It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rudy Giuliani ordered to pay $150 million in defamation case

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 07:52 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

A Washington, DC, jury has ordered Rudy Giuliani to pay nearly $150 million to two Georgia election workers for the harm caused by defamatory statements he made about them following the 2020 election. Ruby Freeman was awarded $16,171,000 for defamation and $20 million for emotional distress. Shaye Moss, Freeman’s daughter, was awarded $16,998,000 for defamation and $20 million for emotional distress. The jury also awarded $75 million in punitive damages to both plaintiffs. Giuliani watched intently as the verdict was read, using a stylus on a touch-screen device, apparently taking down notes on the figures he’d been ordered to pay. After leaving the courtroom, the former New York mayor and onetime attorney to former President Donald Trump vowed to appeal.

Notice what they do not mention a single time in the entire article is the Automatic Ruling made by the Judge on the Case . A ruling made without looking at any of the evidence Giuliani attempted to Provide .

Giuliani and his Lawyers have repeated several times they have Evidence to back up his claims and yet , No evidence was admitted to the case.

The Judge and Jury simply make a ridiculous Judgment of $150,000,000 and move on like nothing else matters .

The article goes on to point out Giuliani's inability to pay the money and his imminent bankruptcy blah blah blah . The DOJ has lost it's mind

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

How fast these "default/summary/directed" judgements are coming and being used.....

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 08:09 PM
link   

This specific hearing was not about determining guilt or innocence as that had already been established.
I am not sure how you are confusing what just happened with a determination of guilt.

Keep in mind, the point of these proceedings wasn’t to determine whether Giuliani defamed Freeman and Moss with a series of dangerous lies in the wake of the 2020 elections. In July, the Republican lawyer signed a statement conceding that he made “false” statements about the two women. A judge soon after agreed that the GOP lawyer did, in fact, defame Freeman and Moss, leading to court proceedings that would determine how much he owed the plaintiffs.

www.msnbc.com...

This was to determine how much he was going to pay.

The jury that has been deliberating the amount of damages Rudy Giuliani will have to pay for his defamatory statements targeting Ruby Freeman and Shaye Moss has reached a decision.

Jurors are commonly tasked with a binary decision: guilt or innocence. But because Giuliani has already been found liable for defaming Freeman and Moss, jurors are left to determine the full scope of damages -- in essence, to put a dollar figure on the cost of Giuliani's lies.

abcnews.go.com...

edit on 2023pAmerica/Chicago3108-06:00PM by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 08:12 PM
link   
What a fall of the American Mayor. And for what? What was he going to achieve with those lies?

First he loses his license to practice law, now a penalty he'll never be able to pay. He already owes millions to the lawyers who represented him in all these cases, and they have already filed lawsuits against him for the money he owes them.

Free speech is protected. Lying and attacking people with those lies is not protected speech. We have other examples.

Giuliani - $149 million
Fox News - $787 million
Alex Jones - $1.5 billion

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I am not sure how you are confusing what just happened with a determination of guilt.

I don't recall confusing anything .

I'm simply posting the story and putting in a few bits RELIABLE CNN left out

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogani
What a fall of the American Mayor. And for what? What was he going to achieve with those lies?

First he loses his license to practice law, now a penalty he'll never be able to pay. He already owes millions to the lawyers who represented him in all these cases, and they have already filed lawsuits against him for the money he owes them.

Free speech is protected. Lying and attacking people with those lies is not protected speech. We have other examples.

Giuliani - $149 million
Fox News - $787 million

All this under the purview of the most corrupt DOJ and Administration the United States has ever seen .

Can't say I'm surprised ..... but by all means do continue .

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Rigged Juries?

Jury Advisors?

Blackmail?

The Appeal will dwindle the whole case. 🦘️

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 08:24 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Another railroad hit job by the corrupt Leftists.
Can’t wait for the country to be taken back from them.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Another railroad hit job by the corrupt Leftists.
Can’t wait for the country to be taken back from them.

Soon mate .

These Leftist are blind out of one eye and that is their Narcissism , their end is coming .

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

g
Except what you are trying to add is incorrect .

Again, what happened this week with Giuliani was not a determination of guilt or innocence. He had already confessed to being guilty. This was a hearing to determine the amount he would pay in punitive damages.

Everyone makes mistakes or reads things wrong, safe to assume that is what happened on this thread. The alt being that you are trying to mislead people and I can only think of 1 user here that does that.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

g

Again, what happened this week with Giuliani was not a determination of guilt or innocence. He had already confessed to being guilty. This was a hearing to determine the amount he would pay in punitive damages.

Everyone makes mistakes or reads things wrong, safe to assume that is what happened on this thread. The alt being that you are trying to mislead people and I can only think of 1 user here that does that.

Firstly I'm not misleading anyone and I never will .

Second , I'm providing the article with the added fact of a DEFAULT RULING that the article completely leaves out .

And finally and most importantly if you can only think of one user that misleads people then you must be that user. That or you are lying to yourself . Only a Fool does that , Are you a Fool ?
edit on 15-12-2023 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Giuliani - $149 million
Fox News - $787 million

All this under the purview of the most corrupt DOJ and Administration the United States has ever seen .

Nope.

This happened in a DC court. That's roughly the equivalent of a state level court except that it is governed by Congress. The Administration and DOJ has nothing to do with it.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 09:00 PM
link   
The democrats are pushing dictatorship in America silencing the voices of the opposition, the chargers are ridiculous and to tell the truth the two women will never see a penny out of it.

But the statement has been made, "go against the ruling power and you will be bankrupted to dead"

That is the new way to impose totalitarian rule, the idiots still do not get it, what is going on in our nation under the democrats is unprecedented and to leave long lasting repercussions to freedom of speech.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947

Giuliani - $149 million
Fox News - $787 million

Nope.

This happened in a DC court. That's roughly the equivalent of a state level court except that it is governed by Congress. The Administration and DOJ has nothing to do with it.

Shhhhhhhh I still remember last night

I'm not taking you serious any longer.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Even though this was not about guilt, as it was pointed out that Rudy admitted he did not speak the truth about these women previously, he was welcome to testify. He claimed he would do so and would be providing proof of various things including fraud. He changed his mind and did not testify.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Giuliani - $149 million
Fox News - $787 million

Would you lay it all on the line like that unless you thought you were right in what you were claiming?

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

g

Firstly I'm not misleading anyone and I never will .

Second , I'm providing the article with the added fact of a DEFAULT RULING that the article completely leaves out .

And finally and most importantly if you can only think of one user that misleads people then you must be that user. That or you are lying to yourself . Only a Fool does that , Are you a Fool ?

At least you are practicing extreme ownership and saying you are adding to the article.

Still why should the article mention a default ruling when it is not relevant to this specific ruling?

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 09:45 PM
link   

So when does Hillary’s “deplorable” case hit the docket?

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Hmm Mobsters throwing out Mobsters prove me wrong!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join