It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Flood explains Oil Deposits and Geological layers

page: 83
<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

So you show me a video of Sub-atomic Vibrations and call it an Electron ?

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

It's called "progress".

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 11:28 AM
link   

How would that work considering the size of the object in question is smaller than the visible waves of light?

Visible light wavelengths is approximately between 400 to 700 nanometers(nm).

In contrast, electrons, being subatomic particles, have extremely small wavelengths on the order of picometers.

You're apt to require the services of ""electron"" microscopy im afraid.

And my understanding is you choose not to believe in those.
edit on 6-1-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

originally posted by: andy06shake

I'm trying to get my head around the fact that you are willing to believe in ancient astronaut theory yet dispute the existence of elementary fundamental particles.

Because according to physics...........

The Greatest scientific minds of an age Believed
-The Earth was Flat
-The Earth is the center of the Universe
-Drilling holes in a persons head relieves a Migraine .
-Bleeding a Person is a reasonable treatment for just about anything.
- A persons Humors made up the workings of the human body .
- Electro shock and cold water therapy would drive the demons out.
- Shunned anyone that suggested washing there hands before surgery.
- Heroin was a good drug to get people off of Morphine.

The list goes on and on and on and on mate. According to Physics means absolutely nothing to me becausew 50 years from now we will have an understanding beyond 98% of what it is we think we know.

And religious zealots will still believe women are a lesser human, the global flood happened and a man named Jesus was born on a 'heathen' celebrationed day.

Yeah that's True . People are ignorant and gullible.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Did you ever have an old style TV set, with a Cathode Ray tube?

Do you know how they worked? Have a guess.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Did you ever have an old style TV set, with a Cathode Ray tube?

Do you know how they worked? Have a guess.

I always thought there was a little Witch inside casting spells.

Yes I get it the Theory is ' Electrons ' and it's a good one but in my opinion a flawed one that we don't truly understand yet.
edit on 6-1-2024 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 11:31 AM
link   

So you show me a video of Sub-atomic Vibrations and call it an Electron ?

I didn't call it anything, 3 scientist who won a noble prize for the work did!
www.nytimes.com...

The Nobel Prize in Physics was awarded to Pierre Agostini, Ferenc Krausz and Anne L’Huillier on Tuesday for techniques that illuminate the subatomic realm of electrons, providing a new perspective into a previously unexplored domain.

Electrons move at a whopping 43 miles a second. This speed has long made them impossible to study. The new experimental techniques created by the three scientist-laureates use short light pulses to capture an electron’s movement at a single moment in time.

Think of a rotating fan at its highest speed: each blade is a blur. But if you point a strobe light at the fan, every flash will illuminate a frozen moment in time. As the flashes get shorter, more information about the fan is revealed.

To study the movement of electrons, the scientists had to use pulses of light that last only on the scale of attoseconds; an attosecond is one quintillionth of a second. The number of attoseconds in a single second is the same as the number of all the seconds that have elapsed since the universe burst into existence 13.8 billion years ago, according to the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, which awards the Nobel Prizes.

Eva Olsson, the chair of the Nobel Committee for Physics, said at a news conference on Tuesday that attosecond science “allows us to address fundamental questions” by measuring the relative positions of electrons in an atom.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I think there is on the Cinemaxx channel.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 11:34 AM
link   
ON TOPIC

Good point here .. if these animals were cooped up in a closet for a year, wading in their own waste, eating crap that they were not accustomed to and that are not regular part of their diet .... their muscles would have wasted away from lack of use and poor living arrangements. They would have been a beaten up mess from being tossed around by an ocean in a massive storm. They would have been SICKLY .. if they survived at all.

Problems with Global Flood

Caring for the Animals

Special diets. Many animals, especially insects, require special diets. Koalas, for example, require eucalyptus leaves, and silkworms eat nothing but mulberry leaves. For thousands of plant species (perhaps even most plants), there is at least one animal that eats only that one kind of plant. How did Noah gather all those plants aboard, and where did he put them?

Other animals are strict carnivores, and some of those specialize on certain kinds of foods, such as small mammals, insects, fish, or aquatic invertebrates. How did Noah determine and provide for all those special diets?

Fresh foods. Many animals require their food to be fresh. Many snakes, for example, will eat only live foods (or at least warm and moving). Parasitoid wasps only attack living prey. Most spiders locate their prey by the vibrations it produces. [Foelix, 1996] Most herbivorous insects require fresh food. Aphids, in fact, are physically incapable of sucking from wilted leaves. How did Noah keep all these food supplies fresh?

Food preservation/Pest control. Food spoilage is a major concern on long voyages; it was especially thus before the inventions of canning and refrigeration. The large quantities of food aboard would have invited infestations of any of hundreds of stored product pests (especially since all of those pests would have been aboard), and the humidity one would expect aboard the Ark would have provided an ideal environment for molds. How did Noah keep pests from consuming most of the food?

Ventilation. The ark would need to be well ventilated to disperse the heat, humidity, and waste products (including methane, carbon dioxide, and ammonia) from the many thousands of animals which were crowded aboard. Woodmorappe (pp. 37-42) interprets Genesis 6:16 to mean there was an 18-inch opening all around the top, and says that this, with slight breezes, would have been enough to provide adequate ventilation. However, the ark was divided into separate rooms and decks (Gen. 6:14,16). How was fresh air circulated throughout the structure?

Sanitation. The ungulates alone would have produced tons of manure a day. The waste on the lowest deck at least (and possibly the middle deck) could not simply be pushed overboard, since the deck was below the water line; the waste would have to be carried up a deck or two. Vermicomposting could reduce the rate of waste accumulation, but it requires maintenance of its own. How did such a small crew dispose of so much waste?

Exercise/Animal handling. The animals aboard the ark would have been in very poor shape unless they got regular exercise. (Imagine if you had to stay in an area the size of a closet for a year.) How were several thousand diverse kinds of animals exercised regularly?

Manpower for feeding, watering, etc. How did a crew of eight manage a menagerie larger and more diverse than that found in zoos requiring many times that many employees? Woodmorappe claims that eight people could care for 16000 animals, but he makes many unrealistic and invalid assumptions. Here are a few things he didn't take into account:

edit on 1/6/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Yes I get it the Theory is ' Electrons ' and it's a good one but in my opinion a flawed one that we don't truly understand yet.

Then supplant it with something better never mind explain electricity?

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Right. So I called Longleat and the girl on the phone said "Sure, help yourself".

But I couldn't get any more sense out of her as she seemed to have some sort of a fit and just kept laughing hysterically?

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Did he compost in his pockets!!

I've noticed that all the big questions most of us have asked are being ignored and snarky comments posted. I haven't seen a single answer cover any of the points raised so far other than off hand things like 'freshwater springs of course' or 'kinds of animals' and thats all we get. We don't actually get any real scientific data to back up the claims made by Cooperton (pesudo-science doesn't count).
edit on 6-1-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 11:43 AM
link   

And they would have trodden on the ants, termites, and so on?

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 11:43 AM
link   
ON TOPIC

Major coral reefs around the world are tens of thousands of years old. MUCH older than 2400BC when the world wide flood was supposed to happen. Those reefs would have DIED and been DESTROYED if the flood had happened.

Fatal Flaws in Flood Geology

Huge coral atolls and reefs require many thousands of years to form because the individual corals that constitute them grow so slowly. Under ideal conditions, corals grow as fast as 1.0 to 2.5 centimeters per year, but conditions are seldom ideal, and reefs as a whole grow much more slowly than the individual corals that make them up. The surf pounds broken coral branches into sand, and the red and green calcareous algae cement this sand together into a form far more compact than the original corals, so a reef complex consisting largely of cemented coral sand actually grows much more slowly than the original corals, only millimeters per year. Such slow growth rates imply that coral atolls and barrier reefs (both fossil and modern) needed tens of thousands of years to grow into their present form; the flood geology model supplies only a fraction of the needed time. The modern Eniwetok atoll, the fossil Rainbow Lake reefs, and the complex geology of Hawaii are good examples to illustrate this.

H. S. Ladd (1960) has drilled deep holes on Eniwetok atoll to take samples of coral and coral derived rock. These core samples reveal a huge cap of coral that took millions of years to form. Over a thousand cubic kilometers of coral reef rock cover a sunken basalt volcano cone. Millions of years ago, this cone formed a volcanic island; the parts above sea level were worn flat by erosion. As it slowly sank, the coral reefs that had been growing on its rim grew upwards fast enough to keep at the surface of the ocean, forming a huge coral cap. The cores taken from the drilling show that the deepest corals are so old that they have become chemically altered from aragonite to dolomite. Occasionally in geological history, the volcano temporarily ceased to sink, and lifted the coral cap many feet above sea level (the modern Tonga islands are also former atolls heaved many feet above sea level); the core samples clearly show gaps in the coral where the coral was being weathered above sea level. The deepest core sample of all revealed coral as thick as 1380 meters. Assuming that Ladd is accurate, let us grant ICR two generous assumptions: (1) the reef as a whole grows a centimeter per year, and (2) we ignore the time represented by erosional gaps. Given these assumptions, the atoll must be no less than 138,000 years old.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
Right. So I called Longleat and the girl on the phone said "Sure, help yourself".

But I couldn't get any more sense out of her as she seemed to have some sort of a fit and just kept laughing hysterically?

I've got some elastic bands for the big cats, bears, wolves and snakes. We can just pop those around their mouths for a year and they'll be fine!!
I'll let you do the feeding thou' Carpy!

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Lots of them are dying off as we speak.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Cheers, mate. That's kind of you.

Claws might be a problem, though?

edit on 6-1-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
I've noticed that all the big questions most of us have asked are being ignored and snarky comments posted.

He ran away rather than address the questions.

How did the ostrich get from Africa to the Middle East?
How did Noah take care of them, he wouldn't have known
to feed the ostrich gravel, which is a vital part of it's diet.

Simple questions .... but cooperton ran away.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Info on Coral Reefs

They all would have been destroyed if there was a world wide flood.
edit on 1/6/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I know!

new topics

top topics

<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join