It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps says Shooting Shoplifters will solve the problem

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Or the Cardassian justice system where the Court just goes straight on to sentencing?

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Mahogany

Don't worry, he's not saying it because he knows it will happen, he's just saying it to agitate and inflame the group of actual deplorables that will accept it and start frothing at their mouths hoping it starts happening. Any day now...

That is kinda the sad and scary part...
I didn't come up with this.. but if you can shoot shoplifters, what can you do with people that oh.. storm.. certain buildings...?

shoot them in the neck?

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Is this considered shoplifting?

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

originally posted by: Mahogany
a reply to: JAGStorm

Don't worry, he's not saying it because he knows it will happen, he's just saying it to agitate and inflame the group of actual deplorables that will accept it and start frothing at their mouths hoping it starts happening. Any day now...

He knows it's unconstitutional, he knows Americans have rights given by multiple legal documents and precedent, he knows about Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness, he knows about due process... he knows all these things!

He just also knows his cult army won't care, they'll fall for it like they did for all the other blatant and obvious lies they fell for. He knows them SO well, he's a great cult leader.

Not a great American, but a great cult leader.

You're absolutely right that he's saying stuff like this to keep his base of supporters riled up and on his side.

But I'm not so sure he does actually know what's unconstitutional/illegal. Anyone who's racked up 91 felony counts against themselves inside of a few years either doesn't know or doesn't care (or some combination of both) about obeying the law.

The problem with that is that when someone is sworn in as POTUS, they are really only required to do one thing--follow the rules. They swear a sacred oath to protect and defend the Constitution (which means following the rules it lays out). Article II of the Constitution requires the POTUS to "take care that the laws be faithfully executed". So basically, when a new POTUS is sworn in they are promising to play by the rules as specified by the Constitution and the laws that have been enacted under its authority. Trump is obviously a career white collar criminal. The one thing he has absolutely demonstrated no ability to do is play by the rules.

I think that's a large part of why his worshippers adore him.

I think a lot of folks like him because he gets pinheads all salty.
edit on 2-10-2023 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:14 PM
link   

As a former juvenile delinquent and habitual shoplifter, I don't think killing minors would go over very well. You know, because culture war is all about "protecting the kids".

As a current law abiding non-shoplifter, I have been accused of shoplifting twice. Lucky for me the store clerks weren't packing heat while some politician was green lighting summary executions.

In my state there was an armed vigilante who killed a guy outside of a store because he wouldn't produce a receipt for the vigilante's inspection. Pretty sure the killing won't be ruled justifiable homicide.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Guess you better hope a packet of Kool Aid, or taco seasoning doesn't fall into that little area between the seat and bottom of the cart and it's missed being rung up. Would suck to be killed by the police for that.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
Is this considered shoplifting?

Did they take it from the gift shop without payment?

You people are so silly
Bamn keeps bamning

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: quintessentone

Or the Cardassian justice system where the Court just goes straight on to sentencing?

Actually don't the Cardassian's prefer torture and brainwashing all in one (Star Trek NG, Picard abduction/torture/brainswashing episode)?

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Guess you better hope a packet of Kool Aid, or taco seasoning doesn't fall into that little area between the seat and bottom of the cart and it's missed being rung up. Would suck to be killed by the police for that.

Nah
Like Hillary there is no intent.
You people know this, any other bs is simply silly.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

As a former juvenile delinquent and habitual shoplifter, I don't think killing minors would go over very well. You know, because culture war is all about "protecting the kids".

As a current law abiding non-shoplifter, I have been accused of shoplifting twice. Lucky for me the store clerks weren't packing heat while some politician was green lighting summary executions.

In my state there was an armed vigilante who killed a guy outside of a store because he wouldn't produce a receipt for the vigilante's inspection. Pretty sure the killing won't be ruled justifiable homicide.

naw, we will just forcibly change their sex. They are obviously acting out aggressions because they are confused about their gender.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

How much does it cost to live comfortably in Saudi Arabia?

A family of four estimated monthly costs are 2,881.3$ (10,806.4﷼) without rent. A single person estimated monthly costs are 805.6$ (3,021.3﷼) without rent. Cost of living in Saudi Arabia is, on average, 33.3% lower than in United States.

www.numbeo.com...#:~:text=A%20family%20of%20four%20estimated,lower%20than%20in%20United%20 States.

The above is probably more the reason for less crime. People can actually live comfortably on their salaries.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Have to be silly as Trump's suggestion is ridiculous.

You should know, you're often here discussing due process, the rights of individuals, complaining the Justice system is unfair, and innocent until proven guilty on certain threads.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:26 PM
link   

You should know, you're often here discussing due process, the rights of individuals, complaining the Justice system is unfair, and innocent until proven guilty on certain threads.

And you must find it hard talking with your tongue on bidens boots.
I would much rather stand for individual liberty and justice than kiss the governments ass.
But you do you boo

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Is not paying people who do work for you stealing?

edit on 2-10-2023 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: pthena

naw, we will just forcibly change their sex. They are obviously acting out aggressions because they are confused about their gender.

Jesus….

Unbelievably pathetic and desperate response.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
Is not paying people who do work for you stealing?

Sure
Why are you going to start a thread on that?

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I thought this thread was about stealing and shooting people that steal, why would I need to start a separate thread on that?

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

How much does it cost to live comfortably in Saudi Arabia?

A family of four estimated monthly costs are 2,881.3$ (10,806.4﷼) without rent. A single person estimated monthly costs are 805.6$ (3,021.3﷼) without rent. Cost of living in Saudi Arabia is, on average, 33.3% lower than in United States.

www.numbeo.com...#:~:text=A%20family%20of%20four%20estimated,lower%20than%20in%20United%20 States.

The above is probably more the reason for less crime. People can actually live comfortably on their salaries.

yea, the harsh penalties likely have NOTHING AT ALL to do with the crime stats. When you DERP, do you do it from the left, or the right?

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

And you must find it hard talking with your tongue on bidens boots.
I would much rather stand for individual liberty and justice than kiss the governments ass.
But you do you boo

What does me pointing out that you often talk about due process,individual rights, innocent until proven guilty, etc, so you should find Trump's suggestion ridiculous have anything to do with my "tongue on Biden's boots"?

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Most likely he's talking about Mass looting or just gangs of people just walk into a store and just clean it out and personally I agree with him just shoot the bastards that will stop them right in their shoes it will put a gun to start shooting they're going to drop the merchandise and run like heck.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join