It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Florida law allows the death penalty for child rapists

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Moon68

You are wrong.

There is a federal death penalty. So your assertion that the feds say it's unconstitutional is objectively false.

Nope.

Kennedy v. Louisiana, 554 U.S. 407 (2008), is a landmark decision by the Supreme Court of the United States which held that the Eighth Amendment's Cruel and Unusual Punishments Clause prohibits the imposition of the death penalty for a crime in which the victim did not die and the victim's death was not intended.

en.wikipedia.org...

I could not find it readily to reply to that member.

You said the fed government determined the death penalty to be unconstitutional. You were wrong.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 02:08 PM
link   

The claim " the fed government saying it's unconstitutional" in regards to the death penalty to which you quoted my response. My response was, indeed, correct.

What?

FACT: The Florida law defies the SCOTUS ruling, making the law unconstitutional.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96
a reply to: quintessentone

Oh no, someone on the internet said a mean thing to me.

Guess I better do what the young generation would do and demand you be cancelled and go cry in my safe place

And now the belittling routine. You are so predictable.

Oh no, someone on the internet said a harmful and hateful thing to me so I will complain and have the platform owners to deal with that person breaking the T&C as the owners have instructed because we don't want their kind here. Done and done.
edit on q000000131031America/Chicago1313America/Chicago10 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Muldar

Just tired of the putrid BS that spews from every orifice in yalls bodies

Yet you keep coming back for more. Says more about you than me. lol

Perhaps you need to take a look that you have been trying to argue child rapists shouldn't receive the death penalty because this is a blood sport.

I didn't say that, I said with certain Floridians leaning in certain political directions the jury may be swayed to vote 'yes' more often than not for the death penalty, thereby making it into a blood sport.

You made references to blood sports and that's very unfortunate.

And...

Still you're unable to justify how a child rapist will now commit murder, and because of this massive unsubstantiated assertion, the death penalty shouldn't be applied in cases of child rape.As if killing a child cannot get you the death penalty and as if there is no way to determine if rape had been committed before the act of killing.

link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

According to you and Quint, the rapist will now try to kill their victims, so the SCOTUS ruling does apply

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 02:11 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moon68

You are wrong.

There is a federal death penalty. So your assertion that the feds say it's unconstitutional is objectively false.

Nope.

Kennedy v. Louisiana, 554 U.S. 407 (2008), is a landmark decision by the Supreme Court of the United States which held that the Eighth Amendment's Cruel and Unusual Punishments Clause prohibits the imposition of the death penalty for a crime in which the victim did not die and the victim's death was not intended.

en.wikipedia.org...

You said the fed government determined the death penalty to be unconstitutional. You were wrong.

So you have any sources to back up your claim?

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 02:12 PM
link   

The claim " the fed government saying it's unconstitutional" in regards to the death penalty to which you quoted my response. My response was, indeed, correct.

What?

FACT: The Florida law defies the SCOTUS ruling, making the law unconstitutional.

Please keep up dear. Here's the quote in it's entirety:

"The controversy of the death penalty is the topic is it not?

The controversies are many, some lie with the victims/victims families feeling killing the perp does nothing to address the underlying problems nor does it provide any avenues of healing for the victim; the fed government saying it's unconstitutional; Florida politicians throwing meat to their voter base (political reasons), polluting jury members, etc.

The point or question is, does the death penalty really deter crime?"

The implication, as I am reading is that death penalty has been deemed unconstitutional by the feds, which it has not.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Just tired of the putrid BS that spews from every orifice in yalls bodies

Yet you keep coming back for more. Says more about you than me. lol

Perhaps you need to take a look that you have been trying to argue child rapists shouldn't receive the death penalty because this is a blood sport.

I didn't say that, I said with certain Floridians leaning in certain political directions the jury may be swayed to vote 'yes' more often than not for the death penalty, thereby making it into a blood sport.

You made references to blood sports and that's very unfortunate.

And...

Still you're unable to justify how a child rapist will now commit murder, and because of this massive unsubstantiated assertion, the death penalty shouldn't be applied in cases of child rape.As if killing a child cannot get you the death penalty and as if there is no way to determine if rape had been committed before the act of killing.

Stop glossing over my replies and twisting my words. Possibility vs. probability is my answer and you didn't answer my question. Will the death penalty be a deterrent?

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 02:15 PM
link   

According to you and Quint, the rapist will now try to kill their victims, so the SCOTUS ruling does apply

No, the rapist may choose to kill the victim...possibility vs. probability.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 02:15 PM
link   

You are wrong.

Nope.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org... United_States_federal_government

deathpenaltyinfo.org... ty

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Not what you said earlier....

"they have no other choice but murder and hiding the body"

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Please keep up dear.

Yes, ditto. Please keep up!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 02:21 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

That observation was first cited here, by ArMaP

originally posted by: ArMaP
I am against death penalty, and in this particular case, if a child rapist knows they can get the death sentence by raping a child, what stops them from killing the child, as the punishment is the same?

edit on 4-10-2023 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 02:24 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Were we talking about ArMaP,?

Nope

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Please keep up dear.

Yes, ditto. Please keep up!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You have been unable to justify this hypothesis of yours.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 02:29 PM
link   

What?

Please keep up dear. Here's the quote in it's entirety:

"The controversy of the death penalty is the topic is it not?

The controversies are many, some lie with the victims/victims families feeling killing the perp does nothing to address the underlying problems nor does it provide any avenues of healing for the victim; the fed government saying it's unconstitutional; Florida politicians throwing meat to their voter base (political reasons), polluting jury members, etc.

The point or question is, does the death penalty really deter crime?"

The implication, as I am reading is that death penalty has been deemed unconstitutional by the feds, which it has not.

Those were my words.

Coker v. Georgia (1977)
The sentence of death for the crime of rape violates the Eighth Amendment.

supreme.justia.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 02:30 PM
link   

You are wrong.

Nope.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org... United_States_federal_government

deathpenaltyinfo.org... ty

Both sources go nowhere.

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join