It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JD Vance Is the Least Liked VP Nominee in Decades, According to Polls

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 05:05 AM
link   

JD Vance is the first non-incumbent vice presidential nominee to have a net-negative favorable rating after a convention since 1980, according to poll numbers.

The Ohio senator's net favorable rating was at -6 points after the Republican National Convention (RNC), according to CNN's senior data reporter Harry Enten. This is far behind the general average since 2000, which was +19 points.

Source

I said it when he was picked, Vance was probably the absolute worst pick Trump could've made for VP. But he's who Peter Thiel and the Heritage Foundation wanted.

To put things into perspective, the poster child for bad VP picks, Sarah Palin, had a favorability rating of +26 at this point. More than 30 points higher than Vance.

To make matters even worse, Vance isn't even helping Trump with Ohio. Vance is actually polling worse in his home district than he is nationally.

Vance is an albatross around the Trump campaign's neck and there's not really much they can do about it.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 05:31 AM
link   
First I heard of Vance was getting picked VP. Was Trump thinking about his military experience so soon after the shooting attempt? Going to need someone battle hardened.

As for where Peter Thiel goes as one close associate?

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 05:48 AM
link   
You think CNN would write any article in favor of anyone tied to Trump. CNN is a far left media outlet. It is weird how Trump picks religious nuts that most Americans have never heard of.

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 05:57 AM
link   
He's absolutely a viciously hated candidate by almost every registered Democrat. 😊

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

Yeah, I agree; I think Vance is a bad pick also. I've thought that from the moment I read about Vance getting the nod. He might be a smart guy, and a decent guy, but he doesn't have the appeal.

If Trump wanted to slam-dunk the '24 elections, he would have picked Tulsi Gabbard. Only reason I can think of why Trump didn't pick her is he's afraid of her. She well spoken, very direct and she shows well. She also polls well with democrats. She would have pulled in a lot of fence-sitters and undecideds. Just can't imagine why he didn't pick her! YUGE mistake, IMHO!

edit - BTW, Trump could replace Vance if he wants, but he'll need to do this quickly if he's gonna' do it.
edit on 7/26/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Your sources are faulty as usual.

He's still better than the Border Czar Kamala.

All this losing makes you do desperate things I guess.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Well couches certainly cower when they see him coming.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 06:10 AM
link   
He's the Vice President pick.

No one gives a rats ass about the Vice President.

They are always picked because they can bring in a state during the election or a demographic, or in Harris case, they are just a DEI hire to bring in the minority vote.

VPs mean nothing. As soon as the election is over they disappear into a black hole.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Vance is not actually polling very well. His numbers are pretty grim.

This discussion has made it up to Trump. I personally think he should reconsider. He's got a perfect excuse to do it right now too. He could use The Gotham Giggler development as the reasoning. Vance was picked by Trump before SLO-JO crapped the bed and gave the nod to The Gotham Giggler, so Trump could switch up now citing this as a better pick given the competition.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I think the VP is going to get a lot more attention going forward because people can now see the realities of a VP who's a zero.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Is it true that Vance has changed his name 4X and that he once considered himself homosexual but that his faith turned him back to heterosexuality, or is he really bi-sexual?

www.yahoo.com...

I wonder if he is still wondering who and what he is?
edit on q00000033731America/Chicago3030America/Chicago7 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I trust this as much as the poll that said Trump was the worst president in history. As in, it holds no water. Especially given the source and political climate. I'd prefer Gabbard to be the pick, but I can respect Vance as a pick, too.

Most Americans are unaware of who the last 5 VPs even are.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Is it true that Vance has changed his name 4X and that he once considered himself homosexual but that his faith turned him back to heterosexuality, or is he really bi-sexual?

That makes him sound like a closet Dem. Wouldn’t that make him appeal to Democrats more, or is it having faith in God that discredits him?

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

That makes him sound like a closet Dem. Wouldn’t that make him appeal to Democrats more, or is it having faith in God that discredits him?

I am not discrediting him, I am wondering if he is still screwed up and if so he should not be in any seat in any government agency. It seems his attentions have turned to childless women who prefer to have cats as pets, get it? Is that what his faith teaches him?

Additionally, Harris does have children and no pets.

oilprice.com...

So, that is just another light bulb moment that everyone should have about Vance or whatever his name is.
edit on q00000050731America/Chicago0909America/Chicago7 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 06:43 AM
link   

He does appear to be a bit of a sycophant flip-flopper.

As to his opinions where women are concerned.

Let's just say he's stuck in the wrong century on that score.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

It could easily be argued that a large part of why McCain lost in '08 is down to his VP pick.

Trump is 79. Statistically speaking he's not making it through another administration. His VP pick is definitely going to be in voters' minds when they go to the polls.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 06:55 AM
link   

I am wondering if he is still screwed up and if so he should not be in any seat in any government agency

So you’re saying homosexual thoughts make him screwed up enough to not hold a position in government?
Are your thoughts on people like Pete Buttigieg holding a government position the same, or does his beliefs give him a pass?

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

I am wondering if he is still screwed up and if so he should not be in any seat in any government agency

So you’re saying homosexual thoughts make him screwed up enough to not hold a position in government?
Are your thoughts on people like Pete Buttigieg holding a government position the same, or does his beliefs give him a pass?

I am asking from the totality of his behaviour past and present is he still screwed up? I am also asking what type of faith allows him to speak on anything regarding women?
edit on q00000057731America/Chicago5454America/Chicago7 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

Oh, I suspect that is 'completely different'!

LOL!

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 07:00 AM
link   
While I am not a fan of JDs tax proposal on single adults, because parents with children get the tax break when applied for.

But, that's a disposable political proposal.

It's doesn't effect us in any way worse than the already over burdening federal taxes we pay as it is. 70% income lost...so DC can send trillions to foreigners ...

What about spending that foreign assistance to countries that hate America, on our own homeless people and homeless veterans.

Because priorities of a "transparent" democrat regime do not include America first, let alone Americans in general.

Actions of Corrupt Career Parasite Politicians, says it all.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join