It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plus-size lady who petitioned for free-extra plane seats now calls on hotels to enlarge hallways

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Thank you.
I wasn't sure if you meant to say diabetes causes obesity or obesity causes diabetes.

link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: quintessentone
How do you know what she eats?

My statement stands.
She has a choice what she puts in her mouth to eat.
Sugar. Fat. Calories. Carbs. Snacks. Goodies. Soda. Large portions. OR NOT. CHOICES.

Answer the question, how do you know what she eats?

link   
Again, let's change everything for .0004% of the population that is obese not because of eating too much.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

While weight gain is one of the most common side effects of diabetes, it is not inevitable.

Weight gain is a side effect of diabetes. In other words, obesity is a side effect of diabetes.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Again, let's change everything for .0004% of the population that is obese not because of eating too much.

The overall overweight, obese and extremely obese numbers for all the American population is two thirds of overall population, by all means don't accommodate the majority.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 02:33 PM
link   

So far Sook's post says 80% of obesity is inherited.

A no name site from a google search.

Mayo clinic says it is UNKNOWN where diabetes comes from.

and established science says obesity can cause type two diabetes.

Again, how do you know what she eats?

Again, I didn't say I knew what she eats,
I said she has CHOICES as to what she puts in her mouth.
And since most obesity is made by choice, (I gave the CDC link)
it's reasonable to assume she's making bad choices.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I'm guessing we're still a generation or two away from a Wall-E esque solution for humanity but I'm sure it's coming. If we survive that long.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

You are simply trolling at this point or....are you asking for validation on this for some particular reason?

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 02:36 PM
link   
1/2

2/2

That evasive happy medium.
edit on (10/2/2323 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

edit on (10/2/2323 by loveguy because: Weird if that fixed it 🙏💞

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 02:37 PM
link   

It's not reasonable to assume that with her considering her mystery illness and other disabilities.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Did she? When? When she was a little kids, in and out of homeless shelters or the times her parents were providing for her? When she was in and out of the hospital? When she was putting herself through school?

At what point was she actually able to take control of her life and make dietary choices?

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Causes of morbid obesity include:
Genetics. Research shows that as many as 80% of people with obesity may have inherited the condition.
Poor sleep habits. Not getting enough sleep or not getting enough quality sleep is another contributing factor.
Certain health conditions. Conditions such as metabolic syndrome or polycystic syndrome (PCOS).
Some medications. Several medications can cause weight gain.
Stress.

Learn more:
1. verywellhealth.com
2. healthline.com

LINK

The girl was in and out of homeless shelters for much of her youth. By the time she was 21, she had already been hospitalized 25 times. We are not dealing with a young woman who had much choice at all.

In 2018, Jae’lynn Chaney was up to 25 hospital visits for a mystery illness that was consuming her life.
Chaney was born to teenage parents and was in and out of homeless shelters while growing up. But she worked for her high school diploma, which she got at 17, and then enrolled at Washington State University Tri-Cities. It had taken a lot to reach this point and now she was being diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension.

parrotmouthblog.com... -travelers-not-the-other-way-around/

Eating junk all day and not moving at all will make you obese in the vast majority of cases.

Pulmonary hypertension isn't necessarily related to obesity. In many cases the causes are unknown.

You're trying hard to say that being obese is predetermined and accuse others of fat shaming without any evidence.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Weight gain is a side effect of diabetes. In other words, obesity is a side effect of diabetes.

... and diabetes is a side effect of obesity.

Cleveland Clinic - The Connection Between Obesity and Diabetes

Having obesity makes you more likely to develop diabetes, the condition of having too much glucose (sugar) circulating in your bloodstream. Obesity also causes diabetes to worsen faster.

Healthline Does Obesity Cause Diabetes

Obesity is a major risk factor for type 2 diabetes but does not directly cause it. Physical activity, a nutritious diet, and weight loss may lower your risk for type 2 diabetes.

Very Well Health - Obesity and Diabetes - connection

Obesity and type 2 diabetes often occur together. This is partly because obesity promotes inflammation throughout the body, potentially leading to changes in normal metabolic functions.1
Khanna D, Khanna S, Khanna P, et al. Obesity: a chronic low-grade inflammation and its markers. Cureus. 2022;14(2):e22711. doi:10.7759/cureus.22711

For example, these changes can affect the body's sensitivity to insulin (a hormone that helps metabolize food) and glucose metabolism (breaking foods down into sugar). In turn, these changes directly affect a person's risk of developing diabetes.

National Library Of Medicine - Why Does Obesity Cause Diabetes

The accumulation of an excessive amount of body fat can cause type 2 diabetes, and the risk of type 2 diabetes increases linearly with an increase in body mass index. Accordingly, the worldwide increase in the prevalence of obesity has led to a concomitant increase in the prevalence of type 2 diabetes.

Mayo Clinic - Obesity Causes and Symptoms

Obesity is a complex disease involving having too much body fat. Obesity isn't just a cosmetic concern. It's a medical problem that increases the risk of many other diseases and health problems. These can include heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, liver disease, sleep apnea and certain cancers.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 02:44 PM
link   

It's not reasonable to assume that with her considering her mystery illness and other disabilities.

What illness has caused her to be obese?
Third time I am asking you.

Pulmonary hypertension isn't necessarily related to obesity. In many cases the causes are unknown.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 02:46 PM
link   

The girl was in and out of homeless shelters for much of her youth. By the time she was 21, she had already been hospitalized 25 times. We are not dealing with a young woman who had much choice at all.

Sugar. Fat. Calories. Carbs. Snacks. Goodies. Soda. Large portions. OR NOT. CHOICES.

How do you know what she eats?

I'm no psychic, but I can guess that it rhymes with, "bacon".

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Did she? When? When she was a little kids, in and out of homeless shelters or the times her parents were providing for her? When she was in and out of the hospital? When she was putting herself through school?

At what point was she actually able to take control of her life and make dietary choices?

What she ate as a kid is irrelevant. Hospitals provide healthy choices. Putting herself through school she can still make healthy choices ... skip the chips and eat a carrot instead. She's in a position now to be able to make choices in what she puts in her mouth to eat. And the majority of people with obesity have it through life choices. I already gave the link and info.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 02:49 PM
link   
My sources in the airline industry state that after she wanted free stuff, she also asked them to bring her Han Solo.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 02:49 PM
link   

What disabilities?

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Get with the program!

It's not a no name site from a google search. It's an Artificial Intelligence AI search engine, BING, that answers your question and then gives you sources for its citations. That's one of the links I gave you. The other link takes you directly to a web site that the AI search engine gave me. LOL

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join