It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Flood explains Oil Deposits and Geological layers

page: 72
<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

did you dream of them..

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

makes it no wonder that so many were vehement flat earth supporters in 1500s Europe

Can you name any?

Truth is there are far more proponents of the flat earth nonsense in this day of age than any other time in recorded history.

Which equates to a hell of a lot of stupid in my book and by their own design no less.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

did you dream of them

Might wish to stick to the topic of the thread.

And not be fascinated with the dreams of other members.

Mods have already been around to telling us to stay on topic and go after the ball as opposed to other players.

So on that note I'm patiently waiting on the evidence that backs up Noah's magic boat story.

Or indicates there was ever a global flood at or around 2000 BCE.
edit on 3-1-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 11:24 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

anti-Catholic

Show me a young earth creationist that isn't. Catholics are heretics to the literal word.

My favorite Catholic Priest of all time is Father Georges Lemaître.

Catholics were open-minded enough to come up with the ULTIMATE IDEA to merge creation and science, The Big Bang Theory.

Isn't that the purpose of this thread? The merging of creation and science? or attempt thereof?

Seriously, I put his theory as the most significant contribution any church has made to the age of The Scientific Method. And that WE ARE STILL USING A CREATION MODEL devolved by The Vatican.

Because of him, Catholics are now taught, in their insanely highly accredited schools, that the universe is 13.5 billion years old and Genesis is a parable.

On their part, it was an amazing step to lead organized religion out of the Dark Ages.
edit on 3-1-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Great post. Thanks!

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Now we have calibrated the noah dates dont work. you start saying the younger dyras period is no good either.. typical agent smith moves. predicable..

all the old cultures of the world have a shared memory of the event.. lets start with something enigmatic..

Legend of Trentren Vilu and Caicai Vilu - flood story from chilli. in those mountains.. lake titicata with its brackish waters.. the people of the andes can recollect a flood story.. they are pretty high up. Weird eh

Unu Pachakuti is an Incan flood myth.... thats the mayan flood mythos. has the giants in.. just like the bible story for the reason of the flood..

Greeks had the Deucalion Myth/ The Finnish mythology Väinämöinen builds a boat to escape and starts civilization a new. Or the In Maori mythology / Tawhaki.

What about the mayan myth.. same as the bible an angry god floods the world and it starts afresh. Or the summerain flood story of which there are several. Epic of giglamesh.. worth a read.. amazing story. Eskimo flood story..

eskimos talk about a great flood and being rescued by magians.. how about the Norse myth, the sons of Borr kill Ymir and blood comes t and kills the giants.. a recurring theme eh..

you know i could give you so many more i mean loads more.. it seems to be our ancesors around the world have memory of events and those events tie in nicely time wise and description wise for the youner dryas . which was fast acting and violent event..

Now its you that is in the minority. all these cultures and so many more say this event took place.. and we have a venue in the time frame. With added bits like the giants from culutres that had no contact with each other.

So down to you

extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof..

go for it.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 12:33 PM
link   

"extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof."

Indeed. Got any?

Like, sources?

Go for it.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Yes you are in the minoirty.. all original and old culture the world over has this narrative. its you thats in the minority..

and in being in the minority its you that should attempt to disprove.. All you have it the deepstate shill...nothing else. i have the accounts. i have the event...

what have you provided..

nada..nothing...

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 12:41 PM
link   

If you have the accounts then post some sources for them.

That's kinda how it works round here.

Please stop using the "shill" word. It's rather against T&C's.

And it's irritating and rude.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Yes floods are extremely common nearly everywhere in the world. People's worlds were much smaller back then, people perhaps thinking that the whole "world" was their farm and the nearest town. Beyond which only fields and hills which seemed endless lay. If a particularly bad flood destroyed all the nearby farms and the town, then to the survivors a flood claimed the entire world.

Over time this would be greatly embellished until the 21st century when people believe this "Noah's Ark" tale.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 12:46 PM
link   

If you copy and past then yes provide a link. I didnt do that..
Evidenlty your out of depth.
Go and look them up.. I provided names.. If you dont know anything about them then your opinion of the subject by definition to this point is meaningless. Pretty lame duck stuff.

You dont know what your talking about and instead shared a belief based on mass sheep think indoctrination..more agent smith moves.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Over time this would be greatly embellished until the 21st century when people believe this "Noah's Ark" tale.

Why do many of these flood events share the same narrative.. for example the removal of the giants.. SInce our civilization pretty much goes back to the younger dryas. Why would it be unreasonable to suggest it existed before the event as this cultures say.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Why do these flood events talk about beings / gods / magicians coming in and helping to reseed our civilization.. Its you history that is the minority here.. everyones elses tallies up cant you smell a larp.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 12:52 PM
link   

While the Younger Dryas was a significant and rapid cooling event, it is not considered to constitute a global flood.

And that's not down to me, but again, down to geology and science, which focuses on the study of the planet's structure, composition, processes, and history.

So once again i ask please provide proof of a global flood with real evidence to support such?

And i hate to break it to you but legends and anecdotes simply don't count.

en.wikipedia.org...
www.britannica.com...
www.sciencedirect.com...
edit on 3-1-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 12:55 PM
link   

No. Why should I have to look anything up?

These are your claims, you back them up.

Getting tired of your constant insults.

Seems as the day wears on you get more and more incoherent. I wonder why?

Post your sources if you want a proper discussion.

And lose the snarkiness, please. Insulting other posters does little to help your credibility.

Sources, please?

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Would you have us believe in "Giants" too?

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Because if you dont look anything up.. you wont know what you are talking about..which is evidently the case at this point.
. I have provided muchos evidence.i know these legends and more..
sad for you you dont know any of it. funny being so opinionated on a subject that you no nothing about.. why would you do that.. dont make sense to me..

all being said lets step it up here is an analysis of over 200 flood stories and there statistical similars.. i ave provided a link too..

1. Catastrophe a flood only, not other type 95%
2. Was flood global? 95%
3. A favored family saved? 88%
4. Was the geography local? 82%
5. Was the rainbow mentioned? 75%
6. Did animals play any part? 73%
7. Was survival due to a boat? 70%
8. Were animals also saved? 67%
9. Was flood due to wickedness of mankind? 66%
10. Were they forewarned? 66%
11. Did survivors land on a mountain? 57%
12. Were birds sent out? 35% 13. Did survivors offer a sacrifice? 13%
14. Were specifically eight persons saved? 9

digitalcommons.cedarville.edu...

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Would you have us believe in "Giants" too?

Can you expain why unrelated civilizations the world over have the same flood story and talk about the eradication of giants..

probably not..

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Well, it's a start. Shame I can't get to read your link, though.

new topics

<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join