It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Florida law allows the death penalty for child rapists

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 01:52 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muldar
a reply to: quintessentone

Still you're unable to justify how a child rapist will now commit murder, and because of this massive unsubstantiated assertion, the death penalty shouldn't be applied in cases of child rape.

It's really troubling to me you have adopted the lines of another member, namely Sookiechacha.

As I said before, and that you glossed over, it's a theory and may happen or may not happen - possibility vs. probability.

And again you ignore what some victim's and the victim's families have to say about the death penalty not being a deterring factor and how the government is not assisting them in the healing process. Especially in Florida, should a child become pregnant the privacy and rights of that child and parents are taken away with red tape. It's sickening.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 01:54 PM
link   

The only thing you ve done is to expose your arguments by claiming a child rapist is now more likely to kill their victims and as a result the death penalty shouldn't exist for child rapists

No, not more likely...a possibility. You are twisting words of members here, as usual.
edit on q000000541031America/Chicago5757America/Chicago10 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: PorkChop96

Just tired of the putrid BS that spews from every orifice in yalls bodies

Yet you keep coming back for more. Says more about you than me. lol

Perhaps you need to take a look that you have been trying to argue child rapists shouldn't receive the death penalty because this is a blood sport.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Wow more generalizing from the left!! What a surprise

Just because his son was picked up and charged with possession does not mean he was using.

Also the difference between one who took accountability for himself and got the care he needed. Can we say the same for Hunter? Not a ice cubes chance in hell

Yes, because you are such a Trump spokesperson there Sookie.

Trump Sookie 2024!!!!!!!
edit on 4-10-2023 by PorkChop96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: PorkChop96

Wrong!

Robert Downey Jr. Talks About Addiction and Passing It to His Son

He even got his own son addicted to crack-coc aine!

Trump calls for ‘quick’ death penalty for drug dealers as he describes US ‘going to hell very fast’

Whoops! By-by RDJ! RIP

What do you think Sook, should Florida built an arena for public witnessing of executions with free food? I mean this might deter crime, would it not?

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Still you're unable to justify how a child rapist will now commit murder, and because of this massive unsubstantiated assertion, the death penalty shouldn't be applied in cases of child rape.

It's really troubling to me you have adopted the lines of another member, namely Sookiechacha.

As I said before, and that you glossed over, it's a theory and may happen or may not happen - possibility vs. probability.

And again you ignore what some victim's and the victim's families have to say about the death penalty not being a deterring factor and how the government is not assisting them in the healing process. Especially in Florida, should a child become pregnant the privacy and rights of that child and parents are taken away with red tape. It's sickening.

It's an unsubstantiated hypothesis that you and Sookiechacha relied on to push your entire rhetoric.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Moon68

You are wrong.

There is a federal death penalty. So your assertion that the feds say it's unconstitutional is objectively false.

Nope.

Kennedy v. Louisiana, 554 U.S. 407 (2008), is a landmark decision by the Supreme Court of the United States which held that the Eighth Amendment's Cruel and Unusual Punishments Clause prohibits the imposition of the death penalty for a crime in which the victim did not die and the victim's death was not intended.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Wrong!

Trump calls for ‘quick’ death penalty for drug dealers as he describes US ‘going to hell very fast’

Whoops! By-by RDJ! RIP

You should've read the interview Sookie. He blames his genetic propensity for addictive behavior that he inherited from his parents and passed it along.

link   

First decent idea you have ever had, somewhat proud of you

Good goin slugger

link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Practices like burning witches were abandoned, too. For good reason.

link   

Just tired of the putrid BS that spews from every orifice in yalls bodies

Yet you keep coming back for more. Says more about you than me. lol

Perhaps you need to take a look that you have been trying to argue child rapists shouldn't receive the death penalty because this is a blood sport.

I didn't say that, I said with certain Floridians leaning in certain political directions the jury may be swayed to vote 'yes' more often than not for the death penalty, thereby making it into a blood sport.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 01:59 PM
link   

It's an unsubstantiated hypothesis that you and Sookiechacha relied on to push your entire rhetoric.

We never claimed it as fact. Can you define what a theory or hypothesis is?

What is possibility vs. probability?

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 02:00 PM
link   

You are wrong.

There is a federal death penalty. So your assertion that the feds say it's unconstitutional is objectively false.

Nope.

Kennedy v. Louisiana, 554 U.S. 407 (2008), is a landmark decision by the Supreme Court of the United States which held that the Eighth Amendment's Cruel and Unusual Punishments Clause prohibits the imposition of the death penalty for a crime in which the victim did not die and the victim's death was not intended.

en.wikipedia.org...

I could not find it readily to reply to that member.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Robert Downey Junior did not 'get his son addicted to crack'.
He had no part in his son taking crack.
Downey has been sober since 2003. That's 20 years.

Robert Downey Junior Incredible Comeback from Addiction

A great Hollywood comeback story, Robert Downey Jr. is now one of the most bankable and highly paid actors in show business, starring in blockbuster comic book films like Iron Man and The Avengers as Iron Man—a role he continued in 2019’s box-office juggernaut Avengers: Endgame.

Downey’s wife Susan Downey (née Levin) told Harper’s Bazaar that he quit drugs for good in 2003 after she gave him an ultimatum. Apparently, it stuck. According to a 2013 Daily Mail article, the actor credits a combination of 12-step programs, yoga, meditation and therapy with keeping him sober.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 02:01 PM
link   

First decent idea you have ever had, somewhat proud of you

Good goin slugger

Can't say the same for you.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Wrong!

Whoops! By-by RDJ! RIP

What do you think Sook, should Florida built an arena for public witnessing of executions with free food? I mean this might deter crime, would it not?

Yeah! And let's throw that groomer Mickey Mouse in there with lots of alligators!

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 02:02 PM
link   

You are wrong.

Nope.

en.wikipedia.org...

The claim " the fed government saying it's unconstitutional" in regards to the death penalty to which you quoted my response. My response was, indeed, correct.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Still you're unable to justify how a child rapist will now commit murder, and because of this massive unsubstantiated assertion, the death penalty shouldn't be applied in cases of child rape. As if killing a child cannot get you the death penalty and as if there is no way to determine if rape had been committed before the act of killing.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Oh no, someone on the internet said a mean thing to me.

Guess I better do what the young generation would do and demand you be cancelled and go cry in my safe place

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join