It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

June 27 Presidential Debate livestream

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
It's pretty hard to believe anyone would think Biden won the debate. I did not watch much of it, but from what is being said, Biden's cognitive decline is definitely showing in this debate. The cognitive enhancing meds do not seem to help much anymore other than keeping his eyes wide open.

Some important points are Biden didn't say a damn thing about what he would do, he spent most of the time attacking Trump personally and saying everything was already great due to his leadership. It's like the two of us are out in zero-degree weather and I'm telling you it isn't cold, and you say what is this then?

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

In terms of how the questions were answered, and policies spelled out I think both were evasive and tried to instead highlight their “successes”.

For me the economy is the most important issue. And both tried to cherry pick stats to show how they were positive, and blame the downfall on the other.

The debate was so decisive because Biden is just done. He has no business being the supervisor of an ACE hardware store much less run the country.

While Trump certainly looks more viable, and he is likely to get more independent and swing voters after the debate, I don’t have more confidence in him over his first term just because he beat a senile man in an argument.
edit on 28-6-2024 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

OH...MY...GAWD...Is THAT funny!! I about choked to death watching that. I don't even care whose side you're on that's funny!!

..."replace their word out old scrotum" ...was just too much for me to handle!

Too funny!!!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Even the analysis people after the debate were legit talking about him stepping out at the convention and Newsom or Whitmer or Hillary taking over. That was on ABC! The commentators genuinely seemed shocked at how poorly he did.
edit on 28-6-2024 by Shoshanna because: tic tac toe / A WINNER!

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 07:45 AM
link   
If Biden stays, people are basically voting for his VP, he won't make it another 4 years, that much is clear.

Imagine other world leaders watching this, I bet some are in contact with Americans saying Ok who is really running the show over there right now.

Also should a senile old man that far gone, be in charge of deciding to launch the nukes or not?

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shoshanna

Even the analysis people after the debate were legit talking about him stepping out at the convention and Newsom or Whitmer or Hillary taking over. That was on ABC! The commentators genuinely seemed shocked at how poorly he did.

Newsome has destroyed California, he’ll do the same to the country.
Whitmer’s track record here in Michigan is garbage, she barely keeps her head above water.
Hillary is trash, plain and simple…she’ll be a 3 time loser.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: cherokeetroy

I was thinking the same.

Why have these networks dismissed all of joes behavior until now they all in unison admit the obvious?

Our president is a meat puppet and the media didn't just figure it out last night.

What's the real plan?

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Shoshanna

I’m not by any means rooting for the left, so I don’t really care what they do.

But I’d be hard pressed they could beat Trump with a known quantity this late in the game.

I think the tactical play for them would be find a relatively unknown moderate who is energetic. People don’t mind taking a gamble. A lot harder to sell them on someone who already has baggage.

That said, I doubt they do anything intelligent here.
edit on 28-6-2024 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 08:00 AM
link   

They can't beat Trump. I dont think they're willing to think outside the box at all. This Biden performance was really embarrassing for the democrat party as a whole.

Ya if they had a more moderate younger likeable person it could be a race but they're probably gonna stick with the same old BS people.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 08:02 AM
link   

I don't think they can do it. They've got 130 days to roll out a new candidate and convince people they're the best choice. I see them taking a lose this time and drop back on the usual tactic of blocking everything Trump does, while training their latest rising star for the next go round.

Conservatives need to do the same, because Trump will be too old by then.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 08:04 AM
link   
BBC are reporting Dems in panic over "Stumbling Performance". "Disastrous, rambling and incoherent ":

BBC News - Joe Biden v Donald Trump presidential debate analysis, clips, and fact check - BBC News
www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 28-6-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Oh, I don't know...... think we are running a pretty close race to the US over here!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Different Country, same old bollox....

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: KrustyKrab

I'm almost certain the democratic pick would be Newsom. I personally think this is suicide, but that's who I'm pretty confident they would pick.

If nothing else, the Pelosi-borg would see to it.

Rumor has it that Kamala will be running for California Governor.
Seriously.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

The thing is we dont get to blame the likes of senility or extended age on the candidates put forward for the position of leader(at least this time around).

Not that they are not ""special"" for a variety of other reasons of their own accord.

edit on 28-6-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: CarlLaFong

Right, but remember the delegates (95%) are pledged (not sworn) to Biden / Harris, not Newsom or anyone else. So the only best-bet way to retain the delegates is to pick Harris. Otherwise the delegates have to all agree to support whomever Biden would point to, and that's a risky gamble. Remember, none of those other candidates, even collectively, got 5% of the delegates, so there's no strong tide for any of them for Biden to point to.

The Biden camp really "stepped in it" on this debacle. By this all going down so late has left the democrats little time to do anything other than name the candidate and pray for public support. There's no time for a lengthy voting process. And this was Biden's doing. If he even remotely thought he'd get annihilated like he did, then he should have stepped down long ago. It's not just about the debate; all the debate did was illustrate and amplify the issue. The bigger issue is the underlying age and performance issue.

This is a great lesson for anyone contemplating a 'Hidin' Biden' presidential strategy, which is exactly the way Biden played the 2020 elections. And it's the way he's played his whole presidency...hiding, and not being out in the public. When this happens, people's perceptions are based solely on rumor and propaganda...and when that all blows up in everyone's face, you have exactly the situation the dems are faced with now. It's almost a no-win situation, almost.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: CarlLaFong

Additionally, the Newsom problem highlights the larger issue I was referring to above. Newsom has a giant ego (bigger than Kalifornia itself). So too does Whitmer have a giant ego. Neither one of them are likely to just fold and pledge allegiance to the other; they're going to want the big chair in the Oval Office or nothing. Michiganders are unlikely to support Kalifornia if they've got a person (Whitmer) for the job, and vice versa (doubly so for Kalifornia). Now, would they fall in line for a presidential election? Maybe, begrudgingly, but the risk there is losing swing voters by the tens if not hundreds of thousands. Anyone on the fence will bolt if they see one or two ego-giants duking it out.

It's hard to pick a "who's worse?" between Whitmer and Newsom. They're both as absolutely sleazy as they come; way more sleazy than Biden even (and that's hard to do). And, they're both beyond dangerous for this country. Newsom can't figure out his left hand from his right, and Whitmer couldn't find that giant ass of hers with both hands. Neither one of them is qualified for the top dog slot. Not even close!

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

a reply to: Shoshanna

Yea, I don’t think their chances would be good by any stretch, I just see it as their only chance.

They made their bed when they decided to roll with Biden. He’s struggled in his first term to speak with any semblance of command, has had bad polls, and just lacks charisma.

They waited till the 11th hour, so any decision now is just a Hail Mary.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 08:46 AM
link   
One question:

Where are all of our lefties that were laying bets that Trump would find an excuse to back out of the debate, or that Biden would wipe the floor with him?

There WERE some making those predictions - where oh where are they now?

LOL

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: UKTruth

I wish you could simply tell us all what drug that is mate.

Because they dont exist and senility cannot be cured via any drug I've ever heard of.

And i suggest punting the rhetoric that Biden was full of drugs to be a coping mechanism.

If he had done well that is exactly what we would be hearing screamed from the rooftops.

It was not Biden but the drugs he was on.

Anyhoo as I've already suggested Biden did terribly no two ways about it.

Coming back from that debacle is going to be rather a task, if at all possible.

Still a lot that can happen in the time left to come all the same given the caliber of both candidates.

What are you talking about? Everybody knew he’s on drugs and could see easily as they wore off, even the earpiece lol Gateway Pundit did a story on him reaching for the earpiece to adjust it midstream…
What does it take for a bloke to see it?

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join