It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Flood explains Oil Deposits and Geological layers

page: 74
<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Never mind trying to educate me purplemer, i probably know all the same to similar stuff as yourself.
[/quote
Im sure you lknow plentyl similar.. Nor trying to educate Agent Smith. If you want to degrogramme.. you go for it though plz.

How many of those creation stories and flood myths imply they fully understood the shape and extent of the planet

Didnt anwer as its irrelevant.. thay dont need to know the shape. they can still describe a catastrophic event that wiped out a previous civilization..

Also Worth bearing in mind also that you in no position to understand if the people before the flood knew the earth was round.. what information was shared and who the seeders of new civilsaiton where.. these stories are just as common as the flood story..

Here is plato telling the story.. He wasnt a stupid man . you should listen to what he had to say..

The Tale According to the Egyptians, or rather what Plato described Critias reporting what his grandfather was told by Solon who heard it from the Egyptians, once upon a time, there was a mighty power based on an island in the Atlantic Ocean. This empire was called Atlantis, and it ruled over several other islands and parts of the continents of Africa and Europe.

Atlantis was arranged in concentric rings of alternating water and land. The soil was rich, said Critias, the engineers technically accomplished, the architecture extravagant with baths, harbor installations, and barracks. The central plain outside the city had canals and a magnificent irrigation system. Atlantis had kings and a civil administration, as well as an organized military. Their rituals matched Athens for bull-baiting, sacrifice, and prayer.

But then it waged an unprovoked imperialistic war on the remainder of Asia and Europe. When Atlantis attacked, Athens showed its excellence as the leader of the Greeks, the much smaller city-state the only power to stand against Atlantis. Alone, Athens triumphed over the invading Atlantean forces, defeating the enemy, preventing the free from being enslaved, and freeing those who had been enslaved.

After the battle, there were violent earthquakes and floods, and Atlantis sank into the sea, and all the Athenian warriors were swallowed up by the earth.

Sounds like a messy tectonic type event with floods.. Wonder if that could be the younger dryas period.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

I'm Dyslexic daskakik, and i can understand the difference between fact and fiction, or i like to think i can.

So that's not any sort of free get out of gaol card.

It's like the "X-Files" suggested buddy, some people just want to believe.

And it's not a bad thing either although clearly, it can become quite debilitating for some.

And that's not a jibe at you purplemer as you are hardly the worst or anything reminiscent of the sorts.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Said basically the same thing but believes they are making a counter-point. ETA: And who in their right mind links a source that says the christian stories are the most uncorrupted and then calls it a bastardization

It is a bastardisation. dont mean we cant use the mythos.. its the easiest to use because these are stories you have heard and are familiar with

want to talk about proto orion /shiva the king instead.. or in full form rudrus.. same story again.. the king and the queen..
idm.. its all the same story..

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer
I actually don't want to talk to you about anything.

Everything you have posted so far I have already heard.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Just did not bother to answer you mean. LoL

And you are back on to the younger dryas period.

Which again did not constitute a flood of the global sorts.

I mean you can keep on saying it but it won't change the fact that geology and science does not support your unfounded claims.

As to my position, again not predominantly my position but science and history position.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 02:46 PM
link   

There is a commonality the runs through all the sacred teachings and stories.. A finger print.. you are not taught nut its there.

you dont have a clue because you have not tried putting the original sciences back together. thats astrology and astronomy.. its an incredible thing. when you do you will start to see the same archypal patterns through all the teachings..

I gave you a base blue print to use.. the trinity. if you want go and have a look, dig and you will find truth.. if you dont want to .. stay agent smith..

in some ways we are all the agent smith.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Every time the thread is about to die it's rightful death another user jumps in to defend the impossible global flood.

It's quite the anomaly.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Like to add gave you a longer answer because you said you where intrested in the earth cycles. some of the stuff i have touched on with you. will if you want allow you to explore a different avenue for them.. the axis spin being a kali yuga cycle. uses the same gods was talking to you about too.. no coincidence.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 02:52 PM
link   
So I guess just poor R&C or something along those lines.

This is ATS, we all want to believe but I guess it just makes sense we don't all want to believe the same thing.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 02:52 PM
link   

There is a commonality the runs through all the sacred teachings and stories.. A finger print.. you are not taught nut its there.

Say what now?

Too much Assassins Creed buddy?

you dont have a clue because you have not tried putting the original sciences back together. thats astrology and astronomy.. its an incredible thing. when you do you will start to see the same archypal patterns through all the teachings..

Whereas you are simply on the ball and oozing knowledge and wisdom all over the shop.

I gave you a base blue print to use.. the trinity. if you want go and have a look, dig and you will find truth.. if you dont want to .. stay agent smith..

The only thing you seem to be providing is a headache unfortunately.

Real facts and tangible information not so much or at all really.

And again back to the name-calling.

in some ways we are all the agent smith.

Agent Smith is a ""fictional character"" and the main antagonist in a ""fictional"" movie, so there is that.

If you find the keys to the Matrix all the same buddy give us a shout.

I need to go bathe this dog now that managed to get out and is now covered in what i can only assume to be dead Squirrel, so have fun ATS.
edit on 3-1-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Astrology is not a science. It's a belief system.

And a bit rubbish, too.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 03:05 PM
link   

"Agent Smith is a ""fictional character"" and the main antagonist in a ""fictional"" movie, so there is that."

Wut? You mean, it wasn't a documentary? First Santa, now this?!!!!

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Wait until you hear what happens to the Easter Bunny.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Well, it would be a rather boring place to exist if we all thought the same way.

I don't think we mind conflicting ideologies and opinions as they make great crack and debate.

But there is only so far you can punt a dead horse, and the Noah story ticks that box and then proceeds to put the pen through the page imho.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Et tu, Brute?

My beliefs ly in ruins.

Next you'll be telling me the Harry Potter documentaries aren't real?
edit on 3-1-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I don't get it, that documentary shows the easter bunny is above mankind. Also that the vatican has ninjas.

It's the deep state that makes people think going down the rabbit hole is a bad thing but obviously it is the path to salvation.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 03:23 PM
link   

LoL

It's not the path to salvation that's predominantly the problem.........but what it's paved with.

As to rabbit holes, i think the trick is to learn to be able to climb back out before it screws with your head to much.

I've got a wee pal right now that's deleted us all of social media and refuses to talk to us any longer all down to him choosing to become a Qanonanut.

Full a grown man as well in his 40s.

Its fecking tragic some of the nonsense people choose to believe and then take the cream puff when you choose to call them on their nonsense.

Anyhoo rant over, i need to try and dry this beast now, and he hates the hair dryer.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I want to know why Young Earth Creationism and a literal reading of Genesis seems to be a distinctly American and Australian thing. And definitely not a majority at that. Seems to me most other believers elsewhere in the world can easily rationalise their faith with the reality of the universe we exist in. Or at the very least compartmentalise the two.

Furthermore it seems a relatively recent thing, like 1980s onwards. Very strange.

There must be something in the Pacific Ocean.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 03:38 PM
link   

The celebration of the king is the same the world over. for example celto /blurry /viking odinic / babalyion /Egyptian and may other use exacly the same type of trinity in very particular way.. Its a fingerprint when you know what you are looking at.

Computing...

$topic=$_GET["Topic"];
$question=$_GET["Question"];
$beliefs =$_GET["Beliefs"];
$query = "INSERT INTO questions (topic, question, beliefs) VALUES ($topic, $question, $beliefs)";
$sql1=mysql_query($query);
if (!$sql1) [
die('Invalid query: ' . mysql_error());

Okay. Going to assume.

Trinity? Across the board?

There's not many beliefs that copy the 'singular god', 'demigod son', 'holy spirit of god' into a trinity.

The basic principle is a singular god's emenation is through these three forms.

Hindu do something similar with the avatars of Brahman, but it's polytheistic, and not a trinity.

Buddhists don't do Atman.

Zoroastrian do a double trinity.

The Zoroastrian Godhead is a septad, a brilliant theological creation that contains a double Trinity. Ahura Mazda is the Wise Lord who expresses himself first in a masculine Trinity of Good Mind (=Christian Logos), Good Law, and Creative Power; and a feminine Trinity of Devotion, Perfection, and Immortality.

And everyone does a godhead in some form. Some attach it to singular deities, emenations of a singular deity, or of many at once.

Some attach gnosis to specific archetypes and emenations of god.

Overall the trinity is a monotheistic device.

I'm not seeing monotheism as the default form in any way.

Monotheism took until the Persians to really take over (Zoroastrianism and Judaism). Orally Zoroastrianism predates Judaism by 300 years, in writing they are about the same age.

The polytheism - monotheism switch started happening around 1500-1200 BCE. The Phoenicians were moving away from the pantheon to a monolatrous form of Ba'al worship, where he became the focus, while still acknowledging the pantheon.

Their sister culture, now calling themselves Hebrews, went a step further and made a singular god everything.

300 years prior, somewhere near the Caspian Sea, another teacher began the story of the monotheistic singular god.

When the two merged in The Achaemenid Empire, under Cyrus The Great, both were written down, and encouraged each-others similar narrative.

From there it's a telephone/transcription game.

The God/Prophet dynamic is arguably the most noted monotheistic addition to religion, started with Zoraster, and became the standard after The FINAL BABYLONIAN KING, of the old Polytheistic ways, was knocked off his tower:

And even given a OT Bible quote:

How you are fallen from heaven, (Helel, Lucifer, Day Star, Morning Star), son of the morning! How you are cut down to the ground, who laid the nations low!

Helel Ben Sahar in Hebrew.

The origin of Lucifer may be Shahar, The Canaanite God of The Dawn. The Day Star. The Morning star. Venus. But in Jewish terminology became a symbol for all that attempt to outshine others (and the one true god) with their power, Like the king of Babylon did. Hence the shining one.

It mocks both a fallen king that enslaved them and polytheism simultaneously.
edit on 3-1-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

"Agent Smith is a ""fictional character"" and the main antagonist in a ""fictional"" movie, so there is that."

Wut? You mean, it wasn't a documentary? First Santa, now this?!!!!

It's a metaphor for group-thought-police preventing people from realizing the truth about their existence. In this case, it is you all making sure everyone believes we're mutated pond scum with no dissenting opinions permitted.

new topics

top topics

<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join