It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

June 27 Presidential Debate livestream

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

Hmmmmm...I'm not so sure, but it's probably worth looking into.

My first reaction is this would be adding insult to injury. But, I suppose anything is possible at this point.

I would hope that the apathy of the democratic voter has been shaken off by tonight (even if just a little), and that they are beginning to see how they've been played. No unknown can walk in and take Biden's place (and Billary is certainly not unknown), but she doesn't resonate with anyone (dems or repubs).

Dems are definitely in a bigtime jam right now, and just about anything they do is going to look like a kneejerk, last minute, act of desperation. No way to gin up voter confidence in that environment. If everything was good (i.e. economy, inflation, taxes, foreign relations, etc.), then they might have a prayer of making a "this is just temporary" argument, but that won't work in today's times. People want results...RIGHT NOW!

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare
a reply to: putnam6

Hillary would be greeted with open arms after Joe's performance tonight. I can see them watching her last debate with 2016 candidate Trump, and wanting to re-create that for debate #2 this year, with Hillary replacing Biden.

This is why it won't be easy, with Bernie 2020, Biden was the obvious choice for the DNC, now that's not the case. Unless they have strong leadership (they don't) coming to a consensus could be a real issue.

The progressive wing had taken some hits so thier influence could be waning, still they would likely support Gavin but it brings up another point who wants to deal with this hail-mary attempt and be at such a disadvantage?

www.nbcnews.com...

If Biden were to drop out between now and when he's scheduled to be formally nominated in August, it would create a free-for-all among Democrats since there is no mechanism for him or anyone else to anoint a chosen successor.

It takes a majority of the roughly 4,000 pledged delegates to win the party’s nomination. Biden’s won 3,900 of them. Under recent reforms, the party’s more than 700 superdelegates — Democratic lawmakers and dignitaries — are allowed to vote only if no one wins a majority of pledged delegates on the first ballot, so their votes could be crucial in a contested convention.

Since Biden's opponents all won effectively no delegates throughout the Democratic nominating process, there'd be a virtual clean slate heading into the convention, and the decision would likely come down to the convention delegates who were initially pledged to Biden.

Biden would have some influence over his pledged delegates, but ultimately, they can vote as they please so candidates would likely campaign aggressively to win over each individual delegate.

However, there's a potentially important wrinkle: Democrats plan to formally nominate Biden virtually ahead of the late-August convention to sidestep any potential concerns about ballot access in Ohio, where a technical quirk has complicated things

Democrats decided to plan a virtual nomination for Biden after Ohio Republicans balked at passing pro-forma legislation that would allow Biden to be on the ballot, even though the convention falls after a state deadline. But while Republicans passed a law to shift the deadline, Democrats decided to move forward with a virtual nomination nonetheless.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
Fox News just had RFK jr on…..
He sounded almost worse than Biden did, not sure what was going on there.

Well what do you expect, a worm ate part of his brain off.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5thHead

Well what do you expect, a worm ate part of his brain off.

...and the scotch probably got the rest.

It's late on the east coast. He should have just declined the call. Probably half, if not fully, in the bag.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I am surprised Biden has made it this far. He did not lie as much as in the 2020 debate, but did mumble and go of topic more. The policy about taxing the +$400K/year more does have some public appeal, as for what the exact details are is blurry. The immigration and Ukraine issues are a disaster.

Talked with one lefty friend that could only watch some bits and pieces of it, it was bad. They where glad to hear that a lot of talk is going on to replace Biden.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 12:03 AM
link   

You know he has that affliction with his vocals cords, it sounds harsh as hell and is difficult AF to listen to.

Still politics aside he is pretty damn intelligent #1

#2 he was an addict supposed clean and sober for awhile

#3 Biden just lost votes tonight, I think Trump won the election tonight. But the same mechanization that hounded him his whole first term remains. Hell, they may be more enflamed than last time.

The only candidate that may sidestep the likely chaos of Trump, and the ineptitude of Biden is RFKjr.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

The 2024 $h*t Show brought to you by Depends. Just kidding. Sponsored by Pfizer.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Democrats did this to themselves.

They’ve been keeping this child sniffer propped up as much as possible. They earn this.

No backing out now.

It’s not the time to squirm/sissy out.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Lumenari

Okay...so just spitballing here...

So the Dems can just trot Newsom out there as the new democratic candidate without doing anything else?

I am inclined to very much believe what you say, but I'm just asking. I mean, could they really just go...

"Welp, folks, due to unforeseen circumstances Joe Biden is out as candidate for president and his replacement is going to be California's Gavin Newsom!"

...and there's no legal recourse to do anything about that?

Just trying to understand because honestly, something like this has never happened before (to the best of my knowledge). So, I've never even thought to research such an option, legally.

Yes.

Neither the Republican party nor the Democratic party actually have to follow the wishes of their voters.

The only obligation that they have to do so is remain relevant to the voter base so that they can continue to be relevant as a party.

There is no law that they have to do so.
edit on 100000006America/Chicago6amFri, 28 Jun 2024 00:09:00 -050009 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 12:07 AM
link   
You know, in any debate, like boxing, unless you knock the opponent out, the winner is usually the guy who delivers the most body punches. The head punches are more glamorous, but don't always win the fight (unless a knockout).

Tonight's "fight" (debate) went the distance. There was no single knockout blow, so let's look at the 'body punches' (metaphorically speaking)

The word "terrible" is a body punch. Terrible president, terrible-terrible person, terrible policies, terrible everything. Trump hit Biden with the "Terrible" punch about 250 times tonight. Has anyone run a word-count analysis on the debate yet?? How many times did Trump say it? A lot! Biden's only defense was... "How DARE you"...and..."He's LYING"...at about a 1:20 ratio. Trump had Biden on the ropes from the opening bell, and never let up on him.

That's what happened tonight, folks. Biden should have never been in that ring, and he was completely outmatched by Trump. Trump had him in weight, and he had reach on him. Joe Biden was just an old man getting beaten up, as sad as that is, but really that's what we all saw tonight. We saw an elderly man get beaten senseless.

I'm sure Biden's handlers told him to come out and "attack" Trump, and he did on a couple occasions, but his swings missed, and Trump put him right back on the ropes with endless "TERRIBLE" body blows, just over and over.

Sadly, the facts are, Joe Biden is in fact a 'terrible' president, probably one of the worst in history. The reality is, he's not a president at all; he's not even presidential material, and he never was. Biden is just a career politician who lived up to the "Peter Principle"...every man will rise to the level of their own incompetence. And that is Joe Biden.

Biden had no business being in the ring with Trump tonight, or anyone else for that matter. Biden had no business even being in the building. And Joe Biden has exactly zero business being President of the United States of America! Period.

The only thing missing from tonight's debate was some pretty girls parading around the stage holding big cards over their heads saying what 'Round' it was...as Biden's corner men desperately tried to get their semi-conscious fighter back into the fight.
edit on 6/28/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 12:08 AM
link   
babylonbee.com...

Trump Indicted For Murdering Elderly Man On CNN
POLITICS
·
Jun 27, 2024 · BabylonBee.com
Click here to view this article with reduced ads.
Article Image
LAS VEGAS — Tonight's presidential debate ended abruptly when Donald Trump was served with papers notifying him that he had been indicted for the murder of an elderly man on CNN.

"Hey, I didn't do anything!" Trump told authorities. "He was like that when I got here!"

Trump, who had planned to debate President Joe Biden, argued that the strange old man keeled over all on his own.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 12:10 AM
link   

He's always sounded like he has a mouth full of gravel to me. Anthony Fauci sounded the same way until he had a voicebox operation.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Biden should be in a facility/hospital getting help, not in the oval office running America.

How can the old school blue dog democrats vote for this?

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 12:18 AM
link   
The Washington Post has a lot ridin on Biden.

Wapo is angry because Tapper and Bash didn't "fact check" as the debate proceeded.

www.washingtonpost.com...

I guess Wapo wanted more fact-checking in order to reduce the number of minutes Joe could speak. 🤪

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
Biden should be in a facility/hospital getting help, not in the oval office running America.

How can the old school blue dog democrats vote for this?

People think President Trump is over-hyping when he says Joe Biden is taking us closer to World War III.

HE
IS
NOT
EXAGGERATING.

In fact, two days ago, Joe Biden authorized U.S. militia groups to go kill Russians, alongside Ukraine troops.

edit on 2862024 by WeMustCare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 12:30 AM
link   
The Daily Show skewered Biden about his main goal going into the debate was staying upright and quipped about Biden's blank stare and mouth agape as nothing but" resting 25th Amendment face"

thats hilarious

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Once again, in case anyone missed it back about 15 pages ago...

Biden called Putin a straight-up "WAR CRIMINAL"!! Seriously! A "WAR CRIMINAL"!

Those were his exact words.

(now I might agree Putin is a war criminal, but the POTUS doesn't go on national television saying this, not unless he wants to start WW3)

I don't recall any US president ever calling the leader of Russia a "War Criminal". Do you?

Biden has lost is F'ing mind!

Biden isn't going to willingly start WW3; he's incapable of 'starting' anything! No, what Biden is going to do is "stumble" into WW3 and bring the rest of America with his addled broken down ass.
edit on 6/28/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

If they do plan on replacing Biden, I'm sure they would want the vote done virtually instead of lovely Chicago.

Can you imagine something like that happening during riots?

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

I read all those articles. Great links, much appreciated.

Interesting and crazy reading to be sure.

What an 'adventure' this is all turning out to be!!

edit on 6/28/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: to put 'adventure' in quotes. LOL!

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join