It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Forward

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Heyo it's your friendly neighborhood ATS member.

So me and a few other members inadvertently necromanced an old thread and just ended up chit-chatting about all things Star Trek: new, old, good, bad, classics, and yet to come are all on the table.

Perhaps instead of hiding out in a thread that deserves a proper rest, I can entice any Trekkies/ Trekkers to consolidate all things Trek into one thread here.

This is just intended as a friendly discussion/ chat of whatever may be on your Vulcan minds! If you'd like to start your own topics and threads, by all means. This is more of a getaway lounge for the fans without the need of multiple threads.

Here is the old thread about Gene Roddenberry if you're interested. It's a fascinating read to say the least: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Otherwise, please feel welcome to join us!

edit on 11-7-2024 by AlroyFarms because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Jul 13 2024 by DontTreadOnMe because: was: Star Trek Fans unite here ---change per OP request

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Here I'll start the first round. What's your favorite opening theme or song?

I really can't abide Enterprise's "Faith of the Heart." I think they should have kept it orchestral, classic, and timeless like every other incarnation has done.

My personal favorite is from The Motion Picture. It's a more mellow and subdued version of Next Gen's theme. Coming in 2nd place would have to be Voyager for me.

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: AlroyFarms

Darmok on the ocean, Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra, Darmok and Jalad on the ocean!
I still don't get that crap. Kirk never would put up with those shenanigans.
edit on b05ThursdayThursdayxam07 by billxam1 because: added incredible point.

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: billxam1

Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra! One night only! Tickets sold out!

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: billxam1

I still don't get that crap..

billxam1, his eyes closed

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 06:51 AM
link   

I really can't abide Enterprise's "Faith of the Heart." I think they should have kept it orchestral, classic, and timeless like every other incarnation has done.

at first i didn't care for it. thought it was really lame for a show about space exploration, but as time went on it wasn't all that bad, especially when they changed it for a few shows during the last season when they did the play on TOS going to a alternative universe. that one sucked to me.

and if i recall the name of the tune is for Enterprise was Where My Heart Will Take Me, and they did a couple of recomposed versions of it and one was a instrumental.

also a fun fact the original Faith of the Heart was written for the sound track for the movie Patch Adams and preformed by Rod Stewart, and charted very high on the U.S. charts.

here the Enterprise theme from season 4 i was talking about

edit on 11-7-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I didn't like Discovery. 10 years before TOS, yet the Discovery was more advanced than the Enterprise or am I missing something?

Anyway, Cockney Star Trek, enjoy:

m.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

I didn't like Discovery. 10 years before TOS, yet the Discovery was more advanced than the Enterprise or am I missing something?

yeah that's one of the things that got me about the new star trek movies, ones with Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto.

their sets were more advanced than any of the TV shows or movies, they should have been made like a progression into new technology.

from TOS to TNG you can see the difference as the ships advanced in technology. same with Voyager it at least to me was more advanced than Enterprise, DS9 was at the same time as TOS so it was the same except for the bajorans which supposedly used solar sails to explore their part of the universe, and their newer ships were antiquated compared to Star Fleet and everyone else's.

i mean any body over the age of 20 that watched any of the Star Treks series before the last movies or shows should be able to see the difference and realize there's no continuity in them.

i guess that's because the worlds tech has progressed and the producers, directors, and writers are just keeping up with the times. but to me if that's the case, they should have made their own new shows and not use the name of the old.

edit on 11-7-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

That one where planet Vulcan got destroyed was a bit of a continuity problem!

My fave is Voyager.

I liked all the alternative universe episodes, especially the DS9 ones.

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

I love the charm of the 60's low budget sets and designs. But did we really want to see jelly bean buttons and computers the size of a Volkswagon in 2009?

I think trying to make it look and feel like the 60's would've been awkward to pull off. But I agree everything looks like a video game now, and it loses part of its personality that way. I miss when filmmakers built model ships to film instead of all the CGI.

Heck even some of the old matte paintings were so cool I'd hang them on my wall.

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Anyway, Cockney Star Trek, enjoy:

m.youtube.com...

I'm glad I started this thread. Loved the parody!

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Hello my name is Morrad and I'm a Trekky addict *--round of applause --*

Ooooh a safe environment to finally admit to people I have all the DVDs of Next Generation, Deep Space 9, Voyager and all the movies.

Voyager is my favourite series.
Quark is my favourite character (DS9)
First Contact is my favourite movie

Opening scene ... I will have to think about that.

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Morrad
Hello my name is Morrad and I'm a Trekky addict *--round of applause --*

Ooooh a safe environment to finally admit to people I have all the DVDs of Next Generation, Deep Space 9, Voyager and all the movies.

Voyager is my favourite series.
Quark is my favourite character (DS9)
First Contact is my favourite movie

Opening scene ... I will have to think about that.

I am a DVD fiend as well. I LOVE physical media and as long as the DVDs/ Blu-rays exist I will proudly display them on my shelves. I even have a small collection of VHS tapes.

I think DS9 is my fave series, but it's a very close horserace.
single favorite character is way too difficult to choose, but I tend to identify with Odo.
Sadly my favorite movie is IV, yes, the one where they go to save the whales

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 08:49 AM
link   

That one where planet Vulcan got destroyed was a bit of a continuity problem!
My fave is Voyager.
I liked all the alternative universe episodes, especially the DS9 ones.

Yeah i liked all of the alternative universe episodes, or timeline line ones. in all the shows.
My favorites are from Enterprise. the ones where they go back to WWII and the alternative universe. S4.E1 E2 ∙ Storm Front, and S4.E18 ∙ In a Mirror, Darkly. there were some others where they fighting the Xandi that were good to.
and Voyagers Year of Hell, S4.E8 and E9.

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Thanks for starting it!

Glad I 'ad a butchers at it, me old china....

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Sadly my favorite movie is IV, yes, the one where they go to save the whales

my favorite scenes from that one are colorful metaphors,

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 09:05 AM
link   

"live long and prosper"

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 09:06 AM
link   

My favourite character, apart from the original Kirk, is the alien who was always in Quarks bar who always looked bemused but I don't think he ever spoke

Not sure if he had a name?

Favourite opening is Enterprise, In a Mirror, Darkly.

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Morn.

edit on 11-7-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

That's the fella.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join