It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rudy Giuliani ordered to pay $150 million in defamation case

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 10:44 PM
link   
the judgement is absurd...

that large an amount against a citizen is about silencing further dissent nothing about justice.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

that large an amount against a citizen is about silencing further dissent nothing about justice.

I think you're right. They seem to be sending a message to anybody who dares to think they cal possibly 'clean the swamp' out entire political system has become; either play by their rules or kiss your life goodbye.

It's sad how so few people can see what's really happening to our country. One day, even the most trusting among us will have to admit they've lost any symbalance of freedom.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Another railroad hit job by the corrupt Leftists.
Can’t wait for the country to be taken back from them.

Our 24-hour dictator has all orders ready to be set in motion, commencing 1/20/2025.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 11:18 PM
link   

They're more common than we realize, but most are against corporations. Like CNN paying $150 million for saying something weird about a kid who resisted punching a liberal in the nose.

Why was this defamation case handled in D.C., when the election workers were out of Georgia?

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

I think you're right. They seem to be sending a message to anybody who dares to think they cal possibly 'clean the swamp' out entire political system has become; either play by their rules or kiss your life goodbye.

It's sad how so few people can see what's really happening to our country. One day, even the most trusting among us will have to admit they've lost any symbalance of freedom.

This judgment was made by the Jury, not the court, or the "justice department".

So the "they" you seem to be criticizing are, actually, just average citizens like yourself.

But yes, I would have to agree; the jury in question does seem to be earnestly sending the message " either play by the rules (ie, the rule of law), or kiss your life/freedom/wealth/influence goodbye.

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOS

originally posted by: Mahogani
What a fall of the American Mayor. And for what? What was he going to achieve with those lies?

First he loses his license to practice law, now a penalty he'll never be able to pay. He already owes millions to the lawyers who represented him in all these cases, and they have already filed lawsuits against him for the money he owes them.

Free speech is protected. Lying and attacking people with those lies is not protected speech. We have other examples.

Giuliani - $149 million
Fox News - $787 million
Alex Jones - $1.5 billion

Would you lay it all on the line like that unless you thought you were right in what you were claiming?

In all the cases I listed in that post -- Giuliani, FOX, Alex Jones -- they knew they were lying and it was proven so in court. That is why the damages are so large. It's punishment for knowing you're lying and still going ahead with it, and damaging and endangering lives.

Giuliani admitted to lying, said so, but he also claimed it was protected speech. It is not, the court said. Not when you intentionally lie and hurt people.

In the FOX case, even Murdoch admitted they were lying and he didn't stop it. A lot of other evidence and correspondence between the FOX staff showed in court they knew they were lying.

Alex Jones never admitted to lying, but he was caught lying in court, on the stand, and was facing perjury charges. That did not help him at all, and it proved he was a liar.

eta: I think Elon Musk is next for a large lawsuit. He falsely accused and attacked this woman and endangered her life, the same way as others above. I wouldn't be surprised at all if a lawsuit was in the works. And Musk can pay it, whatever the damages are. She is still at an undisclosed location, due to these threats he caused.

edit on 16-12-2023 by Mahogani because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 01:07 AM
link   
On no planet is the universe is this fair. Look. If you want to hand down judgement, hurt someone a little bit, I understand. Teach a lesson.

If I was on that jury I would have recommended 500k. Maybe a million. I am sure the calls and threats were bad but they were not hurt.

150 million dollars?

Clown World.

edit on Decam31amf0000002023-12-16T01:08:19-06:000119 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

150 million dollars?

Clown World.

Bidenflation hit the pocketbooks everywhere it seems.

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 02:00 AM
link   

That Ruling will be Overturned According to Ex DA Rudy Giuliani . He Knows the LAW .

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Mahogani

ahhh, so all the lies told about Trump, he should be entitled to billions over the next few years. he should be allowed to directly sue Hillary Clinton and Obama as well as Rachel Maddow, Don Lemon, CNN executives who are on video admitting they target Trump and so many others.

The Steele Dossier was completely fabricated using a foreign agent. Anyone and everyone involved must be ordered to pay millions upon millions, not to mention prison time for continuing their attempts to unseat a sitting POTUS on the behest of their Euro-Atlantic Monarchs and financial elites.

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 06:17 AM
link   

You seem to be ignoring the fact that Giuliani provided absolutely nothing during discovery. If he had all of this evidence, that was the time to submit it. He didn't.

He is also the one that chose not to testify after talking about how he was going to prove he wasn't liable with his testimony.

He had every chance to make his case and he chose not to take them. And as a result he will die a broken man with zero dollars to his name.

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021

originally posted by: nugget1

This judgment was made by the Jury, not the court, or the "justice department".

So the "they" you seem to be criticizing are, actually, just average citizens like yourself.

But yes, I would have to agree; the jury in question does seem to be earnestly sending the message " either play by the rules (ie, the rule of law), or kiss your life/freedom/wealth/influence goodbye.

I wasn't talking about this latest incident. We can go back decades and see how the laws and the courts have been changed, yet are either overtly lenient or not enforced at all against just one political persuasion.

Both parties and their supporters commit the same crimes; one walks without charges, the other has their soul sucked out and fed to the MSM so half the country can cheer on another victroy in corruption for their team.

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

ahhh, so all the lies told about Trump, he should be entitled to billions over the next few years. he should be allowed to directly sue Hillary Clinton and Obama as well as Rachel Maddow, Don Lemon, CNN executives who are on video admitting they target Trump and so many others.

The Steele Dossier was completely fabricated using a foreign agent. Anyone and everyone involved must be ordered to pay millions upon millions, not to mention prison time for continuing their attempts to unseat a sitting POTUS on the behest of their Euro-Atlantic Monarchs and financial elites.

My sentiments exactly .

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 12:43 PM
link   

On no planet is the universe is this fair. Look. If you want to hand down judgement, hurt someone a little bit, I understand. Teach a lesson.

If I was on that jury I would have recommended 500k. Maybe a million. I am sure the calls and threats were bad but they were not hurt.

150 million dollars?

Clown World.

One of Giuliani's apartments in New York is valued at $6.5 million dollars. He has many other investments and properties.

The penalty is huge, but he almost got people killed. And they still may get hurt at some point, it's not over for them.

Their lives are #ed for the rest of their lives, decades probably. They may have calculated punishment as $1million for each year of their remaining lives they have to live in fear.

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

You're not understanding this case.

Lies are protected speech. You can lie all you want as long as you don't hurt anyone or cause them real, actual harm. Causing harm, endangering lives and almost getting people killed... that is not protected speech.

You get the difference, now?

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 12:57 PM
link   

150 million dollars?

Clown World.

Couldn't Rudy set up a go fund me page so his sympathizers can pay the bill?

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
The democrats are pushing dictatorship in America silencing the voices of the opposition, the chargers are ridiculous and to tell the truth the two women will never see a penny out of it.

Nah. This is nothing new. If you make up damning lies about someone, and broadcast said lies to the entire world, you can be sued for it.

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 01:43 PM
link   
"Giuliani attorney Joseph Sibley conceded that his client had wronged Freeman and Moss, but implored jurors to levy a more measured penalty than the "catastrophic" sum requested by the plaintiffs."

So, he conceded liability and it was just for the jury to determine the amount of damages he had to pay.

Yet, having admitted defaming them he is now bleating about not being able to present evidence of him not being liable?

What a plonker.

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

"That Ruling will be Overturned According to Ex DA Rudy Giuliani . He Knows the LAW ."

Despite all evidence to the contrary?

Is he debarred yet?

It's 99% of lawyers that give the rest of us a bad name.

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
"Giuliani attorney Joseph Sibley conceded that his client had wronged Freeman and Moss, but implored jurors to levy a more measured penalty than the "catastrophic" sum requested by the plaintiffs."

So, he conceded liability and it was just for the jury to determine the amount of damages he had to pay.

Yet, having admitted defaming them he is now bleating about not being able to present evidence of him not being liable?

What a plonker.

if he's taking advice from someone who looks like this, then stupidity is in ample supply

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join