.com...

This guy is a puppet to the billionaires.

Expect to see tax cuts for the rich if he gets elected.
edit on 26-7-2024 by TinfoilTophat because: Eat the Rich

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

I was gonna write about this the other day too. Thanks for posting it.

It is a really weird pick for VP and there are MANY republicans who are wondering about it as well and are vocal about it. He just doesn't bring anything new to the ticket. Just a younger grape from the same vine.

The average net favorability rating for VP picks since 1980 has been +19 points. That is why they are picked, because they are liked. The person running at the top of the ticket can't be liked by everyone. That is why their second is supposed to fill in the gaps.

Vance underperformed even in his own district, while raking in insane amounts of funds from oligarch supporters like Peter Thiel. He gave him millions of dollars more than anyone else had, and he still performed worse than expected. And that is in his own district. Outside of his district, his favorability is always net negative.

I think Trump chose him because he is like him... he'll say anything to get what he wants. Only Trump did it when he thought there wouldn't be much of a fight from old Biden. Now, after the Harris ticket, Vance is just heavy baggage.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTophat

A realtor, a beer owner, a gay tech genius and guy who owns a football team.

How are they going to make him a puppet?

Most on that list are tech folks. Roku.Oculus. The wife of the owner of the NYSE.

What do I not see? People that need something.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTophat
This guy is a puppet to the billionaires.

Expect to see tax cuts for the rich if he gets elected.

Yes, he is, but because he has an 'IN' with the tech bros, it also means he can get much needed money for Trump from them as well. With Trump spending most of his donations on private attorneys, any money Vance can bring in is welcomed.

This is another reason Trump picked him -- money from the oligarchs. Easier access to it.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

Is it true that Vance has changed his name 4X and that he once considered himself homosexual but that his faith turned him back to heterosexuality, or is he really bi-sexual?

That makes him sound like a closet Dem. Wouldn’t that make him appeal to Democrats more, or is it having faith in God that discredits him?

This response is the Mortal Kombat equivalent of a fatality. Lol

“Stop…stop…he’s already dead.”
edit on 26-7-2024 by Lapidoth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogani

Theil introduced Trump for his nomination at the 2016 RNC. These are entrepreneurs. Not life long politicians. I just see nothing wrong here.

Now, Act Blue? Different Story.

Vance was not my first pick but learning more about him I do not see swamp. I see another outsider who will back his POTUS when needed.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I'm starting to think also that DJT picked Vance because he also used to have the name Donald. That has to count for something. Same names!

James David Vance was born James Donald Bowman to a Donald Bowman. After his mom divorced DB, she didn't want her kid to carry his names, so she renamed him to James David Hamel, after her next husband.

JD Hamel is what he was called his whole life, pretty much, from middle school through graduating college.

After his mom divorced the Hamel guy, he decided he did not want to carry the name of someone he was not even related to, and changed his last name to Vance, after his late grandmother.

But he started out as Donald!

DJT must have looked at all that during the vetting process and said. "What a great name! Should have kept it!"

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogani

I gotta star ya for that one. As good as some numerology explanations.

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

It's been said Trump has a Plan to reselect a VP as things progress. I like Tulsi too, and she would for sure be a great counterweight for the Vote F crowd.

I mean, Trump already has the middle-aged hard-guy vote locked up.

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
I trust this as much as the poll that said Trump was the worst president in history. As in, it holds no water. Especially given the source and political climate. I'd prefer Gabbard to be the pick, but I can respect Vance as a pick, too.

Most Americans are unaware of who the last 5 VPs even are.

Vance could simply be a lightning-rod type character.

I can feel the tingle for when Trump switches to Tulsi though.

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: 777Vader

It would be a risk to replace Vance. It's opens Trump up to criticism of his decision-making abilities which in turn leads to questions about diminished mental capacity due to age.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join