It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Flood explains Oil Deposits and Geological layers

page: 86
<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

That was but one example there are many many more world wide, I work in construction industry ,

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit
Pretty sure discarded items are called jetsam and both are subject to these eddy currents you described and they don't bury them under the ocean floor. Now you expect us to believe the organic stuff, that wants to float, was pushed down thousands of meters during the flood?

Don't even try again.

edit on 29-1-2024 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
Pretty sure discarded items are called jetsam and both are subject to these eddy currents you described and they don't bury them under the ocean floor. Now you expect us to believe the organic stuff, that wants to float, was pushed down thousands of meters during the flood?

Don't even try again.

I am Pretty SURE Now you are Misinformed about a lot of things Concerning the Forces of Nature . My Condolences........

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Please, spare me, your proposed eddy currents, that don't sink the islands of garbage man dumps into the oceans, somehow reversed the laws of physics and buried organic debri back in the time of Noah?

edit on 30-1-2024 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Ah , you do Realize that the OP's Thread is about an ANCIENT Biblical Flood don't you ? I Highly Doubt the Quote - "that don't sink the islands of garbage man dumps into the oceans, " is a Relevant Argument considering Ancient Man did not Contribute to that kind of Pollution to the Oceans . Deny Ignorance , and Remember to Think Before you Post such Rubbish Sir !

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 02:54 AM
link   
The point was that buoyant things have never been buried by eddy currents?

You do understand that leaves, twigs and wood, even bodies are buoyant, with the exception of shells which wouldn't form oil anyway?

I guess you can bring up mudslides but even then, as the water loosened soil and roots lost their grip, over a period of weeks, those buoyant materials would be driven to the surface by the difference in density.

As the water receded, they would have been on the surface or at least much closer to it than the oil deposits that men drill for.

Why didn't you think before proposing something as dumb as eddy currents would have moved floating material 8,000 meters above the surface of the ground to thousands of meters below the ground?

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik Now you expect us to believe the organic stuff, that wants to float, was pushed down thousands of meters during the flood?

Plants are rooted in the ground. Entire forests could have been covered by massive amounts of mud during the global flood, making the layer of mudrock with freshly pressed oil beneath.

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton
They wouldn't be rooted once the soil became waterlogged.

Mud would have been so thin it would have been able to trap the buoyant material.

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 01:02 PM
link   

They wouldn't be rooted once the soil became waterlogged.

Mud would have been so thin it would have been able to trap the buoyant material.

Why would the mud have been thin? Even a landslide can dramatically cover a landscape, let alone a global flood. There's no reason there wouldn't be mass displacement of mud to cover mass amounts of foliage to create oil under the pressure.
edit on 30-1-2024 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
Why would the mud have been thin? Even a landslide can dramatically cover a landscape, let alone a global flood. There's no reason there wouldn't be mass displacement of mud to cover mass amounts of foliage to create oil under the pressure.

1 year of water, also, a mudslide is one thing but water from the mantle would cause liquefaction, which causes soil to act like a liquid, like quicksand.

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 02:14 PM
link   

1 year of water, also, a mudslide is one thing but water from the mantle would cause liquefaction, which causes soil to act like a liquid, like quicksand.

The rain from above would have helped cool the surface water.

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 02:32 PM
link   

The rain from above would have helped cool the surface water.

Nobody said anything about heat.

Liquefaction (aka fluidization), not melting, has to do with liquid between solid particles that causes them to act like a liquid.

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik]
Nobody said anything about heat.

Liquefaction (aka fluidization), not melting, has to do with liquid between solid particles that causes them to act like a liquid.

Oh I read it as "liquification", rather than 'liquefaction', my mistake.

liquefaction occurs during mudslides. Look at how all the trees are buried from this process:

If a mudslide is capable of burying trees like that, then higher volumes of mud would during the global flood would be able to do the same.

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Mudslides do that because they are relatively shallow and drag the debri along the surface. If the area above that was filled with water, the mud wouldn't be able to keep the buoyant material from rising to the top and when the waters receded, they would be on the surface or buried at shallow depths, not where oil deposits are found.

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Mudslides do that because they are relatively shallow and drag the debri along the surface. If the area above that was filled with water, the mud wouldn't be able to keep the buoyant material from rising to the top and when the waters receded, they would be on the surface or buried at shallow depths, not where oil deposits are found.

I'm picturing the forests being covered as the waters are rising above sea level. Probably happened pretty early on with the lower altitudes.

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I'm seeing their roots losing grip as the soil flooded and then rising with the water. Like this.

Sure some might have been buried but not below bedrock.

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Sure some might have been buried but not below bedrock.

Bedrock can be mudstone (i.e. limestone). The mud from the flood lithified and became bedrock all around the world. The organic matter trapped beneath was pressurized into become oil and other components.
edit on 30-1-2024 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Bedrock can be mudstone (i.e. limestone). The mud from the flood lithified and became bedrock all around the world. The organic matter trapped beneath was pressurized into become oil and other components.

Not over the 40 days, with the tides rising relatively slowly, and then however long it took to have the waters recede.

You have not shown how organic matter was going to be trapped thousand of meters below the surface. I mudslide buries things 10-20 meters at most. Let's say 100.

Love Jesus and stop this dumb obsession of thinking you can prove your faith through science, you can't.

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Not over the 40 days, with the tides rising relatively slowly, and then however long it took to have the waters recede.

It likely lithified after the flood. Especially the superficial layers. Lower layers would be exposed to the pressure from above and may have actually lithified during the flood.

You have not shown how organic matter was going to be trapped thousand of meters below the surface. I mudslide buries things 10-20 meters at most. Let's say 100.

A global flood is exponentially larger than local mudslides, the deposition would also be exponentially larger in various regions.

Love Jesus and stop this dumb obsession of thinking you can prove your faith through science, you can't.

Love Jesus and stop this dumb obsession with evolution. It is by its own definition a theory that involves no intelligence.

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 08:16 PM
link   

It likely lithified after the flood. Especially the superficial layers. Lower layers would be exposed to the pressure from above and may have actually lithified during the flood.

That has nothing to do with buoyant things on the surface that would want to float after their roots lost their grip from waterlogged soil.

You do understand that when there is a flood some trees fall because the flooded soil allows the top heavy plants to topple over because the soils has become loose.

A global flood is exponentially larger than local mudslides, the deposition would also be exponentially larger in various regions.

Yes, but the effects would be gradually increasing. Encroaching inland a bit at a time. Giving the organic material time to float.

Love Jesus and stop this dumb obsession with evolution. It is by its own definition a theory that involves no intelligence.

How does that affect you if some people choose to believe that?

Why do you care?

I have my beliefs, I haven't made a single thread about it. I mention it every now and then but I'm not trying to convert anyone, probably couldn't.

new topics

top topics

<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join