It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps says Shooting Shoplifters will solve the problem

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

our own (UK) issues are far more acute than just shoplifting as i am sure the us problems are more than just that, in some town centres sexual assaults are getting as common as shoplifting as are violent assaults.. in Brighton the sex assaults per week are near the yearly totals a couple of decades ago.

into this complex mix trump comes out with a simple shoot them ie swift and firm justice.. that'll resonate far more with those living in fear than those thinking of shoplifting.

putting brand to one side the cps refuse to even prosecute coppers who are sexually involved with 14 year olds.. the chances of getting anything on brand is remote and given the precedents set by judges a conviction is even lower..

we are in the same space anyone who can convince the public they'll make them safer will get a huge chunk of the vote its why Susan the conservative is within 1% of khan in the London elections and blue Blair Johnson could easily sweep back into office all he has to do is back conservative policies.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

If they win on appeal, do they get their hand stitched back on?

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
nypost.com...

Former President Donald Trump promised to “immediately stop all of the pillaging and theft” if he is returned to the White House – by calling on police to open fire on shoplifters

Wow, I have so many thoughts on this I don’t even know where to begin.
#1, yes it would work fantastic if we could trust our police to make good decisions. Obviously we can’t based on thousands and thousands of videos, lawsuits etc.
Also what the heck happened to innocent until proven guilty. I have been accused of shoplifting, my mom has and also my sister.
NONE of us have ever shoplifted in our lives. How many people have left a store and the security buzzer goes off, does that give an overzealous cop the right to shoot you?
Have you seen all the Walmart Videos, how many of those people would be dead with no good reason?
#2, What if there’s a gang of shoplifters in a store and and an innocent person is trying to flee. I’ve seen so many videos of this happening.
#3, Why stop at shoplifters, how about people that don’t pay their workers, or financial crimes? I mean if we are going after small crimes what is the price for Big financial crimes?

This is again why I like being neither a Dem or a Republican..

and finally #4………. How to solve the problem, which we have ALREADY have solved in the past. When people shoplift, YOU PUNISH them with actual jail time. You don’t slap them on the wrist. You put them away and make them not want to commit the crime again.

Pretty sure Trump wasn’t talking about old ladies or teeny boppers or moms with kids.

Pretty sure he was referring to the the gangs of men ransacking and terrorizing stores, buses, trains, neighborhoods.

We’re only talking about this brand new phenomenon of complete intimidation of people by gangs in stores and other public places, as a means of robbery. Not random things that you don’t like.

But do go on. We all love a treatise full of fake claims and misdirection.
edit on 2-10-2023 by stevieray because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: stevieray

Pretty sure Trump made another sensationalized statement with no specifics, research or facts to back it up. Did he also say this would cost nothing?

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 02:07 PM
link   

That's a great idea until the shoplifters start shooting back and kill innocent shoppers.

Don't be naive and think they aren't armed as well. It's gang activity...

Shoot a shoplifter with a peashooter and they comeback with an AR then set the place on fire.

edit on 2-10-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

especially if they think people want to chop them up..

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Trump said the same thing about shooting illegal aliens coming into the country from Mexico.

And he said the same thing about North Korea.

And he told Vladimir Putin if he attacked Ukraine he bring down the Kremlin right on his head.

If the wannabe lawbreakers believe him, that's good!

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

Pretty sure Trump made another sensationalized statement with no specifics, research or facts to back it up. Did he also say this would cost nothing?

Said something stupid. Tune in at 11 !

Oh, and expand the breathless reporting to include “50 people rush to ATS to screech about it !”

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: stevieray

Oh, and expand the breathless reporting to include “50 people rush to ATS to screech about it !”

Two people on ATS leisurely comment on yet another Trump sensationalized promise that will never come to pass.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

That's a great idea until the shoplifters start shooting back and kill innocent shoppers.

Don't be naive and think they aren't armed as well. It's gang activity...

Shoot a shoplifter with a peashooter and they comeback with an AR then set the place on fire.

Lmao ….. “don’t say anything or move ! They might only take half of our life savings !” “Don’t do anything if they only take one of the kids !”

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 02:42 PM
link   
He conveniently left out the cause behind the escalation of theft which is the intentional, methodic destruction of the economic system. What does he plan to do when the economy completely collapses and society goes full scale mad max? And it's former middle class hard working people who are doing the looting simply to survive and feed their families? Shoot everybody?
edit on 2-10-2023 by socialmediaclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Two people on ATS leisurely comment on yet another Trump sensationalized promise that will never come to pass.

Every time he mumbles, farts, or snorts.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Pretty sure Trump wasn’t talking about old ladies or teeny boppers or moms with kids.

Who is he talking about because to the trigger happy cops they often act first think later.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

So just for 💩& giggles, if someone.... or some company.... or some oh I don't know... pension fund, or social security,....steals my savings..
does that mean .......................

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Are we civilized or are we savages?

Nor are we sovereign or indigenous.

We didn't follow the reasoning behind Solomon's temple eviction so we're blaming each other.

Trade red herring to bigger fish would be my resolve if I was Batman or Hercules.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

Are we civilized or are we savages?

We are both, and never shall the two be parted...
Seriously, the US is one complicated beast.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Every time he mumbles, farts, or snorts.

Is that all you hear/notice too?

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 03:33 PM
link   
With each passing year the resemblance grows stronger.

In the video, Donald Trump assumes the role of "Pink," the crazed rock star who explodes on stage spouting a drug-addled neo-fascist tirade - much like Donald Trump himself does regularly during campaign events.

We don't need these kinds of politics in America. As a people, we are better than this!

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Former President Donald Trump promised to “immediately stop all of the pillaging and theft” if he is returned to the White House – by calling on police to open fire on shoplifters

It ain't like it's never been done before...

As far as cops making bad decisions, if they aren't hanging out with a mob of looters, they don't have to worry about cops making bad decisions.

:
edit on 2023 10 02 by incoserv because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

If its valued under $900, there will be no criminal charges.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join