It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Forward

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: BeyondKnowledge3
Update on my Tronya recipe.

1 part lemon juice
1 part lime juice
1 part honey
2 parts orange juice
12 parts water

The lower amount of honey does let the citrus flavors come through better without loosing the hint of honey.

That's how I am programing it in my food synthesizer.

My tranya didn't come out that great haha. I'll have to tweak it a bit.

Maybe I'll try Klingon gagh.

edit on 19-7-2024 by AlroyFarms because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2024 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greazel
Anyway here is the video number

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 07:42 PM
link   
just got in and finished eating, sitting down in my man cave , turned on tv turned to h & I and TOS is on and it's a piece of the action episode. i like this one.
edit on 22-7-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2024 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

Who you callin' a penny-ante operator?

I just watched "That Which Survives." Gotta say this may be my least favorite TOS. I know season 3 gets a bad rep for worst episodes. I think a lot of them just suffer from anti-climactic endings.

But then again I do like "The Way To Eden"

Spock jammin' with space hippies was fun. Plus Charles Napier. Yehhh brutha!

edit on 23-7-2024 by AlroyFarms because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Gotta get this one off my chest...Enterprise episode "Dear Doctor."

First off, I DO like this episode. Phlox is great and probably only 2nd banana to the EMH Robert Picardo for my favorite Trek Doctors.

This was a deep episode and paves the way for the Prime Directive. But I don't like a lot of it and I'm not sure how to feel about it. It's a challenging episode and difficult to really digest and absorb.

Phlox begins the episode by talking to his menagerie of pets/ animals in sickbay, but then later states how he is confused at how humans so easily and emotionally bond with their pets, talk to them, anthropomorphize them. But he does the same thing, so sloppy writing there. I can ignore it and give Phlox the benefit of the doubt. He may still value and care for his pets while recognizing they're "lower life forms," as he calls them.

But he also states as much in the episode that humans must be more objective in how they view other species and other cultures. So if he's so objective, why does he suddenly feel hesitant to give the cure out to the aliens suffering from the genetic disorder? To be fair, this species was space-faring (though not warp-capable yet,) and asking for help. They should have just given the cure and stated their concerns to both species on that planet. So basically, Phlox went from saying they shouldn't be making judgement calls to...making a judgement call himself.

I realize The Federation didn't exist yet, nor did the Prime Directive. So Archer and Phlox were pressed with making a controversial decision either way--No Win Scenario. Archer had no problems denying them access to warp technology, but I gotta agree with Archer on this one, they had no reason to withhold the cure.

Ideally, they would have been able to send Federation representatives and scientists to work on a solution that worked for everyone, but I realize that wasn't possible.

So that begs an even worse question: why was Enterprise even out there without some sort of code of ethics or rules or guidelines in how they would handle contact with other species. Seems the Vulcans had a set of ethics, which usually meant total non-interference. So why didn't humans in the 90 years that Vulcans were helping develop their space program come up with such a set of ethics or even suggestions.

Am I to believe that Enterprise was just out there winging it?! Surely the idea of interference and contamination would be forefront on somebody's mind.

Again, the crux of administering or withholding the cure was based on changing the trajectory of a natural planetary evolution. I still think Archer and Phlox should have handed it over since they did agree to help them. The planet had already met other warp-capable species and it seems like this would be an area of interest for the Vulcans as well. Why couldn't they just alert the Vulcan High Command that this planet needs logical guidance and logical solutions? Go help them for 90 years, like they did on Earth.

Seems like if they were starting to gear up towards forming a Federation of Planets, this planet would be a prime candidate to invest in.

Instead, Archer and Phlox withhold the cure and basically pat them on the back and wish them good luck. This sucks! It makes Archer and crew seem incompetent, or failures, or at the very least, reneging on an agreement they made. I mean I keep my word and so should a Starship Captain representing first contact for Earth.

One basic principle in writing literature is that you don't write your heroes to be failures, and I think that's what this episode did, made Archer into a failure. He needed to come up with a better solution or something. I don't know! The writers set up a difficult problem but didn't really provide a solution, and that's part of a writer's responsibility.

I like this episode, but damn a lot it doesn't sit well with me. Rant over

edit on 24-7-2024 by AlroyFarms because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I watched the first episode of Enterprise when it first came out. I just didn't like the feel of it and gave up half way through episode 2. I have the option to watch it again on Netflix. Is it worth my time?

Die-hard Voyager and DS9 fan here.

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Morrad

Stick with it. Voyager and DS9 for me too. It gets better. The alternate universe episodes are really 👍 good.

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Morrad
I watched the first episode of Enterprise when it first came out. I just didn't like the feel of it and gave up half way through episode 2. I have the option to watch it again on Netflix. Is it worth my time?

Die-hard Voyager and DS9 fan here.

It's not DS9 by a long shot, which is my favorite series.

But for what it's worth, Enterprise aged a lot better than I remember it. I am watching it for the first time since its original air.

edit on 27-7-2024 by AlroyFarms because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2024 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Thanks guys I will give it another try.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Thanks guys I will give it another try.

Hey Morrad, any luck? I'm into season 2 now and it's going okay. It's not any better than Voyager ever got, but it's certainly not worse.

I do remember season 4 finally getting excellent but too little, too late as they pulled the plug before they got to the Secret Romulan Wars.

Happy Trekking!

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Morrad
Yea it took me three tries over a few years before I really dove into Enterprise. I absolutely loved it and did finish it. Archer operates not too dissimilar to Captain Kirk. And he rarely shies away from a fight. Also, he earns the respect of Klingon High command and I think opens up further contact between the two, although it is rarely very cooperative. I should rewatch it on Heros (13-4 in Tampa market), I think it is on last at midnight.

TNG my all time favorite, and now followed by Picard. DS9 and Voyager are on equal footing for me, but they were the most action packed of the franchise in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I will be trying Discovery for the first time at the end of the month as Complete Series Blu-Ray comes out. Wish me luck heh heh!

Picard was not as bad as reviews made it seem.

edit on 9-8-2024 by AlroyFarms because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: AlroyFarms

No I loved Picard primarily because it had great collection of characters from the franchise episodes that all take place in the same time (TNG, DS9, and Voyager). So it is like a last hoorah for me as a way of reconnecting with my favorite sci-fi cast members of my favorite sci-fi of all time. It is like a final hoorah for them too, which just makes it that much warmer for me.

I wanted to be interested in Discovery, and I do actually respect SMG in her lead role. I just, sorry it got too homo for me. Just too much I could not stomach it any more. I never even finished the first season, I almost did but failed. Have not invested in the rest of the seasons. great subject matter, but they start putting homosexuals groping and making out with each other and I am done. I cannot watch that with my kids and there is sufficient existing shows to enjoy .

I was into the whole Klingon reformation alternate universe thing. But doctor grab ass and his partner were just too in my face with unnatural life choices.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Well sheet! I'll try to brave the woke gayness, but I too, can only stomach so much. We'll see how my tolerance holds out.

And I agree, Picard was a nice send-off for the classics.

edit on 9-8-2024 by AlroyFarms because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 04:37 AM
link   

I have not started watching yet as its in my video queue. I have just finished watching Mike Flanagan's 3 series on Netflix. I will be starting Enterprise on Monday. I'll report back.

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Thanks for the info on Enterprise.

I enjoyed Picard. I did the same thing as I did with Enterprise. I watched one episode and it didn't appeal to me at the time (which I realise now was illness related). I tried it again 6 months later and I'm glad I did.

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 04:53 AM
link   

I watched the first series of Discovery on Sky a few years ago. We had cancelled our renewal due to silly price they were charging. I will watch again when it comes to Netflix again.

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I watched this YT video last night by AI Creations. It is a reimagined TNG. From the channel:

STAR TREK: The Modern Generation (2025) featuring James McAvoy and Chris Evans. This project envisions what a contemporary version of the classic 80s/90s series Star Trek: The Next Generation might look like with a new cast.

Which actors do you think are appropriate for the roles and the ones that are not?

I'm a fan of Jamie Foxx but I cannot see him playing Worf in a blockbuster as he's only 5' 9". Charlize Theron playing Tasha Yar, now that might work.

I forgot to mention there is no Dr Beverley Crusher.

edit on 10/8/24 by Morrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Just be ready for Black and White Klingons now. I don't know what direction they went with it though, as the last thing I can remember is some kind of weird quantum sized bug that can help their warp engines or something. Tardytes or something?? I don't remember what they were called. Enterprise beats Discovery for me though hands down.

I forgot to mention there is no Dr Beverley Crusher.

They can burn in Hell!!

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

I can remember is some kind of weird quantum sized bug that can help their warp engines or something. Tardytes or something??

Midichlorians oh no!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join