It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Flood explains Oil Deposits and Geological layers

page: 79
<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Pictures and diagrams please, just show how it's possible?

Tell you one thing there better be plenty of bilge pumps on board the magic wooden boat, with the people to power and operate the devices.

You have 8 of those, by the way, people that is.

As to their vast knowledge of construction, buddy it's the fecking bronze age or thereabouts.

edit on 6-1-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

As to there vast knowledge of construction, buddy it's the fecking bronze age or thereabouts.

You're letting secularized history make you think these were technological morons, they were not. The entire history of humanity that we are taught is wrong, including origins, and this opens the possibility that the pre-flood people were advanced in their own way, capable of amazing feats.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 07:45 AM
link   

And you are choosing to believe as you wish down to your belief system which you cannot question or compromise.

For fear of being punished in the next life for all eternity, should you choose to question or disagree, by your omnipotent omnipresent creator, who loves you unconditionally.

Ile take recorded history over a fictional book, which is a clear product of man, with all his fears and fallibilities laid bare, displayed for all to see, every day of the week cooperton, and twice on Tuesdays.

Also, I'm still waiting on you to show even the most rudimentary of diagrams or designs, that indicate what the hell you are going on about ark-wise, and/or how it would all actually function, seamlessly, and without fault, for over a year.

Let's see you perform that ""amazing feat"" if you don't mind?

Why not simply accept the fact that the tale is a mere parable that illustrates the covenant between God and humanity?

Because that is how most people of the religious sort choose to entertain the story of Noah and his ark.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 08:10 AM
link   

And you are choosing to believe as you wish down to your belief system which you cannot question or compromise.

For fear of being punished in the next life for all eternity, should you choose to question or disagree, by your omnipotent omnipresent creator, who loves you unconditionally.

Not true at all, I am saved by Grace, I do works merely to show thanks for such an awesome birthright.Β 

Ile take recorded history

Great then you'll appreciate my next thread that focuses on recorded history, rather than fairy tales imagined by some archaeologists and geologists that are not based on historical record or empirical data.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Where?

Science relies on empirical evidence obtained through systematic observation, experimentation, and analysis.

It emphasises the importance of evidence that can be observed, measured, and replicated.

Faith on the other hand well that's a leap, no two ways about it.

Not true at all, I am saved by Grace, I do works merely to show thanks for such an awesome birthright.

Prove that you are saved please?

Tangible evidence mind you as opposed to mere belief based on nothing more than conditioning and control aka organised religious practice.

Great then you'll appreciate my next thread that focuses on recorded history, rather than fairy tales imagined by some archaeologists and geologists that are not based on historical record or empirical data.

I will indeed, if indeed that is the case, which i highly doubt if im honest.

Your problem being that recorded history is based on historical records and empirical data and relies on historical records and empirical data as its primary sources of information.

But anyhoo look forward to the debate as always.

Just to point out im still waiting on you to produce those pictures/plans/diagrams to support your account of Noah's magic boat here in this thread.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Science relies on empirical evidence obtained through systematic observation, experimentation, and analysis.

It emphasises the importance of evidence that can be observed, measured, and replicated.

Humans having a 16% total genetic difference with chimpanzees making it impossible for that many beneficial mutations to have occurred in a mere 5 million years. We are talking about 500,000,000 DNA units to have been REMOVED from the chimp-like creature's genome to create a human in merely 5 million years. It's a fairy tale bro get over it. You simply believe in it, it is not scientific fact by any means. Science easily disproves it if you look beyond the white coat dogmatism

Your faith is exhibited by your inability to even consider that evolution may be wrong!
edit on 6-1-2024 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

We've been over this. A Biblical "kind" is more like the taxon 'family', rather than 'species'. Given about 5000 kinds/families of animal, there is plenty of room. He even admits that in the vide around 9:30.

And we've been over this too. You dont believe in the science of evolution and its approx 4 billion year history which created all the species alive today.
Yet you believe an old pervy codger stuffed a few thousand animals onto a Tardis Ark approx 4 thousand years ago and when released they breed and created all the 2.13 million different species alive today??

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 08:33 AM
link   

And how does that diatribe prove your account of Noah's magic boat tale or that you are saved? LoL

Again still waiting for you to show us all how it's done via tangible diagrams and designs as opposed to your mere womble words.

Why don't you try using science to show your work cooperton?

It should not be hard, if indeed at all possible, which 440-foot-long bronze age magic wooden boats are not.

As to my faith, I'm on the fence creator-wise, but man's interpretations aka organised religious practice, in all its many guises, is pretty much absolute tripe and nonsense, about as much the actual word of god as yours or my own.

As to the theory of evolution, well once again, that's widely accepted within the scientific community and is considered one of the most robust and well-supported theories in biology.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Humans having a 16% total genetic difference with chimpanzees making it impossible for that many beneficial mutations

thednatests.com...

Humans share about 99.9% of their DNA with other humans.
🐱 Cats share approximately 90% of their DNA with humans.
🐭 Humans share around 85% of their DNA with mice.
πŸ– Humans share a significant amount (98%) of their DNA with pigs.
πŸ” Humans share more than half (60%) of their DNA with chickens.
🌳 Humans share 50% of their DNA with trees.
🐌 Humans share 70% of their DNA with slugs.
🐝 Humans share 44% of their DNA with honey bees.
🍌 Humans share approximately 60% of their DNA with bananas.
🐢 Humans share about 84% of their DNA with dogs.

That shows how evolution used the same 'play set' for all species on Earth, Science easily proves it if you look beyond the white collar dogmatism!!

edit on 6-1-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 08:58 AM
link   

A simple question for you...

How long did the flooding/rain/ swelling last for?

Genesis 7:17 states that the flood lasted 40 days, yet Genesis 7:24 states And the waters swelled on the earth for one hundred fifty days.
Which is it?

How many animals did Noah take again?

Genesis 6:19-20 states And of every living thing, of all flesh, you shall bring two of every kind into the ark, to keep them alive with you; they shall be male and female. Of the birds according to their kinds, and of the animals according to their kinds, of every creeping thing of the ground according to its kind, two of every kind shall come in to you, to keep them alive.

Yet Genesis 7:2-3 states Take with you seven pairs of all clean animals, the male and its mate; and a pair of the animals that are not clean, the male and its mate; and seven pairs of the birds of the air also, male and female, to keep their kind alive on the face of all the earth.

Was it seven pairs or a pair of each??
So even the bible can't decide which bulls**t to follow?

edit on 6-1-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 09:03 AM
link   

And how does that diatribe prove your account of Noah's magic boat tale or that you are saved? LoL

It doesn't, it was to prove that your faith in evolution is unshakeable, even when presented with obvious evidence that it didn't happen

Again still waiting for you to show us all how it's done via tangible diagrams and designs as opposed to your mere womble words.

1.8 million cubic feet divided by 5,000 animals = 360 cubic feet per animal pair. That's bigger than some New York apartments lol.

originally posted by: Kurokage

Humans share about 99.9% of their DNA with other humans.
🐱 Cats share approximately 90% of their DNA with humans.
🐭 Humans share around 85% of their DNA with mice.
πŸ– Humans share a significant amount (98%) of their DNA with pigs.
πŸ” Humans share more than half (60%) of their DNA with chickens.
🌳 Humans share 50% of their DNA with trees.
🐌 Humans share 70% of their DNA with slugs.
🐝 Humans share 44% of their DNA with honey bees.
🍌 Humans share approximately 60% of their DNA with bananas.
🐢 Humans share about 84% of their DNA with dogs.

That shows how evolution used the same 'play set' for all species on Earth, Science easily proves it if you look beyond the white collar dogmatism!!

No this shows that the Creator used similar coding throughout creation. The same thing a regular human coder does - uses worthwhile code and copy and pastes it to other relevant areas of work.

A simple question for you...

How long did the flooding/rain/ swelling last for?

Genesis 7:17 states that the flood lasted 40 days, yet Genesis 7:24 states And the waters swelled on the earth for one hundred fifty days.
Which is it?

The rain lasted 40 days, but the water's presence lasted longer (150 days+).

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 09:07 AM
link   

360 cubic feet per animal pair. That's bigger than some New York apartments lol.

Tell me, how many Elephants or Blue Whales live in a New York apartment, let alone a rickety wooden Tardis Ark?

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Tell me, how many Elephants or Blue Whales live in a New York apartment, let alone a rickety wooden Tardis Ark?

Tell me how many squirrels could fit into a 360 cubic foot room. 360 cubic feet is the average required. Obviously Elephants get more real estate, but this is compensated by the fact that many animals are very small and would need significantly less space.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 09:11 AM
link   

How many animals did Noah take again?

At least 8 million had to be represented. That's how many species would have to have been represented. The 'kinds' argument doesn't work. You can't get todays animal diversity from 5,000 'kinds' ... animal diversity doesn't work that way or move that fast. The Bible only used the word 'kinds' because ancient people didn't know the word 'species'.

And depending on which bible quote you use ... it would have been two of each or seven of each ... meaning at least 16 million animals to 56 million animals.

16 million - 56 million animals ... and all their food ... and all the fresh water ... WOULD NOT FIT ON THE BOAT.

Any belief in Noahs Ark is abject stupidity.
edit on 1/6/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 09:12 AM
link   

No this shows that the Creator used similar coding throughout creation. The same thing a regular human coder does - uses worthwhile code and copy and pastes it to other relevant areas of work.

No, this shows how evolution and DNA works.

The rain lasted 40 days, but the water's presence lasted longer (150 days+).

Again, you're wrong. The bible doesn't say that.

Genesis 7:17
The flood continued forty days on the earth; and the waters increased, and bore up the ark, and it rose high above the earth.

Genesis 7:24
And the waters swelled on the earth for one hundred fifty days

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Still not seeing any tangible evidence, plans, designs, or actual proof cooperton.

That's the problem with faith you see, all you will ever have is mere words as opposed to actual evidence.

And i don't need to prove anything as science and recorded history is already on my side, you are the one supporting nonsensical magic TARDIS boats full of beasts both animal and human.

I'm sure i dont have to explain how the burden of proof works around these here parts.

But the onus is on you to provide the proverbial goods so to speak.

Good luck all the same, get back to me when you have something picture-wise fridge freezer worthy at the very least.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Yeah, even the bible can't decide how many animals Noah took with him as I posted above...

Genesis 6:19-20 states And of every living thing, of all flesh, you shall bring two of every kind into the ark, to keep them alive with you; they shall be male and female. Of the birds according to their kinds, and of the animals according to their kinds, of every creeping thing of the ground according to its kind, two of every kind shall come in to you, to keep them alive.

Yet Genesis 7:2-3 states Take with you seven pairs of all clean animals, the male and its mate; and a pair of the animals that are not clean, the male and its mate; and seven pairs of the birds of the air also, male and female, to keep their kind alive on the face of all the earth.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

Tell me how many squirrels could fit into a 360 cubic foot room. 360 cubic feet is the average required. Obviously Elephants get more real estate, but this is compensated by the fact that many animals are very small and would need significantly less space.

And is that 7 pairs of Elephants and Blue Whales??

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 09:22 AM
link   
NEVER ANSWERED ADEQUATELY

what about the insect eaters? How did Noah get a years supply of insects for each of them and where did he keep the insects and what did he feed them to keep them alive and fresh.

Some - not all - Animals that eat Insects

Anteater
Armadillo
Star-nosed mole
Gecko
Moorish gecko
Little owl
Indiana Bat
Common toad
Praying mantis
Ladybug
Moonrat
Web-footed tenrect
Gray flycatcher
Dragonfly
Sugar glider

Insects enough for a whole year ... fresh healthy insects ... for each animal. How did Noah catch them? Where did he keep them? How did he keep them alive? What did he feed the insects since there were no other insects for them to eat and no plants for them to eat either.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 09:24 AM
link   
AGAIN - Never answered adequately

How did the Koalas and Kangaroos get from Australia to the Middle East?
How did Noah get a years worth of Euchalyptus and keep it fresh to feed the Koalas?

Eucalyptus Facts

url=https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/what-do-koalas-eat.html]What Do Koalas Eat [/url]
Britannica Koalas
Save the Koala

Their main diet is Eucalyptus. They can not live without it. One to two pounds of eucalyptus leaves per day. On occasion they will nibble on bark, but that is not their diet.

edit on 1/6/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join