It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rudy Giuliani ordered to pay $150 million in defamation case

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Giving an opinion is not against the law.
Stating that you have a suspicion is not against the law.
Stating as a FACT that someone did something that they didn't .. that's different.
Which did Rudy do? I'm not fully up on this.
That being said, if guilty, the penalty imposed on him is absurd.
I'm sure these two women are now rock stars to the far left.
Stars are born ...

Unwilling stars were born who were and are? receiving death threats.

I call B.S.
The left claims death threats for everything, all the time.
The left never threatens but actually does like what happened to Steve Scalise and Rand Paul.

I would however believe that the Right does threaten jail time and arrest.
Like what Trump did to Hillary and most assuredly happened to Ruby and Moss after all of us watched their3a.m. shenanigans after fake water leak.

They deserve nothing less than jail time. Everyone, right or left, should agree to that after watching their criminal actions.
You guys had 3 years to reshape the narrative for something everyone witnessed as fraud and criminal collusion.

Your new narrative holds water like a wicker basket.
And it won't float either.

I vote jail for these 2.
Maybe less if they hadn't carried on their gaslighting the public for 3 years now.
But we watched the video.
Great big no-brainer.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: FarmerSimulation

Stating as a FACT that someone did something that they didn't .. that's different.
Stars are born ...

I call B.S.
The left never threatens but actually does like what happened to Steve Scalise and Rand Paul.

Like what Trump did to Hillary and most assuredly happened to Ruby and Moss after all of us watched their3a.m. shenanigans after fake water leak.

They deserve nothing less than jail time. Everyone, right or left, should agree to that after watching their criminal actions.
You guys had 3 years to reshape the narrative for something everyone witnessed as fraud and criminal collusion.

I vote jail for these 2.
Maybe less if they hadn't carried on their gaslighting the public for 3 years now.
Great big no-brainer.

Well the people, the Jury, disagree with you so what doesn't hold water again?

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
a reply to: matafuchs

Their lives have been irrevocably changed and they're still the target of death threats.

Perhaps they should not have committed election Fraud

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

All right. They claim there were threatening messages, voice mails, phone calls, and people coming to her home with bullhorns. That's a lot for law enforcement to go on. We know that they could track down the senders of the messages, phone calls, and voice mails (thank you Edward Snowden!) if law enforcement was inclined to do so.

I would find it hard to believe in this day and age there is no video of this mob with bullhorns. If nothing else, Ms. Freeman or her daughter could have whipped out their cell phones and recorded them. Facial recognition software, license plates, etc. should have been able to identify at least one person.

So, has anyone been criminally charged for making these threats? I don't recall any stories in the media about this. I would think the media would have been all over it. Especially if it involved white, neo-Nazi, Trump supporting rednecks. MSNBC would have 24-7 coverage.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Stars are born ...

I call B.S.

I vote jail for these 2.
Great big no-brainer.

??
Your narrative!
It is obviously temporary as it works through the court system.
By next year this will be forgotten and the criminals prosecuted.
I know you know this.
Unless you never watched the footage of Ruby and Moss rerunning suitcases full of ballets after everyone else had gone home from an obviously staged water leak.

You didn't see the video footage?
And we have some voice recordings of Ruby that were publicized from after her crimes and she became remorseful but justified because she saw all the racist voters voting for Trump.
These will resurface soon.
We can talk more of it then.
This will play out just like the January 6 footage is doing to the Pelosi narrative.
I was for leniency for Freeman before.
Now that they went to gaslighting I expect serious jail time for criminal collusion and fraud
edit on 17-12-2023 by FarmerSimulation because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Stars are born ...

I call B.S.

I vote jail for these 2.
Great big no-brainer.

??
Your narrative!
It is obviously temporary as it works through the court system.
By next year this will be forgotten and the criminals prosecuted.
I know you know this.
Unless you never watched the footage of Ruby and Moss refunding suitcases full of ballets after everyone else had gone home from an obviously staged water leak.

You didn't see the video footage?
And we have some voice recordings of Ruby that were publicized from after her crimes and she became remorseful but justified because she saw all the racist voters voting for Trump.
These will resurface soon.
We can talk more of it then.
This will play out just like the January 6 footage is doing to the Pelosi narrative.
I was for leniency for Freeman before.
Now that they went to gaslighting I expect serious jail time for criminal collusion and fraud

I watched it all at the time including Republicans hand counting ballots repeatedly along with other investigations.

The jury, the people, have spoken.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
a reply to: frogs453

All right. They claim there were threatening messages, voice mails, phone calls, and people coming to her home with bullhorns. That's a lot for law enforcement to go on. We know that they could track down the senders of the messages, phone calls, and voice mails (thank you Edward Snowden!) if law enforcement was inclined to do so.

I would find it hard to believe in this day and age there is no video of this mob with bullhorns. If nothing else, Ms. Freeman or her daughter could have whipped out their cell phones and recorded them. Facial recognition software, license plates, etc. should have been able to identify at least one person.

So, has anyone been criminally charged for making these threats? I don't recall any stories in the media about this. I would think the media would have been all over it. Especially if it involved white, neo-Nazi, Trump supporting rednecks. MSNBC would have 24-7 coverage.

This is factual (a poster favorite one word argument of leftists).
There is a rumor(I may have started it, but fact it is still a rumor)
that the guy who shot up comet ping pongs computer is the one that threatened the "ladies" with texts and bullhorn.
He was seen in another state yelling at FandM with a bullhorn a true and factual rumor nonetheless.

And whatever you do DO NOT WATCH the video of the night in question and form your own opinion or you are a misogynistic racist spouting hearsay and propoganda from rightwing white supremists

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 12:17 PM
link   
These two woman aren't done yet.

“Today’s a good day. A jury stood witness to what Rudy Giuliani did to me and my daughter and held him accountable, and for that I’m thankful,” said Freeman, speaking at the court after the verdict. “Today is not the end of the road, we still have work to do. Rudy Giuliani was not the only one who spread lies about us, and others must be held accountable too. But that is tomorrow’s work.

Freeman and Moss also have a pending lawsuit against the Gateway Pundit, a far-right news outlet. Last year, they also settled with One America News, another far-right outlet. Civil rights groups are turning to defamation law as a new tool to ward off misinformation.

www.theguardian.com...
edit on q000000221231America/Chicago0303America/Chicago12 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

They didn't. And Rudy admitted as such. It's kind of a big reason why he lost this case.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 12:36 PM
link   
The problem is over there a jury gets to decide the amount of damages in defamation cases, not a Judge as happens over here.

Thing is though, if you defame someone, get sued and then admit it, you are gonna have to pay up big time.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 07:37 PM
link   

They didn't. And Rudy admitted as such. It's kind of a big reason why he lost this case.

Did he ?

He admitted to Defaming them , He did not admit to lying .

He Admitted to Hyperbole , He did not admit he Lied about anything .

These two girls while yes have been shamed and defamed in the public eye , it does not mean they are not guilty as sin. After all of all the users on ATS you love the little semantic play on words thrown around the courts . You play hide and go seek with them like in the end it really makes a difference on what the TRUTH is . Mental Gymnastics and what not.

Rudy is a Lawyer he would never admit to lying .
edit on 17-12-2023 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 08:08 PM
link   

You're sure?

In a declaration signed by Giuliani, he acknowledges that he made statements that "carry meaning that is defamatory per se" and that those comments were "actionable" and "false."

Link

False means, well, false. He made statements that were not true. However you choose to present it. He admittedly made false statements.

Again, he claimed he would present evidence and testify in this last hearing, but declined to do so the day he was to be called to testify.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453

You're sure?

In a declaration signed by Giuliani, he acknowledges that he made statements that "carry meaning that is defamatory per se" and that those comments were "actionable" and "false."

Link

False means, well, false. He made statements that were not true. However you choose to present it. He admittedly made false statements.

Again, he claimed he would present evidence and testify in this last hearing, but declined to do so the day he was to be called to testify.

Hey mate maybe you're right and maybe I'm wrong and when it comes time I have no trouble admitting it .

But a good poker player never shows his hand too early . This case is just beginning and it will continue on in appeals court .

What I do know for sure is that the 2020 election was a beautiful piece of fraud which is why I'm not counting Mob Boss Rudy out just yet . Perhaps he does have Evidence and Perhaps Trump does as well ....

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

posted on Dec, 18 2023 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

originally posted by: frogs453

You're sure?

Link

Hey mate maybe you're right and maybe I'm wrong and when it comes time I have no trouble admitting it .

But a good poker player never shows his hand too early . This case is just beginning and it will continue on in appeals court .

What I do know for sure is that the 2020 election was a beautiful piece of fraud which is why I'm not counting Mob Boss Rudy out just yet . Perhaps he does have Evidence and Perhaps Trump does as well ....

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Spot on.
The timing for all of this is for election year.
Both the left and the countermoves by the right.
The left is as predictable as a basketball player that can only dribble to his left.

Easy to prepare and defend against.

posted on Dec, 18 2023 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Anybody got the actual papers? 😀

posted on Dec, 18 2023 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: WingDingLuey

Rudy certainly doesn't have the paper to cover what he owes for due lawsuit, let alone his legal fees.

posted on Dec, 18 2023 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I call B.S.

They claim death threats and that is where it all ends at their claim. It's like unnamed sources they used in an endless stream in the past as in either case they go no where.

posted on Dec, 18 2023 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Rudy certainly doesn't have the paper to cover what he owes for due lawsuit, let alone his legal fees.

That sure seems to be the new tactic of the progressive justice system to just go after people until they run out of money with no care if convicted or not, as grinding them into bankruptcy is the goal.

Here is a good statement...

From a legal and policy point of view, encouraging the FBI to misuse its legitimate authority to investigate past crimes, solely to create future crimes is both immoral and illegal.

We can look at Gen Flynn who was forced to plead guilty due to threats while being innocent all along, but once they are after you there is no bottom to their bucket in time and money, and they know we all have limitations in both, so they win.
edit on x31Mon, 18 Dec 2023 15:11:30 -06002023351America/ChicagoMon, 18 Dec 2023 15:11:30 -06002023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2023 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Went after Flynns son also if I remember correctly. Just like other people we know. If they cannot get you they go to your family. Legal US mafia.....

posted on Dec, 18 2023 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Yeah , LAWFARE taken to the Next Level . The Goal is Not to Uphold Laws and Convict Guilty Party's , but to Bankrupt your Political Enemies out of Spite.....

edit on 18-12-2023 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join