It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps says Shooting Shoplifters will solve the problem

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: quintessentone
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

How much does it cost to live comfortably in Saudi Arabia?

A family of four estimated monthly costs are 2,881.3$ (10,806.4﷼) without rent. A single person estimated monthly costs are 805.6$ (3,021.3﷼) without rent. Cost of living in Saudi Arabia is, on average, 33.3% lower than in United States.

www.numbeo.com...#:~:text=A%20family%20of%20four%20estimated,lower%20than%20in%20United%20 States.

The above is probably more the reason for less crime. People can actually live comfortably on their salaries.

yea, the harsh penalties likely have NOTHING AT ALL to do with the crime stats. When you DERP, do you do it from the left, or the right?

Why would people need to steal when the minimum wage is enough to live comfortably on?

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Minimum wage was never meant to be a forever plan.

The minimum wage was designed to create a minimum standard of living to protect the health and well-being of employees.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

The minimum wage was designed to create a minimum standard of living to protect the health and well-being of employees.

We are discussing Saudi Arabia's minimum wage and people there able to live comfortably on it, therefore not having the need to steal. Their minimum wage is working so it can be a forever plan. What point are you trying to make here?

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: shooterbrody

I thought this thread was about stealing and shooting people that steal, why would I need to start a separate thread on that?

Shoplifting

Usually done in a shop
But you do you and attempt to apply it in general

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:57 PM
link   

We are discussing Saudi Arabia's minimum wage and people there able to live comfortably on it, therefore not having the need to steal. Their minimum wage is working so it can be a forever plan. What point are you trying to make here?

You, holding the saudis up as a beacon is delish

The law of Saudi Arabia is uncodified; sharia, derived from the 7th-century Quran and the Sunnah, is the basis of the law and justice system. In particular, the Quranic account of the prophet Lut and certain teachings of Muhammad in the Sunnah, inform the legal treatment of same-sex sexual activity and nonconforming-gender presentation. Homosexuality and transgender status or gender non-conformity are widely seen as immoral and indecent, and the law punishes acts of homosexuality with capital punishment,[1][2][5] up to life imprisonment,[6][7] fines, deportation and flogging;[8] "chemical castration" has been used.[4] Beatings and torture have been applied during investigation and detentions.[9][10] Community violence against LGBT persons occurs.[11][12]

Some people you are holding up…..
Well done

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:57 PM
link   

The thread is on shoplifting in America

Just trying to stay on topic here, unlike some.

Have you ever noticed, in the US, when minimum wage goes up, so does the COL in all areas that raised the MW.

Ever wonder why that is?

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

naw, we will just forcibly change their sex. They are obviously acting out aggressions because they are confused about their gender.

Hypothetically: A male is caught shoplifting a Playboy magazine.

What is your proposed cut-off(pun intended) age for forced sex change vs summary execution via firearm?

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I was holding up Saudi Arabia's minimum wage as being enough to live on comfortably and that their economy is 33% lower than the U.S. is all I was holding up. If people don't have to steal they don't - is my point.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
a reply to: JAGStorm

Most likely he's talking about Mass looting or just gangs of people just walk into a store and just clean it out and personally I agree with him just shoot the bastards that will stop them right in their shoes it will put a gun to start shooting they're going to drop the merchandise and run like heck.

I gave a good example of how that could go wrong. Imagine a black man shopping. He has his hands full, all these thugs come in and start looting and have baseball bats to break glass, said black man runs out, all the while forgetting to drop what he has in his hands, does he deserve to get murdered??? That is exactly what will happen, I 100000% guarantee it!

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 01:08 PM
link   

The thread is on shoplifting in America

Just trying to stay on topic here, unlike some.

Have you ever noticed, in the US, when minimum wage goes up, so does the COL in all areas that raised the MW.

Ever wonder why that is?

No people are discussing punishment for shoplifters and I was replying to the cutting off of a shoplifter's hand as punishment in Saudi Arabia. Now we are on to why is crime so low in Saudi Arabia compared to America, because, once again, people don't have a need to steal so they don't.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I was holding up Saudi Arabia's minimum wage as being enough to live on comfortably and that their economy is 33% lower than the U.S. is all I was holding up. If people don't have to steal they don't - is my point.

True and untrue.
People steal for all different reasons. Some are mentally ill and steal, some believe things are owed to them, some steal to support a drug habit caused by mental illness. And yes some steal because they can’t afford to live.

In our country we don’t want to get to the root cause of the issue. Homelessness, drug addiction, mental illness, cost of Living.. instead we want to focus on the act.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Or you know, as ND said, "F around and find out" seems to be a pretty good deterrent.

If you fear losing your hand for a loaf of bread, you think twice if you really need that loaf of bread.

If here, shoplifters knew that their actions had consequences, they would think twice before doing them.

Hence why it is very seldom that you see a guy with a truck and an NRA stickers house gets robbed over one with an anti 2A flag and Biden signs.
edit on 2-10-2023 by PorkChop96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 01:16 PM
link   

The demographic changes from nation to nation but before the current economic crisis (there is one despite governments not admitting it) shoplifters in the UK on the other side of the pond from the US were mostly middle class and drug addicts, shoplifting is done for a number of reasons, one is so a person can actually eat, other to make a quick profit by reselling what they have stolen or even stolen to order.

In the US it is mostly poverty driven however that does not mean that middle class thrill seekers and the odd rich person that thinks they are above paying for something won't also shop lift from time to time.

As for shooting them, sounds like martial law to me looters will be shot on sight.

The root cause as an outside (UK) looking into the US is as far as I can see societal moral decay mixed poverty driven societal collapse.

The cure is pay protection to prevent unscrupulous employers abusing there employees and gainful employment, government should help employers out as well and give tax incentives to those that invest in run down areas and employ and train those that dwell within them creating a self sustaining regeneration of the lower levels of the economy.

One Caveat, as far as I am concerned and yes I know that every one is still some mothers son or someone's father but drug dealers that deal in what we over in the UK call class A drugs should be put into prison on the same terms as a murderer and as an enemy of society which in fact they are, yes it won't make the market for those drugs go away but remove enough supply and the price goes up so it reduces drug's impact on society.

But remember that in the US some of your own alphabet agency's were actually involved in seeding the current drug problem's within your society.

As for Biden, well he is wrong but then again in the US things are different from here and you do have the right to protect your own property while in the UK we are bound by reasonable force rules and the interpretation of such, we can for instance only use lethal force if it can be shown that we had reasonable grounds to believe that our own or another person's life was in imminent danger and causing equal harm was the only way to prevent such harm from occurring.

But killing someone for stealing an apple, sounds like medieval politics, like back when a four year old was once hung for stealing an apple over here or a man was hung for knocking a farmers hat off, back hundreds of years ago but I for one would never want to go back to those days.

Maybe Biden should, though he is a bit old, read up on history, crime and punishment and when things were taken too far in the past.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Or you know, as ND said, "F around and find out" seems to be a pretty good deterrent.

If you fear losing your hand for a loaf of bread, you think twice if you really need that loaf of bread.

If here, shoplifters knew that their actions had consequences, they would think twice before doing them.

Hence why it is very seldom that you see a guy with a truck and an NRA stickers house gets robbed over one with an anti 2A flag and Biden signs.

You are being obtuse or just glossing over the reality/point I am making re: Saudi Arabia.

If you have no need to steal, you don't.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

In the US it is mostly poverty driven however that does not mean that middle class thrill seekers and the odd rich person that thinks they are above paying for something won't also shop lift from time to time.

Years ago I was in a high end chocolate store. There was a very well dressed older white couple. They worked in tandem, the woman’s would turn and the guy would slide the candy in her purse from behind. I told the workers and they DIDN’T believe me. I said fine, your stores loss!

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

But killing someone for stealing an apple, sounds like medieval politics, like back when a four year old was once hung for stealing an apple over here or a man was hung for knocking a farmers hat off, back hundreds of years ago but I for one would never want to go back to those days.

Exactly.. How do you know someone is stealing too. There have been sooo many cases of people being accused for things they have actually purchased.

Also if a kid is 11, and he steals, but he looks 18, is it ok to shoot him?

This is just a disaster and something Trump should have never said.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Just shoot one and watch the folks drop their stolen loot.

Easy-peasey, lemon-squeezy.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 01:31 PM
link   

America's slide into Fascism , it's a sad thing to watch ...MAGA !

His supporters will give their knee jerk support but what a idiotic thing to say.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Funny how DJT doesnt think shooting people for stealing would apply to him. there were plenty of allegations about him not paying contractors over the years, bet he wouldn't be happy if some guy turned up at Mar A Largo with a shooter cos Trump stole from him

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

True and untrue.
People steal for all different reasons. Some are mentally ill and steal, some believe things are owed to them, some steal to support a drug habit caused by mental illness. And yes some steal because they can’t afford to live.

In our country we don’t want to get to the root cause of the issue. Homelessness, drug addiction, mental illness, cost of Living.. instead we want to focus on the act.

It certainly appears to be the case on this thread about focusing on the act and the punishment and if they happen to shoot a youth, mentally ill person or the wrong person...oops.

Bread and circus arena time.

BTW everyone, in regards to chopping off someone's hand for stealing:

The last time a man's hand was cut off by Saudi authorities was in December 2013, the only one on record for last year. The kingdom follows a narrow interpretation of Islamic law. Muslim scholars generally agree that severe punishment should not be carried out on a person who steals due to hunger and poverty.

apnews.com...#:~:text=The%20last%20time%20a%20man's,due%20to%20hunger%20and%20poverty.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join