It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Forward

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: BeyondKnowledge3

Don't you mean tribble post?

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

That's the trouble with triples....

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Any excuse to play this;

edit on 12/7/24 by Freeborn because: typo

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 04:59 PM
link   
One of my all time favorite scenes from the entire franchise

Picard has been ordered to not even be there by command, he warps in against orders, and just takes command of the entire fleet after the Admiral is out of it. And no other Captain even questions it, respect at the highest level.

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Just a heads up for everyone participating in this thread,

DTOM has been gracious enough to give us a thread title change that I think will be a little more appropriate, and perhaps give it more of a clubhouse feel.

This thread will undergo a name change to "10 Forward" likely within a couple days.

Just wanted to avoid any confusion for those who have been actively posting or subscribed.

I'd also like to thank everyone who has posted and made this a fun thread! Make it so!

edit on 12-7-2024 by AlroyFarms because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: BernnieJGato

That one where planet Vulcan got destroyed was a bit of a continuity problem!

My fave is Voyager.

I liked all the alternative universe episodes, especially the DS9 ones.

Ah, I loved all of them a lot. Probably with you on Voyager. Seven of Nine and Chakotay were some of the all time favorite non original series characters. But Kate Mulgrew as Cpt was real good. The Q episodes were well done.

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

That one where planet Vulcan got destroyed was a bit of a continuity problem!
My fave is Voyager.
I liked all the alternative universe episodes, especially the DS9 ones.

Yeah i liked all of the alternative universe episodes, or timeline line ones. in all the shows.
My favorites are from Enterprise. the ones where they go back to WWII and the alternative universe. S4.E1 E2 ∙ Storm Front, and S4.E18 ∙ In a Mirror, Darkly. there were some others where they fighting the Xandi that were good to.
and Voyagers Year of Hell, S4.E8 and E9.

On that note really loved that one where they go to a planet at war to the point of not having much left to fight for. One side has an American flag and reads the U S Constitution like it is their Bible but the way they say the words throw Spock and Kirk off till the end as they break out the "bible" of that planet and Kirk recites the Preamble.

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 08:29 PM
link   
H&I is channel 13-4 in the Tampa Bay area market on antenna tv. I pretty much rewatched all the series' when I noticed they were coming on every single night. Saw the original runs of TNG, DS9, and Voyager as they were released during my childhood and teenage years. I plan on getting them all on Blu Ray throughout the year. I want to always have them nearby anytime I get into a mood for specific episodes, and it happens often that I may want to watch a very specific episode.

But I like the spontaneous nature of just flipping the TV on and seeing what episode happens to play tonight. It is on TNG right now, that episode is shifting back and forth between his retirement in the future on the vineyard and when he first took command of the Enterprise. Random people only he can see occasionally yelling at him in a judgey manner, so I think its a Q episode.

Good stuff Star Trek is. Helped me develop my appreciation for classical music.

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

That is actually the series finale you're watching

There is a certain magic in watching random episodes out of order on syndication TV.

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

t is on TNG right now, that episode is shifting back and forth between his retirement in the future on the vineyard and when he first took command of the Enterprise. Random people only he can see occasionally yelling at him in a judgey manner, so I think its a Q episode.

yep i'm watching / listening to it myself. this is the one where Q brings him back to court that he held during Farpoint.
it turns out that it's up to picard to make the well i'll just let you watch. bad thing it's a two parter and it won't finish until sunday night.

fun fact Farpoint was a two hour movie premier, in reruns they split it up.

edit on 12-7-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

On that note really loved that one where they go to a planet at war to the point of not having much left to fight for. One side has an American flag and reads the U S Constitution like it is their Bible but the way they say the words throw Spock and Kirk off till the end as they break out the "bible" of that planet and Kirk recites the Preamble.

khoms and yangs. good episode. in the other thread i also mentioned from the TOS

andyoshake brought the first one up

The City on the Edge of Forever S1.E28

A Piece of the Action S2.E17

Patterns of Force, S2.E21

all good episodes
ETA:
and another one i forgot was where Kirk Spock and McCoy go to a planet where the people go into their past to escape a supernova. spock and McCoy wind up in a ice age and they meet a woman that was banished there for something her family did and spock falls in love her. kirk winds up in a past that is like old victoian england, and is accused of being a witch.

All Our Yesterdays S3 E23

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 09:55 PM
link   
TOS The City on the Edge of Forever is the first one I can remember seeing. I was in the hospital having my tonsils out.

Almost through Discovery season 1. It is becoming more convoluted then a soap opera. Who is not human? Who is from the alternate universe? Who in the alternate universe can be trusted? Who is for dinner?

Watching this one out of order would totally confuse anyone.

There is a Star Trek channel on Pluto TV. Pluto TV is a free video channel app.
They do have commercials. The Star Trek channel mostly shows TNG. They also have TOS marathons occasionally.

I do have an excuse for that triple post. I was fighting off an alternate universe tribble at the time. You would not believe the size of the teeth on them compared to their overall size.

edit on 12-7-2024 by BeyondKnowledge3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AlroyFarms

This thread will undergo a name change to "10 Forward" likely within a couple days.

just noticed this post, cool name. glad she let it be changed.

have you noticed that Enterprise-D is the only ship with a dedicated lounge on it. all the rest of the series they got together in the mess hall or quarks.

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 10:02 PM
link   

There is a Star Trek channel on Pluto TV. Pluto TV is a free video channel app. They do have commercials. The Star Trek channel mostly shows TNG.

i stream the all the stargates on pluto on demand. somehow i mange to watch them with all my add blockers on and never see commercials. when i try to watch live tv i can't run them.

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 10:03 PM
link   

The Galaxy class Enterprise was the biggest. It had more room. The Enterprise E was quite a bit smaller.

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Space 1999 is another classic on Pluto TV on demand. I am watching Discovery on my Spectrum app on demand with no commercials. It just flows better in order which I did not get on regular cable in first run DS9, Voyager, and Enterprise.

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato
a reply to: AlroyFarms

just noticed this post, cool name. glad she let it be changed.

have you noticed that Enterprise-D is the only ship with a dedicated lounge on it. all the rest of the series they got together in the mess hall or quarks.

And that is why I chose the name

Just not sure when it'll take effect.

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 10:31 PM
link   

i loved Space 1999 when i was a kid. tried to watch it a while back, and it just wasn't the same. i guess being that it was a new thing back then, and all the others seem to make it pale in comparison.

here is a another fun fact, Martin Landau was Roddenberry's first pick to play Spock, and Leonard Nimoy took his place on Mission Impossible when he left.

i do like me some Martin Landau shows he was a great actor.

ETA:

well i just found a link that says it was the other way around, all these years i thought Landau first, it also said DeForest Kelley was offered the role, but he said he damn it Rod i don't want to play a alien
. gonna have to dig more and see what bears out. being that it's been almost 60 years sometimes history can become fuzzy.

Although an issue of Star Trek: The Magazine said that Gene Roddenberry would've gone to Landau if his first choice, Nimoy, had passed on the role, he had also pitched the role to another -- and familiar -- actor. According to William Shatner's book Star Trek Memories, Roddenberry initially offered DeForest Kelley the role of Spock, but Kelley turned it down because he did not want to play an alien. However, Kelley played the role of Dr. McCoy in The Original Series, who would often be an emotional foil to Spock's overly logical sensibilities.
www.cbr.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Star Trek: Who Gene Roddenberry Would Have Cast as Spock Other Than Leonard Nimoy

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Update on my Tronya recipe.

1 part lemon juice
1 part lime juice
1 part honey
2 parts orange juice
12 parts water

The lower amount of honey does let the citrus flavors come through better without loosing the hint of honey.

That's how I am programing it in my food synthesizer.

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 10:52 PM
link   
just edited my post above. will do some more digging to see who was first.

imdb says what i said,

He was Gene Roddenberry's first choice to play Mr. Spock on Star Trek (1966), but the role went to Leonard Nimoy, who later replaced Landau on Mission: Impossible (1966), the show that really made Landau famous. Landau originally was not meant to be a regular on the series, which co-starred his wife Barbara Bain, whom he had married in 1957.
Martin Landau Biography

the wiki says this,

Spock was in a discussion between Gene Roddenberry and Gary Lockwood, where the latter suggested Leonard Nimoy for the role. Roddenberry agreed with the suggestion, and Nimoy became the first choice actor for the part. However, Roddenberry was required to audition other actors for the role. It was offered to both DeForest Kelley (who would eventually play Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy) and Martin Landau before Nimoy.
Development of Spock

and H&I says this,

Despite having such a deep connection with the character from the inception of Star Trek, Leonard Nimoy wasn’t the initial choice for Spock. Known for his role as the Rollin Hand in the Mission: Impossible TV series, Martin Landau was heavily considered by Gene Roddenberry himself for the role. When he was initially offered the part it is unclear whether he was chosen over Nimoy or was just being heavily considered for the part. We do however know his reasoning behind not wanting to step aboard the Enterprise.
Martin Landau might have been Spock if he hadn't turned it down

and the website space 1999 from starlog which was a magazine back from 1976 to 2009 says this from a interview with him, so i think i'm gonna go with he was first.

He was offered two roles a master of disguise working for an elite intelligence team, and a pointy-eared, emotionless alien science officer on a spaceship. He chose the spy, and joined Mission: Impossible, and turned down the chance to play Star Trek's beloved Mr. Spock, a role which propelled Leonard Nimoy to worldwide fame. "I can't play wooden," Landau says. "It's the antithesis of why I became an actor."
Martin Landau, Space-Age Hero

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join