It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

June 27 Presidential Debate livestream

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

Oh the memes and jokes that will be coming now

This is comedy gold. This YT channel has a lot of good stuff about the jackass.
Thanks for posting!

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

“Sleazy”
Who could forget Whitmer’s Black whatever you call it outfit at the WeF…. Was she trying to get a husband there?

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 09:08 AM
link   
It looks like the race is over for the democrats. My question now is, what will they do to hurt Trump's Presidency this time? How far are they willing to go? Will it kill more people than their manufactured covid crisis did?

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I honestly don't think the Dems want the presidency this time around; the country is in far too great a shambles to straighten this mess out in four short years.

We're already in self destruct mode and letting Trump win will give them all the ammo they need to have a sweeping victory in 2030 and continue their agenda.

I thought Trump did a good job UNTIL he refused to answer questions. That made him look petty and deceptive, IMHO. All in all it was obvious this debate was a setup to make sure Biden is out of the running. The media focused on his mental ineptitude after years of denying and covering for it.

Conclusion: Trump-and the American people are being set up to fail again. IF Trump is our next POTUS it will be interesting to see if all the republicans turn on him and fight him tooth and nail, like they did last time.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Yes, both candidates said very little about the "how?" question going forward. Trump said (effectively) he was going to do the same thing (policy wise) he did in his previous term. Biden didn't have that luxury, so Biden just threw rocks, and trotted out a $10k 1st time homebuyer freebie (which amounts to less than zero in the current inflationary market).

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: EyeoftheHurricane

What are you talking about? Everybody knew he’s on drugs and could see easily as they wore off

Just tell us what the drug is, since ""everybody"" knows, as you claim?

That's what I'm talking about.

Biden tanked big time.

And if he was full of drugs.

I'm apt to go with that being a couple of blue Valium.

Given that piss-poor performance.

What does it take for a bloke to see it?

See what exactly, daft unsubstantiated claims, that never came to pass?

I do not have a clue what you are going on about as to an earpiece.

And if you are going to reference Gateway Pundit stories a link might be nice.
edit on 28-6-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Dems let the radicals take charge of things… the entire Obiden admin is radical. Even the former prez is in there trying to make him look more viable while running the kangaroo court sham from the shadows.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Yeah, if it wasn't for Newsom, I'd say she's about as sleazy and nasty as they come. But unfortunately, Newsom is a clone of Whitmer with different anatomy (maybe).

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
I honestly don't think the Dems want the presidency this time around; the country is in far too great a shambles to straighten this mess out in four short years.

Good point!

Trump needs to say something along these lines publicly to level set. Start blaming it on the biden admin BEFORE he even gets into office, saying he will do the best he can with the disaster he has been given.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

C'mon man! Everyone knows Hunter is a walking pharmacy. I'm sure he gave his dad a few hits of something good before the debate.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33

Headlines of last three hours?

Vox - biden-trump-debate-democrats-replace-nominee-whitmer-moore-newsom

NBC - can-democrats-replace-joe-biden-ballot

WSJ - Democrats-replace-biden-president-explained

Forbes - hese-are-the-likely-democratic-presidential-candidates-if-biden-drops-out-as-rough-debate-prompts-calls-to-stand-down

Slate - presidential-debate-cnn-biden-drop-out-replace-nominee

AP - biden-replacement-democratic-ballot-dnc-rules-

Politico - can-democrats-replace-biden

Sacramento Bee - Time to replace Biden with Newsom

Thanks for the links... it's going to be an interesting 4 months, but ... what are your thoughts?

How could they find somebody willing to step in, when their campaign will be at such a disadvantage? My understanding is because of Ohio, they will essentially be voting before the convention, so unless Biden wants to step down it will be difficult to force him out at this stage.

I wasn't aware that 1952 was a contested or brokered convention for the Democrats. Here's Claude AI's input on the subject of potentially replacing an incumbent President

The last time there was a brokered convention in U.S. presidential elections was in 1952 for the Democratic Party.
A brokered convention, also sometimes called a contested convention, occurs when no single candidate has secured a majority of delegates prior to the first ballot at a party's nominating convention. This leads to multiple rounds of voting and often involves negotiations among party leaders and delegates to determine the nominee.
Key points about the 1952 Democratic convention:

It took place in Chicago, Illinois.
The main contenders were Adlai Stevenson, Estes Kefauver, and Richard Russell.
It took three ballots to nominate Adlai Stevenson, who was not an announced candidate going into the convention but was drafted by the party.
Stevenson won on the third ballot with 617.5 votes, just over the required 615.5 needed for nomination.

It's important to note that while there have been close calls since then, no major party convention has gone beyond the first ballot in selecting its presidential nominee since 1952. Modern primary systems and changes in party rules have made brokered conventions much less likely, though the possibility still exists in theory

Yes, an incumbent president has lost his party's brokered convention. This rare event has happened once in U.S. history:
In 1856, President Franklin Pierce lost the Democratic Party's nomination at a brokered convention.
Key details:

Pierce was elected president in 1852 and sought renomination in 1856.
The Democratic National Convention was held in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Pierce faced strong opposition within his party, largely due to his handling of the Kansas-Nebraska Act and the growing sectional divide over slavery.
The convention went through 17 ballots.
On the 17th ballot, James Buchanan emerged as the nominee, defeating both Pierce and Senator Stephen Douglas.
This made Pierce the only elected president to be denied renomination by his own party.

It's worth noting that while this is the only case of an incumbent president losing a truly brokered convention, there have been other instances where incumbents failed to secure their party's nomination through other means:

In 1884, Chester A. Arthur sought renomination but lost on the fourth ballot at the Republican convention.
In 1952, Harry Truman briefly sought renomination but withdrew after losing the New Hampshire primary.

These cases, however, don't fit the strict definition of a brokered convention as we understand it today.
Would you like more information about any aspect of this historical event or related topics?

edit on p000000306am066 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I get whee you're coming from on this, but it doesn't really matter. Whether Biden was administered PED's or not, he still crashed and burned. So, they didn't work if he was given anything. If he was, then this is even scarier still because that means his performance would have been even worse than it already was.

This same rejoinder applies to those alleging he did take some sort of a PED.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

What are you talking about? Everybody knew he’s on drugs and could see easily as they wore off

Just tell us what the drug is, since ""everybody"" knows, as you claim?

That's what I'm talking about.

Biden tanked big time.

And if he was full of drugs.

I'm apt to go with that being a couple of blue Valium.

Given that piss-poor performance.

See what exactly, daft unsubstantiated claims, that never came to pass?

I do not have a clue what you are going on about as to an earpiece.

And if you are going to reference Gateway Pundit stories a link might be nice.

Here’s the Gateway Pundit article www.thegatewaypundit.com...

Valium is more of a calming sleep agent ….i wouldn’t know what drugs are being used.
Here’s the “drug cocktail” one www.thegatewaypundit.com...
But pretty much everyone knows they souped him up and it started wearing off at the end.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 09:21 AM
link   
What part of the debate last night was a "cheap fake"?

Asking for a panicked leftie.

lol

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Biden just threw rocks, and trotted out a $10k 1st time homebuyer freebie (which amounts to less than zero in the current inflationary market).

Yeah-and that $1000.00 a month mortgage in 2020 will now cost them over $3000.00 a month. They can get into a new home and ride out the repo process for a year+ without having to make any monthly payments.

Putting people into houses they can't afford will just facilitate the next housing bubble crash. That's not a very nice thing to do to people.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 09:48 AM
link   
It's was clear Biden is not mentally fit to be president, who is running the country right now? Are they just going to let him coast until the next president is sworn in. I think it's very dangerous to leave it as it is. It's not very transparent who's making the calls right now.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 09:50 AM
link   
the 90 minute 'debate' caused me to refocus on RFK Jr as a viable leader

see; www.bing.com... ggCEAAYQDIGCAMQABhAMgYIBBAAGEAyBggFEAAYQDIGCAYQABhAMgYIBxAAGEAyBggIEAAYQNIBCTE5NDIxajBqMagCALACAQ&FORM=ANSPA1&PC=EDGEDB
edit on 28-6-2024 by StudioNada because: (no reason given)

link   
the 90 minute 'debate' caused me to refocus
edit on 28-6-2024 by StudioNada because: (no reason given)

link   
the 90 minute 'debate' caused me to refocus on RFK Jr as a viable leader

see; www.bing.com... ggCEAAYQDIGCAMQABhAMgYIBBAAGEAyBggFEAAYQDIGCAYQABhAMgYIBxAAGEAyBggIEAAYQNIBCTE5NDIxajBqMagCALACAQ&FORM=ANSPA1&PC=EDGEDB

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: EyeoftheHurricane

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: UKTruth

I wish you could simply tell us all what drug that is mate.

Because they dont exist and senility cannot be cured via any drug I've ever heard of.

And i suggest punting the rhetoric that Biden was full of drugs to be a coping mechanism.

If he had done well that is exactly what we would be hearing screamed from the rooftops.

It was not Biden but the drugs he was on.

Anyhoo as I've already suggested Biden did terribly no two ways about it.

Coming back from that debacle is going to be rather a task, if at all possible.

Still a lot that can happen in the time left to come all the same given the caliber of both candidates.

What are you talking about? Everybody knew he’s on drugs and could see easily as they wore off, even the earpiece lol Gateway Pundit did a story on him reaching for the earpiece to adjust it midstream…

Just take the win instead of getting caught up in hypotheticals.

It’s the problem with modern discourse, people are so comfortable using hyperbole and assumptions as facts.

You said it’s so obvious he was on them and could tell as they were wearing off, his biggest stammer where he completely shut down was in the first ten minutes.

There’s plenty to talk about that isn’t reliant on theory. Run with that.

People complain so much that the left is constantly using excuses and making stuff up, yet I see no difference from the other side even when they have a leg up. How can you convince people there’s an adult in the room while using the same exact tactics?

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join