It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Flood explains Oil Deposits and Geological layers

page: 77
<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 08:44 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Don't care as much on evolution. Doesn't need me to fight for it. It fought for itself. And was confirmed. At least to my standard. And most everyone else's.

Total DNA vs Genes seems like a bitch to learn. But I can look up total number of genes each animal has for use in a rhetorical argument.

I did mouse to human for lulz.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

It showed that both species have around 30000 genes, but only 300 are unique to each type of organism.

Sweet! Can I be 99% mouse?

I mean, I know we both have "tail" genes. I guess it works like a logic gate. Tail = True/ Tail = False.

And as it turns out, vestigial tails are not this gene switching on. It's a birth defect similar to spina bifida. So that gene has yet to switch back on, but we share it with mice anyway.

Still, if only 300 of 30000 genes are unique. It's kinda hard to argue against a like path and MCRA for mice and humans. We share a lot, obviously.

Rhetorically, Why did intelligent design do so many like markers? If we were all proprietary creations without common link, why would we have common coding in our design? Like the 29700 genes we share with mice.

To argue we are an "as is" divine creation, is to argue we were designed from the base up. Meaning shared traits first, unique coding last. Meaning even a designed creature is going to follow a branching, diverging tree, that exactly resembles the evolutionary one.

If you were to visually represent the coding employed there would be a pseudo-genetic template that resembles an evolutionary tree. The visual representation would look like natural selection drawn out.

Anyway just my thought on that.

I do have a stolen idea (theory) for organic life of any type though.

I think organic life has an added force upon its existence. One not applicable to stars and natural elements.

Organic compounds, as conditional creations of natural processes, have "rapid degredation" as a pseudo-force acting upon it as strongly as gravity. Like the Unseen trigger that activates Cyclin A. A rudimentary consciousness trigger, even in cells.

Almost like organic life has an inherent recognition and trigger against its own decay to replicate and adapt.

Simple coding is all I need to accomplish that. The building takes care of itself with what the universe gives it.

Can't wait until Europa Cipper's mass spectrometer flies through a cryovolcanism plume and discovers organic material conducive to life.

I am predicting it will now.
edit on 3-1-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 05:23 AM
link   

It was intelligently contrived. Nothing is magic for a Being that transcends time and space.

You must be a big fan....

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Would you have us believe in "Giants" too?

Can you expain why unrelated civilizations the world over have the same flood story and talk about the eradication of giants..

probably not..

Thats because it was Christian missionaries who christianized any tales of a flood to help covert the 'heathens'. It was also mostly Christian missionaries who wrote down these tales and it was easy for them to write a more christian version.
edit on 4-1-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

What the Christian missionaries did via imposing our Western values and norms on the likes of the African indigenous cultures would most likely be considered to be cultural imperialism in this day of age.

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Kurokage

What the Christian missionaries did via imposing our Western values and norms on the likes of the African indigenous cultures would most likely be considered to be cultural imperialism in this day of age.

It's funny seeing certain people go about South America and their flood story being connect to the Noah flood. Yet it the Spanish missionaries who coverted the South Americans to christianty and wrote down the story christianizing it.
edit on 4-1-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33

I did mouse to human for lulz.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

It showed that both species have around 30000 genes, but only 300 are unique to each type of organism.

Sweet! Can I be 99% mouse?

Rhetorically, Why did intelligent design do so many like markers? If we were all proprietary creations without common link, why would we have common coding in our design? Like the 29700 genes we share with mice.

This is no surprise that similar animals (i.e. mammals) would have similar coding. Just like you would would expect a MacBook to have similar coding to a MacBook air, they were both created by Apple. You wouldn't assume MacBook air randomly mutated into a MacBook merely because they have similar coding.

Total DNA is what is most relevant to determine the feasibility of evolution. Chimps to humans requires way too large of a gap to have happened in the theoretical timeframe.

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I wish someone would put this thread out of it's misery.

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

It's funny seeing certain people go about South America and their flood story being connect to the Noah flood. Yet it the Spanish missionaries who coverted the South Americans to christianty and wrote down the story christianizing it.

The Incans rejected Christianity

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 02:25 PM
link   

How did that work out for the poor sods?

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
Total DNA is what is most relevant to determine the feasibility of evolution. Chimps to humans requires way too large of a gap to have happened in the theoretical timeframe.

It wasn't chimps to humans, we share a common ancestor. We, and they, branched off.

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 03:01 PM
link   
😂🤣😂

a reply to: BrucellaOrchitis

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BrucellaOrchitis

Very good!

She's funny.

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 04:17 PM
link   

How did that work out for the poor sods?

Not good, but it shows they definitely didn't just copy and paste the narrative of the people the rejected lol

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrucellaOrchitis

It wasn't chimps to humans, we share a common ancestor. We, and they, branched off.

I know I mentioned those specifics on my prior post
link
edit on 4-1-2024 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 04:30 PM
link   

You have lost me now.

The Spanish Christians and proceeding colonizers to the Americas decimated the Incan populations amongst others that they came into contact with.

Either through direct conflict, enslavement, or simply down to the spread of disease that the poor sods had no immunity to.

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 04:36 PM
link   

You have lost me now.

The Spanish Christians and proceeding colonizers to the Americas decimated the Incan populations amongst others that they came into contact with.

Either through direct conflict, enslavement, or simply down to the spread of disease that the poor sods had no immunity to.

Yeah it's tragic, and they were doing the opposite of turning the other cheek. They were conquerors pretending to be Christians. Regardless, the Incans did not adopt Christianity, their flood account would very independent

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
Regardless, the Incans did not adopt Christianity, their flood account would very independent

They eventually did.

Besides, the Inca Flood isn't global, just around Lake Titicaca.

ETA: In my endless search for the truth (smirk), I found this, it is a PDF in spanish with just the abstract translated to english:
Wiracocha, Catholic pastoral and mythology of Titicaca
Considerations from mythography and the andinistic

I think the abstract lays it out without mincing words

This work deals with the origin of the myth of Wiracocha, invented by the Spanish-andinistic chronicles of the 16th and 17th centuries. It is, therefore, a study from the viewpoint of mythography and Andean ethnohistory. The thesis of this paper is that the invention of such myth provided the natives quechuas and aymaras with the ideological basis for a better reception of some articles of the Christian faith. At the same time, the invented myth, together with other local traditions, gave rise to a glorious history of the origins of these peoples.

edit on 4-1-2024 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
They eventually did.

Besides, the Inca Flood isn't global, just around Lake Titicaca.

ETA: In my endless search for the truth (smirk), I found this, it is a PDF in spanish with just the abstract translated to english:
Wiracocha, Catholic pastoral and mythology of Titicaca
Considerations from mythography and the andinistic

I think the abstract lays it out without mincing words

This work deals with the origin of the myth of Wiracocha, invented by the Spanish-andinistic chronicles of the 16th and 17th centuries. It is, therefore, a study from the viewpoint of mythography and Andean ethnohistory. The thesis of this paper is that the invention of such myth provided the natives quechuas and aymaras with the ideological basis for a better reception of some articles of the Christian faith. At the same time, the invented myth, together with other local traditions, gave rise to a glorious history of the origins of these peoples.

I'd love to read how they convinced the Incans to adopt Christian ideology but it's in Spanish.

new topics

top topics

<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join