It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin issues fresh demands to Ukraine to end war

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2024 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: charlest2

I do.

Why would you?

posted on Jun, 14 2024 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Ha ha, the dictator dictates.

posted on Jun, 14 2024 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: kwaka
Have to start somewhere in these negotiations. The territories sound reasonable. Don't see the no NATO lasting long with Ukraine on its boarders.

What does Biden want? All of Ukraine, the keys to Moscow?

I guess they want to carve up the Russian infrastructure and resources again, like in the 1990s

posted on Jun, 14 2024 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: 777Vader

originally posted by: kwaka
Have to start somewhere in these negotiations. The territories sound reasonable. Don't see the no NATO lasting long with Ukraine on its boarders.

What does Biden want? All of Ukraine, the keys to Moscow?

I guess they want to carve up the Russian infrastructure and resources again, like in the 1990s

The things that make up war...money, resources and a bad ego problem.

posted on Jun, 14 2024 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

That shows how little you understand the war of attrition is about money not people. Russia is already to the point their economy is done. Latest bank runs as people try to drop the ruble.

Be very careful when you believe the mainstream media propaganda about the Russian economy being decimated by these sanctions.
Russia has worked around each and every one of them, including these recent sanctions.
They’ve been opening new markets for their oil in China and India.
They are eating it up in record numbers.
Now they’re tying the ruble to the yuan instead of the dollar and euro.
Another workaround.
The Russian economy is projected to grow 3.2% this year.
No big economy is close to that.
Russia isn’t out of the woods nor is it sitting pretty economically but they certainly aren’t crippled as the media would like you to believe.
Their money is continuing to flow despite the sanctions.

Ukraine runs out of men long before Russia goes broke.

posted on Jun, 14 2024 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion
a reply to: dragonridr

That shows how little you understand the war of attrition is about money not people. Russia is already to the point their economy is done. Latest bank runs as people try to drop the ruble.

Be very careful when you believe the mainstream media propaganda about the Russian economy being decimated by these sanctions.
Russia has worked around each and every one of them, including these recent sanctions.
They’ve been opening new markets for their oil in China and India.
They are eating it up in record numbers.
Now they’re tying the ruble to the yuan instead of the dollar and euro.
Another workaround.
The Russian economy is projected to grow 3.2% this year.
No big economy is close to that.
Russia isn’t out of the woods nor is it sitting pretty economically but they certainly aren’t crippled as the media would like you to believe.
Their money is continuing to flow despite the sanctions.

Ukraine runs out of men long before Russia goes broke.

I'm sure Moscow had to suspend trading because things are going so well. I'm sure banks closing early and miraculously having problems with online banking is just a little computer error that happens to be inflicting every Russian bank.

I'm sure Belarus suspending trading in the ruble just another computer error. The ruble has become a hot potato no one wants to be stuck with it when the song ends.

edit on 6/14/24 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2024 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlest2
a reply to: Freeborn

Ukraine would still be Ukraine today if unrestrained capitalist greed and the desire for US global hegemony hadn't instigated that conflict in the first place.
We are no longer a democratic republic. We are now a banana republic ruled by oligarchs.

Did capitalist greed make Poland worse off?

I wonder if Poland feels like they have it better than Belarus.

Ukraine has been trying to make EU trade agreements for 20 years. Putin started meddling in their elections before 2004 when he got fed up and tried to assassinate the candidate he wasn’t backing.

The Ukrainians have constantly voted for the candidate that will make trade deals or even get them into the EU.

You can act like the west forced this all you want. Ukraine looks at the other former USSR countries who tried their best to get rid of the Soviet style corruption and lean west, and a vast majority are in a far better place now.

The western world is far from perfect. But I’ll take it any day of the week to blatant state owned media and mass arrests for freedom of speech and expression.

posted on Jun, 15 2024 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: charlest2

Kudos for patience Charles. It is difficult to maintain a dialogue with the willfully blind, thick as mince and agenda driven. I could easily fit most of the posters in this thread into one of those categories.

posted on Jun, 15 2024 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon

Ha ha ha.
How predictable.
Pot meet kettle.

I will say that Charles remains polite and courteous and I respect that.

posted on Jun, 15 2024 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Did capitalist greed make Poland worse off?

I wonder if Poland feels like they have it better than Belarus.

I can assure you that nobody in Poland misses the Russian protectorate. When we were voting to join the EU, the majority of Poles were for it. That doesn't mean that the EU policies are accepted uncritically. Far from it but most of politicians and ordinary citizens understand that Russia is not a valid alternative to it.

The same goes for NATO, which is seen as the guarantee of safety and protection from the Russian imperialism.

The claim that the West had to organize a coup in Ukraine to make it more pro-European is the most absurd claim ever repeated by Russian propagandists and those Americans who are clueless about Eastern European politics. Anti-Russian attitudes are so strong in former Warsaw Pact countries that there's no need for any foreign agents to interfere.

Some people wrongly assume that Putin is going to be appeased when he gets some lands in Ukraine. Well, he got Crimea and... ? He doesn't want a territory, he wants Ukraine back under the Russian control. Not incorporated into Russia but totally demilitarized and dependent politically and economically on Russia.

posted on Jun, 15 2024 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Well, with or without Biden, we all agree, that Azov is losing ground

Carry on lol

edit on 15-6-2024 by Imhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2024 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Imhere

Nope. They will be given American weapons!

Glory to America!

posted on Jun, 15 2024 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: twistedpuppy

Nope. They will be given American weapons!

Glory to America!

Do you salute to Ukrainian Nazi SS Stepan Bandera, over Russia?

Say it… don’t be afraid

Say it…

edit on 15-6-2024 by Imhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2024 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Oh c'mon, who says I'm afraid?

Slava Ukraini!

Heroyam slava!

Putin has long managed to beat good old Bandera when it comes to the war crimes. Count all the terror crimes committed by the Ukrainian Insurgent Army during and after the second world war and all the war atrocities committed by the Russians in Ukraine and you will see who is the real "Nazi" here.

Of course Putin is much worse than Bandera ever was.

edit on 15-6-2024 by twistedpuppy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2024 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: twistedpuppy

Oh c'mon, who says I'm afraid?

Slava Ukraini!

Heroyam slava!

Putin has long managed to beat good old Bandera when it comes to the war crimes. Count all the terror crimes committed by the Ukrainian Insurgent Army during and after the second world war and all the war atrocities committed by the Russians in Ukraine and you will see who is the real "Nazi" here.

Of course Putin is much worse than Bandera ever was.

Delusional noted.

posted on Jun, 15 2024 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Are we back to that broken record again?

Ah well, at least you're consistent.

Do you support the Nazi scum amongst the Russian ranks?

How about the Wagner group full of rapists and other dirty wrong'yins?

And the beat goes on...........And the beat goes on.

posted on Jun, 15 2024 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: 777Vader

Russia has had a lot of recent hard lessons when it comes to currency resets. A lot of state assists did get privatized. Took a while to get things moving again, they will be more resistant these days. The sanctions are a good thing to limit foreign economic meddling and keep Russia running despite what the USD does.

posted on Jun, 15 2024 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Seeing how Putin's own troops seem to be firing and killing their own on a regular basis, I think they too are fed up with the ass kicking and want to go home. It's just a shame Mad Vlad can't see it...

www.express.co.uk...

Putin fury after Kremlin generals wipe out elite Russian army unit in military fiasco
Russia's army has shown a remarkable ability to wipe out its own troops, as well as those of the enemy throughout the Ukraine war.

Countless reports have emerged of Russian military positions coming under fire from their own troops.

The Kremlin's airforce has also joined in the fun, dropping an astonishing 93 heavy bombs inside Russia and the occupied territories in Ukraine, according to a recent analysis.

And if his Oligarchs are starting to turn...

www.express.co.uk...

Putin on the brink as Russian elites want him gone: ‘No longer the guy we need'
An expert has claimed that Russian elites are fed up with Vladimir Putin running the country as there is a sense that the leader is no longer the person they want in charge.

posted on Jun, 15 2024 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: BedevereTheWise

Billions to a country defending itself from invasion.

How does cash stop Putin. Care to detail how the cash flooding into the Ukraine is being turned into weapons, from who? What is that cash being spent on?

posted on Jun, 15 2024 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Shrugs..

But its forces are running critically low on ammunition, troops and air defences. Its much-heralded counter-offensive last year failed to dislodge the Russians from ground they had seized and now Moscow is gearing up for a summer offensive.
So what will that look like and what are its likely strategic objectives?
"The shape of the Russian offensive that's going to come is pretty clear," says Gen Barrons.
"We are seeing Russia batter away at the front line, employing a five-to-one advantage in artillery, ammunition, and a surplus of people reinforced by the use of newish weapons."

www.bbc.com...

What is the end game for US taxpayers pouring billions into the Ukraine.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join