It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Flood explains Oil Deposits and Geological layers

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: cooperton

"More assessments need to be made for the deeper aspects of the mantle, but even if this is merely true for the top 1/100th of the mantle there is still plenty of water to flood Everest literally millions of times over"

Absolute tripe im afraid, water levels have never been that high.

There's marine fossils on mountains that would say otherwise. Also the ubiquitousness of erratic boulders in the middle of nowhere, far out of the range of being glacial erratics, also further validate a worldwide flood

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

Again, really? It's not water, it's a solution.
Which is why they say 'aqueous fluid' and Supercritical fluids (again, not water) with high dissolved contents of carbon.

Aqueous fluid is different than supercritical fluid. It is how they distinguish water in its liquid phase and its supercritical phase:

Notice how they refer to water in its liquid state as an aqueous fluid, whereas when it reaches its critical point, it is referred to as a supercritical fluid capable of dissolving minerals at high concentrations. When it cools and returns to an aqueous fluid (liquid water) it dramatically weakens the water's ability to dissolve minerals. That is the distinction.
edit on 2-1-2024 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

originally posted by: andy06shake

"More assessments need to be made for the deeper aspects of the mantle, but even if this is merely true for the top 1/100th of the mantle there is still plenty of water to flood Everest literally millions of times over"

Absolute tripe im afraid, water levels have never been that high.

There's marine fossils on mountains that would say otherwise. Also the ubiquitousness of erratic boulders in the middle of nowhere, far out of the range of being glacial erratics, also further validate a worldwide flood

Yeah, that's what continental drift (plate tectoincs) does..

www.newscientist.com...

NASA’s scientists have released the first direct measurements of continental drift. They show that the Atlantic is gradually widening, and that Australia is receding from South America and heading for Hawaii. The crustal dynamics project, run from NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center, uses two techniques to measure the separation of places on the Earth to an accuracy of a few centimetres. Around the world, there are more than 20 stations equipped for one or both.

Relative motions of the stations are expected, according…

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Do you think mountains have always been mountains? Do you know how they were formed?

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 10:37 AM
link   

You shouldn't be condescending ever. Especially when you don't know the terminology.

This refers to you on this thread my friend. How's that solute?? Hahahahaha

Notice how it's never just refered to as water???

Under the high temperature and pressure conditions deep in the Earth, silicate and fluids can be completely mixed

edit on 2-1-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Yeah, that's what continental drift (plate tectoincs) does..

www.newscientist.com...

Sure that theory could be an assumption for those regions on the ends of plate tectonics, but other mountain chains like the Appalachian mountains which are not on the edge of plate tectonics also have marine fossils:

It's as though the entire earth were underwater at some point.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 10:45 AM
link   

This refers to you on this thread my friend. How's that solute?? Hahahahaha

Notice how it's never just refered to as water???

Yeah because there are dissolved solutes in the solution lol. I never said it was pure 100% water. You just are incapable of a scientific discussion.

"Under the high temperature and pressure conditions deep in the Earth, silicate and fluids can be completely mixed

This is what I said in my prior post, supercritical water can dissolve minerals to create a homogenous mixture. You are proving you can't even comprehend the scientific vernacular that I am using, and then pretending to school me on the same thing I just told you lololol.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I see that you're ignoring the NASA evidence and still going with the magic water thaat did'nt kill all the fish, that poped up from under the ground and then poped back down??

www.newscientist.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I see that you're ignoring the NASA evidence and still going with the magic water thaat did'nt kill all the fish, that poped up from under the ground and then poped back down??

www.newscientist.com...

The Appalachian mountains are not on the edges of plate tectonics, but they have plenty of marine fossils.

Also, your link is behind a paywall, you didnt even read it. You're a blind believer.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Yeah because there are dissolved solutes in the solution lol. I never said it was pure 100% water. You just are incapable of a scientific discussion.

Really???

A recent study in 2014 (link) found massive reservoirs of water deep beneath the earth's crust. This reservoir is holding enough water to fill the volume of the earth's oceans 3x over.

Good point. I am trying to imagine water rising during the flood, and then gradually falling afterwards. Water 3x more voluminous than the oceans being flushed back into the depths of the earth would certainly have a dramatic effect on landscape.

The only scientific theories so far from your posts are all clips to try to prove a false theory of a global flood 5.5 miles above sea level.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Really???

A recent study in 2014 (link) found massive reservoirs of water deep beneath the earth's crust. This reservoir is holding enough water to fill the volume of the earth's oceans 3x over.

Good point. I am trying to imagine water rising during the flood, and then gradually falling afterwards. Water 3x more voluminous than the oceans being flushed back into the depths of the earth would certainly have a dramatic effect on landscape.

The only scientific theories so far from your posts are all clips to try to prove a false theory of a global flood 5.5 miles above sea level.

The researchers who wrote their article know that scientific minds know that they are not referring to pure 100% water, but rather it is implied that it is an aqueous solution. Pure water only exists in a lab or after synthetic purification methods. You are further showing your ignorance of scientific discourse by thinking that any of them, or me, were trying to make the claim it is 100% water.

Not to mention, I said that there was merely 3x the amount of water below the crust before I found the article from 2023 that showed there is remarkably more water in the mantle than previous estimates. Science progresses, while the dogmatists get angry at its progression

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 11:01 AM
link   

But you said you never posted 'water' Those were in the first few posts from you. I didn't even have to go a second page.
Should I do what you do and ask for you to admit you're wrong?
No, I'm better man than that, and I don't need a threat of God punishing me either.

ETA...

From you.

Yeah it is funny how water is the most taboo topic to consider for the cause of these cataclysms.

theres more than 3x the amount of water in the mantle as there is on the surface

No the water was brought from beneath the earth where it is known to exist.

The water also came from underground vents, not just rainfall.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Yeah, we have already explained to you how those got there and how "plate tectonics" functions.

If you choose to disregard the science and supplant it with mythology and pseudoscientific mumbo jumbo that's up to you.

Anyhoo 40% of the Earth's mantle is not water and there is no evidence for a global flood.

edit on 2-1-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 11:07 AM
link   

But you said you never posted 'water' Those were in the first few posts from you.

No, I definitely said it was water and I still stand by that. I never said it was "pure" water. It most certainly is water with dissolved solutes (an aqueous solution), or what is commonly referred to as just 'water', since all minds who have studied chemistry know there will be dissolved solutes in naturally occurring water.

There is certainly water beneath the crust as shown by the recent experiment from 2023. The solubility of minerals in water in it's liquid form is very low compared to the high solubility of minerals in supercritical water.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Fluids released from slabs at different subduction depths may show large differences in chemical composition and speciation, and they can be subdivided into hydrous melts, aqueous fluids, and supercritical fluids, with the latter being released at high-temperature and high-pressure (HP) conditions

A supercritical fluid (SCF) is any substance at a temperature and pressure above its critical point, where distinct liquid and gas phases do not exist, but below the pressure required to compress it into a solid.

I tried to explain solid to solid before I lost my mind.

It takes about 14000 Megapascals to solidify supercritical water. On its own. That's 14 GPa if I have that correctly. Which is THE EXACT PRESSURE AT THE 410 discontinuity, like how'd that happen?

I've given up. It basically runs down like this though:

Inside the MTZ, while supercritical water alone is solid by the MTZ depth, a supercritical silicate-H20 is not, and has slightly deeper supercritical life inside stalled slabs.

The mixture (that can stay supercritical to higher temperatures/pressures) allows for the eventual hydroxyl transfer into the pores of rocks.

www.sciencedirect.com...

Basically they looked below the Philippine Plate and discovered the electrical conductivity was too high for JUST wadsleyite, and conjectured a stagnated slab is releasing and concentrating supercritical fluid at the roof, and due to hydrogen diffusion rates and storage capicity of the crystal explains the extra conductivity, in that one area.

They are basically observibg how hydrated slabs bring water into the transition zone, in mixtures of silicate and H20.

Which is believed to stay supercritical to depths of 525 km, at the discontinuity between wadsleyite and ringwoodite inside the MTZ.

This is still being fleshed out though.
edit on 2-1-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 11:11 AM
link   

www.britannica.com...

Plate techtonics formed them.

Deny ignorance.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33

I tried to explain solid to solid before I lost my mind.

It takes about 14000 Megapascals to solidify supercritical water. On its own. That's 14 GPa if I have that correctly. Which is THE EXACT PRESSURE AT THE 410 discontinuity, like how'd that happen?

The 2023 study I am referring to is talking about supercritical water closer to the surface, not in the mantle's transition zone. The rest of your response, while it would be interesting to discuss supercritical water in a solid state, is an irrelevant tangent because the more superficial layers of the mantle are harboring enough water in its liquid and supercritical form to be able to flood the surface of the earth.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

But you said you never posted 'water' Those were in the first few posts from you.

No, I definitely said it was water and I still stand by that. I never said it was "pure" water. It most certainly is water with dissolved solutes (an aqueous solution), or what is commonly referred to as just 'water', since all minds who have studied chemistry know there will be dissolved solutes in naturally occurring water.

There is certainly water beneath the crust as shown by the recent experiment from 2023. The solubility of minerals in water in it's liquid form is very low compared to the high solubility of minerals in supercritical water.

You're a stickler with everyone else about grammar and use of words. You said water many times, Degradation33 has been more eloquent in her explantion about it and you still refused to except the science that disproves the flood myth concerning magic 'water' from under the mantle that then magically returns..

Here come the excuses now...

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I see that you're ignoring the NASA evidence

If your using nasa as a source you asleep. Created by 33 degree mason . thelamite presists and swazze sonne SS.. This is an occultic organisation in origin.. Nothing to do with your science.. A LARP. Ritual magic for the masses. Look at the mission names..What gods do they represent. What stars,...

Stories of the great flood are found in all old cultures the world over. This is the story of your ancestry. It been hidden from by the same people that have taken control of the banks, the corporations and your government.. Its a lie.,.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

I see that you're ignoring the NASA evidence

If your using nasa as a source you asleep. Created by 33 degree mason . thelamite presists and swazze sonne SS.. This is an occultic organisation in origin.. Nothing to do with your science.. A LARP. Ritual magic for the masses. Look at the mission names..What gods do they represent. What stars,...

Stories of the great flood are found in all old cultures the world over. This is the story of your ancestry. It been hidden from by the same people that have taken control of the banks, the corporations and your government.. Its a lie.,.

Yawn...

To add.
Was a Spiritualist for many years, did a little studying of the occult, things like Golden Dawn. The real LARPING like wicca and new age crystals are all design to grap money of unsuspecting people who are blindly searching.

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join