It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Florida law allows the death penalty for child rapists

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Muldar

A dead body is a very different story to a tale.

If you can find it.
If it's intact when you do.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: Muldar

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Still you're unable to justify how a child rapist will now commit murder

There's no justification other than self-preservation.

And if we take into account the psychological makeup of a rapist is it really a farfetched idea that their deviancy and selfishness would not extend to killing for self-preservation?

Again as above because your argument seems to be the same and with the same levels of absurdity.

As if killing a child cannot get you the death penalty and as if there is no way to determine if rape had been committed before the act of killing. Or even after that...

According to you you will now rape and kill and you will pray to God you are not get caught...

If you rape and kill then you definitely going to get the the death penalty.

Your posts seem to be more of a confused nature, so I will end this by saying...I believe it is NOT farfetched that the psychological state of a rapist would change to become more violent or self-preserving with the death penalty hanging over their head.

The manufactured confusion is all yours.

Trying to argue that a blood path is now under the way because child rapists could be sentenced to death is a ridiculous argument and you know it.

Still you're unable to justify how a child rapist will now commit murder, and because of this massive unsubstantiated assertion, the death penalty shouldn't be applied in cases of child rape.

As if killing a child cannot get you the death penalty and as if there is no way to determine if rape had been committed before the act of killing, or even after that.

You have made a range of terrible arguments.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 03:00 PM
link   

A dead body is a very different story to a tale.

If you can find it.
If it's intact when you do.

Still you're unable to justify how a child rapist will now commit murder, and because of this massive unsubstantiated assertion, the death penalty shouldn't be applied in cases of child rape.

As if killing a child cannot get you the death penalty and as if there is no way to determine if rape had been committed before the act of killing, or even after that.

I am sure they will like to listen to you both in the Senate and House as they probably realised they made a mistake by not considering the coming epidemic of rape and killings of young childs that are expected to grow exponentially because of your very substantiated hypothesis...

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: tanstaafl

Practices like burning witches were abandoned, too. For good reason.

False equivalency much?

Rotflmao!

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 04:10 PM
link   

But you were the one who wanted to go all Medieval?

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 04:11 PM
link   

The doctrine of outlawry was alive and well during the American old west... you never heard of outlaws? It was far more than just a word.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I see you try to go off topic at every single chance. You need to look at this problem because it shows some psychological need you seem to be having that is probably unsatisfied.

Take a look at the wonderful claims made in this thread first.

A child rapist will now commit murder, and because of this massive unsubstantiated assertion, the death penalty shouldn't be applied in cases of child rape.

Now it has been argued child rapists will go even further and commit murder to cover up their traces. As if murdering a child cannot get you the death penalty and as if there is no way to determine if someone has been raped before being killed or even after.

It hasn't crossed their mind that if the death penalty is there then maybe they will think about it before raping a child and raping and killing it afterwards.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Excuse me?

Your arguments seem confused.

I have not suggested or argued for any of that.

Pretty sick of you putting words into my mouth that I have never said.

I wasn't even replying to you.

"I see you try to go off topic at every single chance. You need to look at this problem because it shows some psychological need you seem to be having that is probably unsatisfied."

What the Hell are you trying to suggest?!!!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Never heard of "outlawry" but thanks for the education.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 04:28 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 04:37 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

(post by Muldar removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 05:05 PM
link   
There is no evidence the death penalty deters violent crime.

The death penalty has no deterrent effect. Claims that each execution deters a certain number of murders have been thoroughly discredited by social science research. People commit murders largely in the heat of passion, under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or because they are mentally ill, giving little or no thought to the possible consequences of their acts. The few murderers who plan their crimes beforehand — for example, professional executioners — intend and expect to avoid punishment altogether by not getting caught. Some self-destructive individuals may even hope they will be caught and executed.

Death penalty laws falsely convince the public that government has taken effective measures to combat crime and homicide. In reality, such laws do nothing to protect us or our communities from the acts of dangerous criminals.

www.aclu.org...

Bread (free food) and circuses (arenas).

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 06:26 PM
link   

ATTENTION...please read before posting further....

BE AWARE THAT IF YOUR POST IS NOT ON TOPIC AND/OR IS ABOUT OTHER MEMBERS YOU MAY BE ABOUT TO HAVE POSTS REMOVED. OR YOU MAY BE TEMPORARILY POST BANNED!
AND, PLEASE REMEMBER THERE IS NO MORE MUD PIT....MUD NOT ALLOWED.

Everyone and I mean everyone is allowed to post here on topic and to do so without being called names or becoming the target of others' posts. Debate the topic and leave each other out of it. OPPOSING VIEWPOINTS are encouraged.

These rules apply to all threads and if you want to engage in personal attacks there are other sites on the Internet where you can do that. Our goal is for ATS to be above that. For members here to post like mature adults.
YOU are responsible for your own posts

And, as always...
Do not reply to this post.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 06:43 PM
link   

There is no evidence the death penalty deters violent crime.

The death penalty has no deterrent effect. Claims that each execution deters a certain number of murders have been thoroughly discredited by social science research. People commit murders largely in the heat of passion, under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or because they are mentally ill, giving little or no thought to the possible consequences of their acts. The few murderers who plan their crimes beforehand — for example, professional executioners — intend and expect to avoid punishment altogether by not getting caught. Some self-destructive individuals may even hope they will be caught and executed.

Death penalty laws falsely convince the public that government has taken effective measures to combat crime and homicide. In reality, such laws do nothing to protect us or our communities from the acts of dangerous criminals.

www.aclu.org...

Bread (free food) and circuses (arenas).

I think you need to make your claim known to both the Senate and House in Florida that voted overwhelmingly in favour of the bill that had now become law.

From the OP

The vast majority of republicans and democrats did approve the bill both in the Senate and House which shows clearly what politicians and much of our society thinks of child rape and child rapists. The measure was approved by 34-5 in the Senate and by 95-14 in the House.

The vast majority of republicans and democrats clearly see the death penalty as a fair punishment in some cases against child rapists.

The arguments made earlier have no merits. Still you're unable to justify how a child rapist will now commit murder, and because of this massive unsubstantiated assertion, the death penalty shouldn't be applied in cases of child rape.

Or the reference to the blood baths you made.
There is no coming blood bath. The reality is that a law has been introduced to punish child rapists. That's nothing new. Child rapists usually receive harsh punishments around the globe as the crime is considered to be hideous.
edit on 4-10-2023 by Muldar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 07:08 PM
link   

And you're still unable to "justify" what's to stop a child rapist from committing murder, since child rape and murder carry the same punishment, death by execution.

edit on 4-10-2023 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 07:13 PM
link   

And you're still unable to "justify" what's to stop a child rapist from committing murder, since child rape and murder carry the same punishment, death by execution.

I didn't make that claim though.
It's yours and you should be able to substantiate it not just throw an unsubstantiated assertion as fact.

I am sure they will like to listen to you both in the Senate and House as they probably realised they made a mistake by not considering the coming epidemic of rape and killings of young childs that are expected to grow exponentially because of your hypothesis.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 07:38 PM
link   

You made the claim that child rapist won't resort to murder, since child rape and murder are now both death penalty crimes, to save their lives by preventing their victim from telling on them by murdering them. But, you've failed to explain your justification for that assertion.

Did you know, approximately 20 percent of women who die during pregnancy are victims of murder?
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 4-10-2023 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 08:24 PM
link   

You made the claim that child rapist won't resort to murder, since child rape and murder are now both death penalty crimes, to save their lives by preventing their victim from telling on them by murdering them. But, you've failed to explain your justification for that assertion.

Did you know, approximately 20 percent of women who die during pregnancy are victims of murder?
en.wikipedia.org...

No. I said there is no evidence they will resort to murder answering your assertion. There is a big difference on this.

The claim is yours and it's fully unsubstantiated. It's an assertion that has been propagated as fact and only you and quintissentone have supported it. There is zero merit on it and you brought yourself in a very difficult position by going about it as if it is a fact.

The thread isn't about unsubstantiated assertions just like the one you made but about facts. And it's a fact the death penalty can be applied to child rapists in Florida.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 08:52 PM
link   

And it's a fact the death penalty can be applied to child rapists in Florida.

That doesn't mean that the law isn't controversial and unconstitutional. It will dissuade people from reporting rape, as well as it being a harmful law for rape victims and their families. Not to mention, the law is just wrong, wrong, wrong.

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join