It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps says Shooting Shoplifters will solve the problem

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone
a reply to: shooterbrody

I was holding up Saudi Arabia's minimum wage as being enough to live on comfortably and that their economy is 33% lower than the U.S. is all I was holding up. If people don't have to steal they don't - is my point.

Champion those nasty people all you like.
Shows how flexible your values are.
No amount of money is worth the human rights atrocities the saudis perpetuate.
But you know that
Bamn away

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I'd rather start shooting politicians than shoplifters.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Former President Donald Trump promised to “immediately stop all of the pillaging and theft” if he is returned to the White House – by calling on police to open fire on shoplifters

It ain't like it's never been done before...

As far as cops making bad decisions, if they aren't hanging out with a mob of looters, they don't have to worry about cops making bad decisions.

:

It definietly will stop shoplifting lol. It partially worked in the phillippines - drug dealers basically executed.

Then again, you get a bunch of dead kids dying over gucci shirts. And the source of the problem - poverty - still remains.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 08:03 PM
link   

a reply to: asabuvsobelow

How much does it cost to live comfortably in Saudi Arabia?

A family of four estimated monthly costs are 2,881.3$ (10,806.4﷼) without rent. A single person estimated monthly costs are 805.6$ (3,021.3﷼) without rent. Cost of living in Saudi Arabia is, on average, 33.3% lower than in United States.

www.numbeo.com...#:~:text=A%20family%20of%20four%20estimated,lower%20than%20in%20United%20 States.

The above is probably more the reason for less crime. People can actually live comfortably on their salaries.

Yes I'm sure the Capitol Punishment for almost every crime has nothing to do with it

Cognitive Dissonance

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 09:15 PM
link   
We need to do something about these shoplifting gangs that are going into stores. I don't mind someone threatening to shoot them, as long as it is only a threat. It might dissuade some younger thieves if they know they might get shot. Right now, they know they are going to get away with it and when the big stores close up in the cities, those groups will move on to smaller towns...our society is getting corrupt when good citizens or store workers get penalized for stopping criminals.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
We need to do something about these shoplifting gangs that are going into stores. I don't mind someone threatening to shoot them, as long as it is only a threat. It might dissuade some younger thieves if they know they might get shot. Right now, they know they are going to get away with it and when the big stores close up in the cities, those groups will move on to smaller towns...our society is getting corrupt when good citizens or store workers get penalized for stopping criminals.

A good whack with a stick?

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Maybe instead of shooting them,amputate their hands.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 03:01 AM
link   
thus far on this thread we have those who support trump and are happy to shoot thieves, none of thieves would vote for trump so its no loss to him, and on the opposite side those who would go straight to shooting their political opponents.. the in-between group just want to chop humans into bits..

all of these positions ignore the very real issues the us and uk have with skyrocketing crime, policing failures and civil order breaking down..

The speed at which people are adopting either killing or maiming indicates how close civil society is to civil conflict.

On policy most of us will agree on the need for strong safety/security and safeguarding, robust health and education systems that prepare future generations for life. jobs that make housing and food affordable.

currently all of those things are working against the average person, with failures in safeguarding topping the list, so any politician or political party that can make a believable case to fix safeguarding will walk the 24 elections in uk or us and that will set the tempo for the direction the west heads in..

I'm not seeing any one leader/party make a believable case which is why the risks of seeing civil society descend into chaos grows by the day..
edit on 3-10-2023 by nickyw because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
I'd rather start shooting politicians than shoplifters.

trump wants to shoot those who'd never vote for him and you appear to want to shoot those who vote differently to you, and a lot just want to mutilate others.

I'm not sure any of these positions are that far apart but can be said to indicate how close we are to civil society imploding if causing death and mutilation is the answer to societies ills..

this is where you and I clash on Cromwell as I see these things opening the doors to such a figure appearing and the longer this stays the status quo and crime continues to increase the more extreme the outcome will be..

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: socialmediaclown
He conveniently left out the cause behind the escalation of theft which is the intentional, methodic destruction of the economic system. What does he plan to do when the economy completely collapses and society goes full scale mad max? And it's former middle class hard working people who are doing the looting simply to survive and feed their families? Shoot everybody?

I'd like to clarify something you said here so that I don't go spouting off about something I misunderstood.

When you say "What does he plan to do when the economy completely collapses and society goes full scale mad max?"

Does the "he" you refer to mean Trump?

If so, he can't plan to do anything unless he gets re-elected as President. Do you agree?

And.... if he gets re-elected as President, why couldn't he just undo all the things Biden has done to wreck the economy of the United States, and do it on the first day he gets sworn in? That's how it's done these days, you know, so why couldn't he do that, too?

And.... if he gets re-elected, I think that's exactly what he would do, thereby averting a "complete collapse of society."

Is that what you meant? And if so, doesn't it make sense?
edit on 3-10-2023 by TrulyColorBlind because: Accidentally left off the word "do."

edit on 3-10-2023 by TrulyColorBlind because: Corrected a typo.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
If its valued under $900, there will be no criminal charges.

Are you talking about if the item being stolen is valued under $900 and that will result in no criminal charges being levied against the perpetrator?

Or are you saying that since the perpetrator is valued at under $900, (in my opinion, they're worth nothing), that if he gets shot, there will be no criminal charges filed against the shooter?

In my opinion, the second option works better for me.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Lets make it clear, it's not about random poor/mentally ill etc. that are singular in their shoplifting, it's about gangs. And these are not just random shoplifting sprees this is organised crime and they are gang members, not some silly little schoolboy prank.
The one and only problem is these silly die hard woke/liberals. They are the ones stopping the police policing, they are the ones saying "you can't punish them because, their poor/ their disadvantaged/ it's racist/it's endemic". No, no, no, they are criminals and they need punishing for their crimes, proper deterrent sentences, not these silly slap on the wrist.

Oh people go "but it's little Jonnie, he's innocent/he was lead into it/he was forced to do it/look at his innocent face (a picture of him in junior school) etc. etc." Once it's established (like it is now) that they can break the law and get away with it, they WILL get bolder and what happens when it gets like Mexico under the cartels. Any one showing any defiance against them, BANG. This NEEDS jumping on big time and if the government do nothing then it must come down to the citizens to protect themselves and if that means shooting, so be it, With no consequences for the shooter.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

a reply to: shooterbrody

I was holding up Saudi Arabia's minimum wage as being enough to live on comfortably and that their economy is 33% lower than the U.S. is all I was holding up. If people don't have to steal they don't - is my point.

Champion those nasty people all you like.
Shows how flexible your values are.
No amount of money is worth the human rights atrocities the saudis perpetuate.
But you know that
Bamn away

I am championing a working wage that allows citizens to live comfortably which Saudi Arabia happens to provide their citizens. If any other countries do the same, I will champion their economic strategies too. Again, my point is provide a living wage then there will be no need to steal.
edit on q000000051031America/Chicago2020America/Chicago10 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone
Your support of islamic monarchy is noted and is vile.
Interesting money is what drives you.
Gross but interesting

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Your support of islamic monarchy is noted and is vile.
Interesting money is what drives you.
Gross but interesting

You have an agenda here, so I will leave you to it.

Twisting others' context in posts is not a good look.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Lets do some simple math here:

Raise a workers salary = the cost of employing them goes up

The cost of employing workers goes up = price of goods goes up to cover the cost of the employee

The cost of goods goes up = cost of living goes up

Cost of living goes up = workers need a raise

And we are right back where we started.

Then we get into the idea that most people who are going to steal are probably unemployed or can't get a job.

What is your fix for that?

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

Lets do some simple math here:

Raise a workers salary = the cost of employing them goes up

The cost of employing workers goes up = price of goods goes up to cover the cost of the employee

The cost of goods goes up = cost of living goes up

Cost of living goes up = workers need a raise

And we are right back where we started.

Then we get into the idea that most people who are going to steal are probably unemployed or can't get a job.

What is your fix for that?

Study other governments where their minimum wage and more affordable living scenarios actually work, don't use U.S. economic formula because when has it ever worked for the working guy and not the elitists?

Here's a start for you:

9 Best Countries To Live on Minimum Wage
United Kingdom.
Ireland. ...
Netherlands. ...
Saudi Arabia. ...
Spain. ...
Germany. ...
Luxembourg. ...
Canada. The United States' neighbor to the north might be cold a lot of the time, but you'll feel a little cozier there if you earn minimum wage.

edit on q000000121031America/Chicago5252America/Chicago10 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Got a source for that copy and paste job?

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

Got a source for that copy and paste job?

I thought you would want to research each country one by one to do their economics math? Anyway, here it is:

www.gobankingrates.com...

Americans seem to be paying more for stuff than other citizens of other countries.

The United States’ neighbor to the north might be cold a lot of the time, but you’ll feel a little cozier there if you earn minimum wage. While its gross minimum monthly wage was a somewhat low $1,383 in 2020, minimum wage earners only had to spend 11% of their income on basic food items.

For comparison, minimum wage-earning Americans spent 14.1% of their income on those items in the same year. The minimum wage was up 2.6% in Canada in 2020.

edit on q000000271031America/Chicago5555America/Chicago10 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

edit on q000000481031America/Chicago5050America/Chicago10 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 08:36 AM
link   

We also need to take into consideration that US workers salary is reduced automatically for the high cost of health insurance, along with the additional cost of health services, medical debt and prescriptions. We have less available income to spend compared to other countries.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join