It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Allows Georgia Ban On Gender-Affirming Care for Minors

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Not something you want to wait until they’re teens.

Yeah, get them while they're young.

SICK!

I explained to you what it would do.

AND YOU DON'T GET IT!

YOU explained to me

How thoughtful.

Yeah, I tried to use small words and science.

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdifferentOpinion

I don't give a sh#t.

Such compassion and humanity! /s

Science is objective, not subjective.

So the 30 or so professional organizations listed aren't scientific? Damn, you got some pretty high standards there bub!

I don't give a good god damn what they "feel".
Science isn't about "feelz'.

Well it seems ignoring actual professional standards based on decades of research to share your point of view sure brings up a lot of feelz for you so why should I or anyone give a good gd for your opinion?

Quote your bias all you want.

What I posted cannot be refuted.

Only ignored.

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 08:37 PM
link   

SICK!

AND YOU DON'T GET IT!

I am speechless, get the young before the child can even think what sex change and mutilation means, until is too late, wow I would never desire that kind of assault on any human being and unthinkable on a child.

Wow, oh wow, the true colors of the tans agenda are real, sick and very real.

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg

Who wouldn't support health care for 'transgender' people of any age. It's a serious mental health issue. It's the treatments that can be controversial.

It seems to be another word game these people with an agenda play. The following statement doesnt say what treatments are supported by the associations of doctors on this list. So at best it is a wasted list, at worst, a deception.

"these leading professional medical associations who issued statements supporting health care for transgender youth and adults:"

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 08:40 PM
link   

SICK!

AND YOU DON'T GET IT!

That's literally what she is doing, walking the walk....as it were.

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 08:42 PM
link   

SICK!

AND YOU DON'T GET IT!

YOU explained to me

How thoughtful.

Chosen science.

Guess what. There are more choices.

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AdifferentOpinion

There wouldn't be any trans hysteria if they had not pushed themselves into womens spaces, sports and organizations, and if they had not brought the controversy into public school with minors.

Remove these actions, and most of us dont GAF.

This is the truth of it.

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 08:55 PM
link   

SICK!

AND YOU DON'T GET IT!

YOU explained to me

How thoughtful.

Chosen science.

Guess what. There are more choices.

Another lie.

Science is science.

Facts, not feelz.

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Funny thing about this debate is the nations that started this craze are now stopping gender affirming care in all but the most extreme cases because after going through their year of data realized most of those that that received hormones, or puberty blockers or surgery would have made different choices if they had just had counseling and waited to make an irreversible decision.

After years of the left saying look to Scandinavia they are now pretending they were never at the forefront of gender affirming care.
edit on 7-9-2023 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

And those who regret it?
More and more are coming forward.
Despite you guys constant attempts to silence them.

This is nothing against trans people, the simple fact is kids are in no position to make such permanent decisions.

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

"You cannot reason someone out of a position they didn't use reason to get to."

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: UtIntusSicForis

There is infinitely more value in exposing the facts and being able to lay out a coherent argument than there is changing the other sides mind in a conversation/debate.

Letting people decide for themselves in the face of all those facts is the win.
edit on 7-9-2023 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 10:21 PM
link   

What’s sad is I actually care about the child.

Not what’s acceptable to me, or an ideology, or ignorance by denial.

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 10:26 PM
link   

What’s sad is I actually care about the child.

Not what’s acceptable to me, or an ideology, or ignorance by denial.

Were that true you'd be looking at all the data provided instead of your cherry picked sourcing of confirmation bias.

Were that true you'd still be on the fence as the data provided shows actual harm that is being done to children and that the trajectory shows rising detriment.

Were that true you wouldn't have to project about others "hangups" or being "stuck" nor make excuses to why your ideology is better using those projections as the justification.

The sad part is, you'll never come back from this. Because if you do, you'll have to live with the fact that you harmed your grandkid irreparably and I don't think even you could stomach that.

And that's because of your chosen ideology btw.

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

A empty claim, easily made...

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels
It seems to be another word game these people with an agenda play. The following statement doesnt say what treatments are supported by the associations of doctors on this list. So at best it is a wasted list, at worst, a deception.

"these leading professional medical associations who issued statements supporting health care for transgender youth and adults:"

I didn't want to provide information that people wouldn't read or put any stock in but here's a few examples...

American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry: “The AAP’s 2018 policy statement ‘Ensuring Comprehensive Care and Support for Transgender and Gender-Diverse Children and Adolescents’ defines gender affirmation as developmentally appropriate, nonjudgmental, supportive care provided in a safe clinical space…. The care model is not one-size-fits-all, said Brittany Allen, M.D., FAAP, a member of the AAP Section on LGBTQ Executive Committee. It recognizes the wide spectrum of normal, healthy gender identities.”

(AACAP) supports the use of current evidence-based clinical care with minors. AACAP strongly opposes any efforts – legal, legislative, and otherwise – to block access to these recognized interventions. Blocking access to timely care has been shown to increase youths’ risk for suicidal ideation and other negative mental health outcomes. Consistent with AACAP’s policy against conversion therapy, AACAP recommends that youth and their families formulate an individualized treatment plan with their clinician that addresses the youth’s unique mental health needs under the premise that all gender identities and expressions are not inherently pathological.”

The American Medical Association passed a resolution drafted by The Endocrine Society to protect access to evidence-based gender-affirming care for transgender and gender-diverse youth.

American Academy of Pediatrics: “There is strong consensus among the most prominent medical organizations worldwide that evidence-based, gender-affirming care for transgender children and adolescents is medically necessary and appropriate. It can even be lifesaving. The decision of whether and when to start gender-affirming treatment, which does not necessarily lead to hormone therapy or surgery, is personal and involves careful consideration by each patient and their family.”

The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that youth who identify as transgender have access to comprehensive, gender-affirming, and developmentally appropriate health care that is provided in a safe and inclusive clinical space.

Medical Association Statements in Support of Health Care for Transgender People and Youth

Gender affirming care is for those with gender dysphoria. Here's a distribution of who that might be

edit on 7-9-2023 by AdifferentOpinion because: forgot link

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

OK smart guy, what are they?
List them, and show the correlation to a specific physical difference in the brain

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: AdifferentOpinion

We should understand one thing here.
Just because any of the se organizations made a statement in support of anything, does NOT indicate that they know anything at all.
The limited and biased research they have available to them is also available to the legislators, just because you have bias against the legislator for the sake of argument doesn't lend any additional credibility to a bunch of people, who pretty much do the same job just in the medical field instead of the legal field.

This difference here is that the legal paper pushers are choosing to err on the side of caution and not allow the medical paper pushers to experiment on children.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 02:03 AM
link   

a reply to: datguy

I promote we are our brain.

That gender is neurological. Who we are is neurological.

“Normal” is just a majority base to measure from. There are many anomalies from normal.

Like my experience with Autism — recognition and treatment (psychological) needs to start early. The brain is just different from the majority. Other areas are most likely affected — not just gender.

Your opinion is valid for adults. However whilst there are far too many regretting their choice and now live permanently mutilated and infertile, with their voices and looks permanently changed.
No rational adult would let impressionable children and teens go ahead.

The problem is that you actually base all this on what a minor reports on feelz, take it and run with it, knowing fully well that teens can be confused.

You are happily sacrificing a lot of young humans because of the assumption that every single one will kill themselves if they don't get their way.
How did they ever make it back in history, before chemical and physical mutilation was a thing?

They killed themselves would be your answer...and I say that even more grew out of it instead.
Which side is worth saving more in your opinion?

Clearly you don't care about the 'traitors' who made a mistake and regret their permanent theft of a sex life, children and those who will kill themselves because of it.

The only ones you care about are those who further your people's agendas.

Adults who truly care don't leave these decisions to minors.
Or else let them drink, drive, vote, have tattooes, work full time and marry starting at 10.
You can't pick and mix.

Lets err on the rational side and protect them from themselves at least until they are adults (18 is still too young, but hey).

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
Is no such thing as affirmative care for children, plain and simple, you can put a lipstick on a pig but is still a pig, this is mutilation and chemical castration, let the adult chose to do that on themselves, but leave the children alone.

its actually the age old trans trope of bad boy becomes good girl, the Victorian world used the term petticoating and until recently it was seen as a punishment akin to Iran forcing gays to transition to male the country free of homosexuality in the west that extends to eating disorders, autism, neurodivergence and abuse survivors..

the effect is the same for parents/teachers to fix difficult children and make them obedient.. it follows on from lobotomies and chemical castration.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join