It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Allows Georgia Ban On Gender-Affirming Care for Minors

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Is it really the children spreading this, or is the therapists and psychologists using bad scientific studies as a basis to induce fear into the parents?

I'm pretty sure we discussed this once before

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

No, but the instances of a man walking down the street holding another mans hand AND getting discriminated against is rare at best.
If those two men were waving flags and showing thier ass in public while talking about "were coming to get your kids" im pretty sure i would ridicule them myself.
edit on 09pm30100000023 by datguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: datguy

What is the need for everyone to know an individuals personal feelings and sexual orientation?

Who is pushing all the multiple gender/transgender threads?

It’s not transgenders.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Is it really the children spreading this, or is the therapists and psychologists using bad scientific studies as a basis to induce fear into the parents?

I'm pretty sure we discussed this once before

Well here's a more recent study and it could be many reasons, one size does not fit all.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I wonder if gender affirmation would be needed as much if people just stopped the pushback and stigma for all LGBTQ2S+?

Most people don't give a damn about the BLT-double-Epsilon-Delta 3 quadrant + people.

Just leave children ALONE!

It's unethical to leave suicidal or children in distress alone or in a vacuum with toxic parents, you know that.

When the left changes the bloody definitions and considers every child a child in distress or when the left considers any parent that doesn't obey their ideology as "toxic" then you are the one with the serious problem.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I wonder if gender affirmation would be needed as much if people just stopped the pushback and stigma for all LGBTQ2S+?

Most people don't give a damn about the BLT-double-Epsilon-Delta 3 quadrant + people.

Of course, born different.

Do not start counseling early so they and their family have a better understanding and the psychological tools to be mentally strong in the face of controversy.

Just let them run free and sort it out on their own.

Who needs self esteem when suicidal is the way out.

Do what you want with your child, leave the other children alone!

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Is it really the children spreading this, . . .

What do you mean by spreading?

Are Middle School / High School students openly accepting LGBTQ+ friends?

Absolutely!

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Are you sure about that?
I cant speak for anyone else but the 1 thread I authored was only about restricting experimental therapies and surgery on children.
In addition, I am not against anyone in the gay community nor do I discriminate against or ridicule them.

Care to remark on the other question posed?

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 01:20 PM
link   

It's unethical to leave suicidal or children in distress alone or in a vacuum with toxic parents, you know that.

When the left changes the bloody definitions and considers every child a child in distress or when the left considers any parent that doesn't obey their ideology as "toxic" then you are the one with the serious problem.

Well from what I am reading how the parents handle this situation and whether or not there is support for the child means everything in the way of success for a child.

Life for children who are transgender from their early years can be challenging. At home, they have to try to communicate how they feel to potentially sceptical parents. At school, they are likely to experience disbelief, mockery and bullying. To cope they need resilient personalities as well as sensitive and understanding parents who are able to explore and talk openly about their children's feelings with acceptance and without trying to influence decisions one way or another. For, as we have seen, although some prepubertal children persist in their transgender identity, in the course of time many will, for reasons we do not understand, desist.3 It is remarkable that most children who have been transgender from a young age reach adolescence without developing a higher-than-expected rate of significant mental health problems.17

Many prepubertal children and their parents will benefit from having available a sympathetic counsellor, psychotherapist or other mental health professional. This will allow exploration of the reasons for the presence of gender dysphoria. Material from voluntary organisations such as Mermaids may be helpful, but parents of young children need to monitor this to ensure that their children are not being encouraged to persist, but are just accepted for what they are at the present time. Difficult decisions about changes of name and the use of toilets need to be negotiated with hopefully sympathetic, open-minded teachers.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Like I said before, I wonder if everyone just stopped making a big deal out of this and with education just made the child feel accepted and loved. As you can see above, it appears many just desist and/or don't have significant mental health problems when supports (societal, parental etc.) are in place.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Are we sure about that in school. I am just reading this...

At home, they have to try to communicate how they feel to potentially sceptical parents. At school, they are likely to experience disbelief, mockery and bullying. T

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Teachers and parents can't monitor kids 24/7.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Are the children the ones saying they are suicidal?
Or is it the psychologist that are saying it?

Which example occurs more often?
and when you link some random study with a catchy title as evidence make sure it compares the two examples and has a control group because I'm gonna tear it apart.

I'm not saying suicide doesn't happen or isn't a risk in SOME children. I am saying that the use of fear to push drugs and experimental treatments DOES happen.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 01:37 PM
link   

and when you link some random study with a catchy title as evidence make sure it compares the two examples and has a control group because I'm gonna tear it apart.

I'm not saying suicide doesn't happen or isn't a risk in SOME children. I am saying that the use of fear to push drugs and experimental treatments DOES happen.

Something has changed from 2005 to now, making transkids' mental health worse. Now what do you think that could be?

One can conclude from the evidence that gender dysphoria is a relatively rare but well-defined condition, characterised by a strong desire to be of the gender opposite to that assigned at birth and by an insistence that one is, indeed, of the other gender. Affected transgender individuals are usually aware of its existence by the age of 5 years. Gender dysphoria needs to be distinguished from gender-atypical behaviour, where those assigned male gender at birth showed an interest in activities generally preferred by girls and vice versa. Marked gender-atypical behaviour occurs in around 2–3% of the population, most of whom are not transgender. Further, many children who show gender dysphoria before puberty do not continue to do so during and after pubertal changes occur. However, if gender dysphoria does persist into adolescence, its intensity tends to increase at this time.

From about 2005 until the present, there has been a considerable, perhaps tenfold, increase in the number of children and young people referred to gender identity clinics. This change has been observed not just in the UK, but in Canada, the USA and Finland. These more recent referrals have differed from previous cases in three ways. More recent referrals have been older, often not presenting until the early teen years. Whereas previously referrals were relatively evenly balanced between those assigned male and female gender at birth, there is now a considerable preponderance of those assigned female gender at birth. Further, whereas previously children and young people with transgender did not show high rates of behavioural and emotional disturbance, this is not the case for recent referrals.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Something has changed from 2005 to now, making transkids' mental health worse. Now what do you think that could be?

One can conclude from the evidence that gender dysphoria is a relatively rare but well-defined condition, characterised by a strong desire to be of the gender opposite to that assigned at birth and by an insistence that one is, indeed, of the other gender. Affected transgender individuals are usually aware of its existence by the age of 5 years. Gender dysphoria needs to be distinguished from gender-atypical behaviour, where those assigned male gender at birth showed an interest in activities generally preferred by girls and vice versa. Marked gender-atypical behaviour occurs in around 2–3% of the population, most of whom are not transgender. Further, many children who show gender dysphoria before puberty do not continue to do so during and after pubertal changes occur. However, if gender dysphoria does persist into adolescence, its intensity tends to increase at this time.

From about 2005 until the present, there has been a considerable, perhaps tenfold, increase in the number of children and young people referred to gender identity clinics. This change has been observed not just in the UK, but in Canada, the USA and Finland. These more recent referrals have differed from previous cases in three ways. More recent referrals have been older, often not presenting until the early teen years. Whereas previously referrals were relatively evenly balanced between those assigned male and female gender at birth, there is now a considerable preponderance of those assigned female gender at birth. Further, whereas previously children and young people with transgender did not show high rates of behavioural and emotional disturbance, this is not the case for recent referrals.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

The person who has written the article is a Professor of Psychiatry from University College London, and approaches the subject from his own field of expertise ignoring biological reality and genetics.

iris.ucl.ac.uk...

He uses terms such as 'gender identity' and 'sex assigned at birth' and that's a red flag. These terms are often used by gender ideologues btw and they have been shown not to be valid.

Sex isn't assigned at birth as nobody can assign sex. Sex is observed at birth and can be determined long before the baby comes to life. The term gender identity is laughable and has been debunked several times.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Well from what I am reading how the parents handle this situation and whether or not there is support for the child means everything in the way of success for a child.

Life for children who are transgender from their early years can be challenging. At home, they have to try to communicate how they feel to potentially sceptical parents. At school, they are likely to experience disbelief, mockery and bullying. To cope they need resilient personalities as well as sensitive and understanding parents who are able to explore and talk openly about their children's feelings with acceptance and without trying to influence decisions one way or another. For, as we have seen, although some prepubertal children persist in their transgender identity, in the course of time many will, for reasons we do not understand, desist.3 It is remarkable that most children who have been transgender from a young age reach adolescence without developing a higher-than-expected rate of significant mental health problems.17

Many prepubertal children and their parents will benefit from having available a sympathetic counsellor, psychotherapist or other mental health professional. This will allow exploration of the reasons for the presence of gender dysphoria. Material from voluntary organisations such as Mermaids may be helpful, but parents of young children need to monitor this to ensure that their children are not being encouraged to persist, but are just accepted for what they are at the present time. Difficult decisions about changes of name and the use of toilets need to be negotiated with hopefully sympathetic, open-minded teachers.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Like I said before, I wonder if everyone just stopped making a big deal out of this and with education just made the child feel accepted and loved. As you can see above, it appears many just desist and/or don't have significant mental health problems when supports (societal, parental etc.) are in place.

We wouldn't make ANY deal of it if you'd just leave the children alone!

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg
The term gender identity is laughable and has been debunked several times.

So if you woke up one morning out of the blue with a vagina and breasts, would you suddenly be a woman or would your identity as a man remain? In this scenario wouldn't you call your doctor to try to get things corrected or would you put on frilly knickers and a dress and head to the kitchen to start making sammiches? Do men who lose their genitalia due to disease or injury still not identify as men?

Your repeated authoritarian insistence there is no such thing as a gender identity or that it has been "debunked" is what is laughable and I think most people, even the anti-trans crowd, thinks you are wrong.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Are you sure about that?
I cant speak for anyone else but the 1 thread I authored was only about restricting experimental therapies and surgery on children.
In addition, I am not against anyone in the gay community nor do I discriminate against or ridicule them.

Care to remark on the other question posed?

What experimental therapies.

You keep repeating this.

Transgender has been around a long time.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 02:38 PM
link   

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

We wouldn't make ANY deal of it if you'd just leave the children alone!

It's too late now to leave these children alone since their mental health issues may be directly related to the anti-T agenda that's been going on for so long now. It's the anti-T that needs to leave the kids alone and leave them to those that actually care and have the expertise to help them through whatever they are going through. Perhaps with understanding and inclusion these kids will desist and just be their natural selves.
edit on q00000039930America/Chicago1717America/Chicago9 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdifferentOpinion

originally posted by: AlienBorg
The term gender identity is laughable and has been debunked several times.

So if you woke up one morning out of the blue with a vagina and breasts, would you suddenly be a woman or would your identity as a man remain? In this scenario wouldn't you call your doctor to try to get things corrected or would you put on frilly knickers and a dress and head to the kitchen to start making sammiches? Do men who lose their genitalia due to disease or injury still not identify as men?

Your repeated authoritarian insistence there is no such thing as a gender identity or that it has been "debunked" is what is laughable and I think most people, even the anti-trans crowd, thinks you are wrong.

I am amazed you were given a star for this comment

So if you woke up one morning out of the blue with a vagina and breasts, would you suddenly be a woman or would your identity as a man remain

Truly incredible science! Did you just discover it? Does it have a name or should we give it one? What about 'spontaneous sex reversal'.

In a few words, out of the blue (as you said) a man wakes up with a vagina and breasts! Not even Jesus Christ performs such miracles btw.

Having an accident and loose your genitalia or having a disease doesn't change your biological sex. Whet determines sex is XY

I will say this again,
Sex isn't assigned at birth as nobody can assign sex. Sex is observed at birth and can be determined long before the baby comes to life. The term gender identity is laughable and has been debunked several times.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Your practically screaming for someone to read this study...

MY response to your inquiry is a quote from the sumamry :

"The considerable increase in exposure of teenagers in the past 10 to 15 years to social media replete with references to gender identity would make it surprising if there had not been at least some increase of such self-questioning and confusion in this area."

This is all the more reason NOT to consider hormone or other drugs as "best care practice" as is currently the case in the US.

This represented about 2.2% of the population studied (S. Golombok, personal communication, 5 Jan 2021). Especially for girls, there was considerable continuity between gender-atypical behaviours at 3.5 years and such behaviour at the age of 13 years. These investigators do not report whether any of the children in their study were referred for gender dysphoria. The prevalence of 2.2% for gender-atypical behaviour needs to be contrasted with the much less frequent prevalence of 1 per 6800 Dutch adolescents aged 12 to 18 years who requested medical help for gender dysphoria

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 03:03 PM
link   

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join