It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps says Shooting Shoplifters will solve the problem

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 09:53 AM
link   
nypost.com...

Former President Donald Trump promised to “immediately stop all of the pillaging and theft” if he is returned to the White House – by calling on police to open fire on shoplifters

Wow, I have so many thoughts on this I don’t even know where to begin.
#1, yes it would work fantastic if we could trust our police to make good decisions. Obviously we can’t based on thousands and thousands of videos, lawsuits etc.
Also what the heck happened to innocent until proven guilty. I have been accused of shoplifting, my mom has and also my sister.
NONE of us have ever shoplifted in our lives. How many people have left a store and the security buzzer goes off, does that give an overzealous cop the right to shoot you?
Have you seen all the Walmart Videos, how many of those people would be dead with no good reason?
#2, What if there’s a gang of shoplifters in a store and and an innocent person is trying to flee. I’ve seen so many videos of this happening.
#3, Why stop at shoplifters, how about people that don’t pay their workers, or financial crimes? I mean if we are going after small crimes what is the price for Big financial crimes?

This is again why I like being neither a Dem or a Republican..

and finally #4………. How to solve the problem, which we have ALREADY have solved in the past. When people shoplift, YOU PUNISH them with actual jail time. You don’t slap them on the wrist. You put them away and make them not want to commit the crime again.

edit on 2-10-2023 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-10-2023 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Maybe not start with just shooting them, though I am fine with that.

But I'm more of an escalation of force kind of guy. So I would suggest starting with cutting off their hands first.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 10:03 AM
link   

IMO Trump is controlled opposition. He's part of the plan, and appearantly , by your reaction it's working.
There is no true 'left' or 'right' wing politican, they are all in it for the same self-serving reasons.

As long as we allow ourselves to be divided by 'left' vs 'right' we will be divided as a nation.
The 'left' in places like Chicago, Los Angeles etc have purposely been soft on crime so shoplifting crimes escalates.
This is done for several reasons.

They want to destablize society, destroy brick and mortrar shops, cause havoc/violence in cities leading to stores closing and store deserts are the result. It's also to demoralize and divide us further (as they know which demographic is the biggest cause of shoplifitng furthering a divide) .
Trump know that his remarks will cause a further divide, that's the plan.

Nobody is focusing on the 1% behind this division, the 1% that paid Antifa/BLM to riot/loot and destroy.
Everyone is focusing on "orange man bad' , 'the same demographics are always at it " etc etc.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Shooting is somewhat extreme, Id be down for chopping off a hand IF proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. I have ZERO respect for a dirty thief.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
nypost.com...

Former President Donald Trump promised to “immediately stop all of the pillaging and theft” if he is returned to the White House – by calling on police to open fire on shoplifters

#1, yes it would work fantastic if we could trust our police to make good decisions. Obviously we can’t based on thousands and thousands of videos, lawsuits etc.
[....]

see we can agree sometimes.

What about shop owners having the right to shoot someone in their store?

edit on Mon Oct 2 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: TRIM THOSE QUOTES!

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 10:09 AM
link   
uk liberal accounts that pop up on my feed think this kind of rhetoric could get trump over the line and back in office..

law and order are serious issue for most in most jurisdictions even my own, what i thought was a strange increase in local security to deal with shoplifting turns out to be due to an increase in violence and sexual assaults that are becoming as common as shoplifting.. so Trumps comments are resonating with those who are concerned about those increases..

its worth remembering when globalist liberalism died in the 1920s the power vacuum was filled by Fascism, Nazism and Stalinism, we risk finding ourselves in the same place.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

see we can agree sometimes. What about shop owners having the right to shoot someone in their store?

If anyone feels like their life is threatened I believe it is your Right to defend yourself.

I don’t feel if someone’s back is turned to you and they are stealing a candy bar is justification for shooting them in the back. Now if they are coming at you with a wine bottle in an aggressive manner, have at it.

If someone is obviously looting, I do believe as a shop keeper you should have the right to stop them. If that involves beating them with a stick so be it.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I'd rather electionlifters get shot first.

link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Maybe not start with just shooting them, though I am fine with that.

But I'm more of an escalation of force kind of guy. So I would suggest starting with cutting off their hands first.

so those with guns will shoot first as I can not see anyone letting you chop them into as many bits as you choose..

link   

originally posted by: nickyw
uk liberal accounts that pop up on my feed think this kind of rhetoric could get trump over the line and back in office..

law and order are serious issue for most in most jurisdictions even my own, what i thought was a strange increase in local security to deal with shoplifting turns out to be due to an increase in violence and sexual assaults that are becoming as common as shoplifting.. so Trumps comments are resonating with those who are concerned about those increases..

its worth remembering when globalist liberalism died in the 1920s the power vacuum was filled by Fascism, Nazism and Stalinism, we risk finding ourselves in the same place.

1000000%
I know exactly what you are saying and agree totally.

link   
this is classic Trump. He spells it out in his book. Ask for something crazy, so when you get down to what you originally wanted, it will seem like a compromise. We need accountability and punishment for committing crimes. You need to know that if you break the law, you will be punished. Otherwise, why would people NOT break the law?

Shooting them is a little over the top, but thinking it's an option would sure put the fear of God into those who would otherwise steal.

I seem to remember something, something, nobody is above the law.....

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Well, if he saw the videos of groups of people going into stores, to shoplift, their 1000.00 worth of merch, so they don't get charged, I can see why he said it.

I'm really starting to believe they are intentionally destroying CA, so the rich can have it all to their selves.

The looters, in PA? Sure, shoot them.

The mob shoplifters? I'm with others. Cut off a hand to start.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 10:15 AM
link   

nypost.com...

[...]

That does seem a bit severe, but when Trump negotiates he has a tendency to start with extremities in order to get a better deal. Since the deal right now is extremely low penalties it makes sense to start at the other end of the spectrum.
edit on Mon Oct 2 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: TRIM THOSE QUOTES

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 10:16 AM
link   

a reply to: Annee

see we can agree sometimes. What about shop owners having the right to shoot someone in their store?

If anyone feels like their life is threatened I believe it is your Right to defend yourself.

[...]

Double

Most people work hard for what they have.

I am very much against damage to other people's property and livelihood.

I am on the side of "something needs to be done". What that is and how extreme is the question.
edit on Mon Oct 2 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 10:18 AM
link   

when seconds count the police will be there in minutes.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I seriously don't think that Trump was talking about "Singular" shoplifters or a poor person, though desperation, who takes something from a shop. It was aimed at these mass looting, because it is looting, not shoplifting crowds.

Of course quite a few of you advocate chopping off of hands, well the Muslims will love you cos this is part of sharia law. But think on this one, chop off hands and those people will have to be looked after all their lives with your tax dollars.
I would think a short sharp shock, like maybe at max 4 or 5 criminals shot, would bring these mass thievery to a complete stop. Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Should a person be shot when they are stealing a few dollars worth of food? No.
Should a person walking out of Home Depot with 5k worth of tools be drawn no? Yes.
Should a situation arise where there are 30 people in a store and beating partons? Fire Away.

All different situations but lets roll it all into one and use no common sense.

FAFO is real right now. You can go on any social media channel or even the news and there is looting. Large scale coordinated events. The other weekend you had packs of armed cars going place to place. Shoot them. No issue with it. They have no respect for life so why should they be given it?

Bernard Goetz put an end to a lot of the 80;s NY craziness.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
I seriously don't think that Trump was talking about "Singular" shoplifters or a poor person, though desperation, who takes something from a shop. It was aimed at these mass looting, because it is looting, not shoplifting crowds.

Of course quite a few of you advocate chopping off of hands, well the Muslims will love you cos this is part of sharia law. But think on this one, chop off hands and those people will have to be looked after all their lives with your tax dollars.
I would think a short sharp shock, like maybe at max 4 or 5 criminals shot, would bring these mass thievery to a complete stop. Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

You don’t live in the states, sure he maybe meant mass looters but to the common Billy Bob Joe Schmoe, they will take that as a free for all for anyone they deem shoplifting….. unfortunately…

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

I retreat the statement I lately made that you are not an extremist.

Oh hell how wrong I was.

But I support the right to say what you want.

Just feeling uncomfortable posting on a website where people advocate chopping other's head off. Nothing personal against you.
edit on 2.10.2023 by TDDAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 10:40 AM
link   

fox2now.com...

Instead of checking his receipt, Borisouth says the officer became aggressive, wrestling him to the ground and slamming his head into the floor. “Get off me and read my receipt!” Borisouth can be heard saying in footage taken by other shoppers. At one point, he even throws the receipt on the floor — but it’s ignored by the officer.

Sooo a little question…. If we are going to the extremes… If a police officer or shopkeeper uses violence, should it be eye for an eye?
If someone gets shot and they are innocent will the office be put to death?
If a shopkeeper beats someone and they are innocent, do they then get a beat down, broken bones?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join