It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shots Fired At Trump Rally Trump Looks Wounded

page: 87
<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

But it is an open carry state, in regards to handguns. Long guns have no restrictions. I mean that is almost as pro-2A as Texas.

only with a Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms (LCF) or a permit/license from a state with which PA has reciprocation with.

i should have expressed that better, PA courts have ruled that a gun that is partial Concealed you need one. so you can't just tuck in in your pants or wear it under your coat in the winter.

edit on 21-7-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato
That is for concealed firearms, the state allows open carry.

ETA: Except in Philadelphia.

Pennsylvania generally allows open carry of firearms without a license. In Philadelphia, you must have a license to openly carry a firearm.

Pennsylvania Open Carry Laws

edit on 21-7-2024 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: badcabbie
But it is an open carry state, in regards to handguns. Long guns have no restrictions.

I mean that is almost as pro-2A as Texas.

It's really not, though. Carefully read through the legal information I posted in the above reply. In the state of Pennsylvania you are not allowed to carry a handgun on your person or in your vehicle, loaded or not, without special paperwork, or unless to or from the shooting range, for the purpose of recovering stolen property, to or from the gunsmith, or to or from a hunting trip (for which special paperwork would still be required). That's what the law says. A far cry from Texas at best.

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 11:16 PM
link   

see my edit,

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Look at what I posted above, Pennsylvania (except for Philadelphia) is open carry of handguns and either way we are not talking about a handgun in this case anyway.

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato
So you have to legit open carry, but that still makes it an open carry state.

ETA: Let me share an ironic tidbit with you. Here in Guatemala we have the right to carry firearms with a permit. For many years you could carry however you wanted. Sometime ago they passed a law that said that those with a carry permits had to carry concealed.

The cowboys where I live, we are kinda the Texas of Guatemala, said hell no and anywhere you go you see people with their firearms exposed because it is a symbol of being a badass.

It seems ironic to me that people in the US have to jump through a hoop or two to be able to carry concealed while here they tried to force us to carry concealed.

edit on 21-7-2024 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 11:30 PM
link   
BREAKING: Whistleblower documents provided to Congress by @EMPOWR_us show the Secret Service assigned only 3 Secret Service post standers to Trump’s July 13 rally—and 12 to Jill Biden’s dinner the same day: realclearpolitics.com...

Senator
@ChuckGrassley
wrote to Secret Service Director Kim Cheatle about the disparity.

This follows reports from
@SenRonJohnson
’s staff that the Secret Service allegedly only assigned counter-snipers one day before the event, after initially planning to send none, and from Senator
@HawleyMO
that the Secret Service considered this a “loose security” event. x.com...

Uh oh.
More evidence showing the First Lady’s event took resources away from Trump’s rally.
They really jumped the gun trying to pass off that Iranian threat BS and now it’s catching up to them.
Funny how the truth always seems to do that.

edit on Mon Jul 22 2024 by DontTreadOnMe because: posting link again as it would not load www.realclearpolitics.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Maybe if you're strictly on foot, but as soon as you get into a motor vehicle:

Any person carrying a handgun in any vehicle or concealed on or about his person’ is required to have a license to carry or a Sportsman’s Firearm Permit (good only for hunting, fishing, trapping and dog training).
However, no license is required:
(1) to carry a handgun in one’s home or fixed place of business;
(2) when engaged in target shooting or while going to or from shooters’ places of assembly or target practice, provided the firearm is unloaded and the ammunition is carried in a separate container;
(3) for law enforcement personnel, including policemen, jail wardens, and sheriffs and their deputies;
(4) to carry an unloaded and securely wrapped firearm from place of purchase to one’s home or place of business, to or from a place of repair, or in moving from one place of abode or business to another, or from one’s home to a vacation or recreational home or dwelling or back, to recover stolen property, or to a location to which the person has been directed to surrender firearms or back upon return of the surrendered firearm;
(5) to carry while lawfully hunting or fishing or going to the place of hunting or fishing, provided one has a hunting or fishing license and a Sportsman’s Firearm Permit;
(6) while carrying a firearm in any vehicle when the person possesses a valid and lawfully issued license for that firearm which has been issued under the laws of the U.S. or any other state;
(7) by a person who has a lawfully issued license to carry a firearm and said license expired within six months prior to the date of arrest and that individual is otherwise eligible for renewal of that license;
(8) by any person who is otherwise eligible to possess a firearm and who is operating a motor vehicle which is registered in the person’s name or the name of a spouse or parent and which contains a firearm for which a valid license has been issued to the spouse or parent owning the firearm.
A Sportsman’s Firearm Permit is valid only for sporting purposes. It is obtained by applying to the county treasurer. The applicant must present his hunting or fishing license and pay a fee of $6.00. The permit is valid for five years. It must be carried with a valid hunting or fishing license.
Application for a license to carry may be made to the chief of police in a city of the first class (Philadelphia) or sheriff in the county where the applicant resides. Non-residents may apply to any county sheriff but must first possess any applicable license required by their state of residence. All information provided by the potential purchaser, transferee or applicant, including but not limited to, the potential purchaser, transferee or applicant’s name or identity, is confidential and not subject to public disclosure. The license is valid for five years from the date of issuance unless sooner revoked for good cause. The fee is $20.00 depending on county.
The issuing officer shall, within 45 days, issue the license unless good cause exists to deny. The state code lists several factors which preclude issuance of a license, including, but not limited to:
(1) being of a character and reputation that the applicant is likely to act in a manner dangerous to public safety;
(2) currently charged with or convicted of certain crimes;
(3) being a habitual drunkard or abuser of controlled substances;
(4) being of unsound mind or having been involuntarily committed to a mental institution; or
(5) having been dishonorably discharged from the Armed Forces.
When carrying a handgun, the licensee shall, upon demand of a law enforcement officer, produce the license for inspection. A license to carry or a Sportsman’s Firearm Permit does not authorize carrying a loaded shotgun or rifle in any vehicle. A Sportsman’s Firearm Permit does not authorize carrying a loaded handgun in a vehicle. A weapon is “loaded” if there is ammunition capable of being fired in the firing chamber, any cylinder of a revolver, in a nondetachable magazine, or in a detachable magazine that is attached or in the same container or compartment as the firearm.

www.nraila.org...

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Still has nothing to do with the topic of the thread since it wasn't a handgun.

The point was that Pennsylvania is pretty lenient or pro-2a when it comes to guns. You can open carry any long gun and even handguns as long as it isn't in Philadelphia.

So out of 46K square miles what you nitpicked only applies 146 square miles and this incident didn't happen anywhere near there.

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 11:48 PM
link   

From your source:

Under the Pennsylvania State Constitution (Art. I § 21), all citizens preserve a right to “bear arms in defense of themselves and the State.” Because Pennsylvania maintains an open carry policy, anyone who is at least 18 years of age, and is not prohibited by law to own and hold firearms, may openly carry a handgun in plain sight without a license, except in vehicles. However, you must obtain a permit in order to carry a concealed weapon.

Exceptions to this rule are:

You are allowed to legally carry a concealed weapon in your own home without a permit;
You are allowed to legally carry a concealed weapon in your fixed place of business without a permit.

Notwithstanding the exceptions above, any person found to be carrying a firearm weapon in any vehicle or concealed on or about his person, without a valid license, can be charged with a felony of the third degree (Pennsylvania Criminal Code, Title 18 § 6106). This scenario would occur if the person is found to be ineligible to possess a valid license. A third-degree felony sentence can result in up to seven years in prison with a maximum fine of $15,000.

A person who is otherwise qualified to possess a valid license but is caught with concealed weapons without a permit, except in his place of abode or fixed place of business, can be charged with a misdemeanor of the first degree. If convicted, you can face potential jail time of up to five years and a fine of up to $10,000.

www.pittsburghcriminalattorney.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 12:08 AM
link   
That is what I said, it is basically an "open" carry state.

You keep citing about concealed carry.

Pennsylvania maintains an open carry policy, anyone who is at least 18 years of age, and is not prohibited by law to own and hold firearms, may openly carry a handgun in plain sight without a license, except in vehicles. However, you must obtain a permit in order to carry a concealed weapon.

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 02:54 AM
link   
2024 07 19 Kim update. Deep State angry, losing control.

In this video at the 40 min mark, there is a 25 minute interview with an eyewitness near the stage. Goes through the whole event. Noticed three distinct gun shot noises. First set of 3 shots, next 3-4 shots, shot from counter sniper on Barn.

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Have been working on my own independent shooting analysis. Results so far:

More information at Link

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Shooter didn't use a hand gun. Not sure why people keep posting legalese about hand guns.

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwaka
Have been working on my own independent shooting analysis. Results so far:

More information at Link

From your chart, it certainly looks like there were TWO shooters.

Was it shots #2 and #3 that impacted the parked tractor?
If so, that bullet should not be a match to Crooks' rifle.
edit on CamMon, 22 Jul 2024 08:29:55 -0500Monday 1amJuly20247 by CarlLaFong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: CarlLaFong

Was it shots #2 and #3 that impacted the parked tractor?

Was the tractor hit twice? The tractor getting hit once is clear with the hydraulic fluid spraying out.

I have not seen any evidence at this time that shots 4-8 made it anywhere near Trump or the crowd around him. By the time these shots started Trump had ducked with SS staff shielding him. none of them showed any signs of getting hit.

If so, that bullet should not be a match to Crooks' rifle.

Yes.

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 12:03 PM
link   

In vehicles, in vehicles, in vehicles. You might be okay carrying openly while walking down the street. As soon as you enter a motor vehicle, you're breaking the law. Doesn't matter whether the handgun is loaded or unloaded, in plain sight or concealed, in the glovebox, on the dash, or in the trunk. Without special paperwork, you're committing a serious crime.

I've quoted the law three times, even quoted it from your linked source and bolded the part that applies. If you're committed to remaining obtuse about it then I can't control that. For anyone else reading this though, only reason I got into this off topic tangent was to point out to the readers that Pennsylvania is not really all that pro Second Amendment. There are some odd restrictions there that could get a regular person in a bit of trouble. If you're looking to move to or travel through PA while armed be sure to carefully read and fully understand the law.

a reply to: 5thHead
There were some posts here proclaiming PA to be very 2A friendly, "almost as unrestricted as Texas" was the jargon used, which begged a correction. Having posted the pertinent material to offer a correction, and also recognizing the futility of attempting to reason with the user that engaged me in argument, I will now desist from crapping up the thread with it.

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: Terpene
I don't know but from the position Crooks was in, he wouldn't have just graze his ear and, of course, Trump wasn't going to take a chance of someone on his team shooting at his ear to try and just graze it.

Not to contradict you, but to use this moment to say that, I completely understand how people view the "set-up" perspective based solely on how spectacular was the timing and how mind-bogglingly unlikely this kind of shot/wound would be under ANY circumstances.

The odds are incalcuable.

Yet here we are.

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 03:53 PM
link   
But the state is still a lot more pro 2a than many others. That was the original point.

Heck you can just tell a cop you are going to a range with your handgun in the vehicle and they will probably let you go.

The law is worded poorly, anyone with a fishing license can carry a gun in their car.

§ 6106. Firearms not to be carried without a license.

(a) Offense defined.--

(1) Except as provided in paragraph (2), any person who carries a firearm in any vehicle or any person who carries a firearm concealed on or about his person, except in his place of abode or fixed place of business, without a valid and lawfully issued license under this chapter commits a felony of the third degree...

(b) Exceptions.--The provisions of subsection (a) shall not apply to:...
...(4) Any persons engaged in target shooting with a firearm, if such persons are at or are going to or from their places of assembly or target practice and if, while going to or from their places of assembly or target practice, the firearm is not loaded.

So yeah, it isn't Texas but it is closer to that than it is to California.
edit on 22-7-2024 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: 777Vader
The timing is way off. Someone posted that he heard the shot and turned to look and that may have saved his life. The bullet was travelling almost 3 times the speed of sound it would have hit him before he heard the report.

Also there was a counter sniper team in the second floor of the building behind the roof Crooks was on. There is video of what their vantage point was and someone who shoots for a living wasn't going to miss the shooter at that distance.

Vantage point from the 2nd floor secret service coverage!

top topics

<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join