It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Allows Georgia Ban On Gender-Affirming Care for Minors

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: AlienBorg
There has been a lot of discussion lately in other threads in relation to the States that have banned or significantly restricted 'gender affirming care' for minors. As far as I know no State has reversed the decisions to ban or significantly restrict this type of 'care' but in some cases these laws were temporarily blocked by Judges. The following article gives a very good summary.

www.forbes.com... /?sh=387b6c1d3080

The link doesn't seem to work for some reason but you can find the article by typing its title:

Judge Allows Georgia Ban On Gender-Affirming Care Access—Here Are The Other Trans Health Restrictions Facing Court Battles

August 20, 2023U.S.

District Judge Sarah Geraghty placed a preliminary injunction on a Georgia law prohibiting in-state physicians from providing hormone replacement therapy to minors, suggesting it likely violated the Fourteenth Amendment’s due process and equal protection clauses and “singles out transgender minors for the denial of essential medical care,” though she did not block a ban on gender-reassignment surgeries.

It's worth noticing Judge Sarah Geraghty temporarily blocked the ban on provision of 'puberty blockers' and hormone replacement 'therapy' but she didn't block the ban on body part mutilations. That says something important in my opinion.

A federal judge lifted a temporary restriction on a Georgia bill that bans access to gender-affirming care for minors on Tuesday, allowing the state to resume enforcement of the ban, adding to a list of other court rulings upholding or blocking similar bans or restrictions in other states

September 5, 2023

U.S. District Judge Sarah Geraghty lifted a preliminary injunction she placed on a Georgia law prohibiting in-state physicians from providing hormone replacement therapy or any gender-transition surgeries to minors, allowing the state to resume enforcing the ban.

The same judge who temporarily blocked part of this 'gender affirming care' for minors has now lifted her own preliminary injunction. This is great news as people and judges realise that kids should be left alone and this type of 'care' for minors should be outlawed.

It appears this judge is waiting to see what the outcome of this appeal trial will be, which she considers a precedent. It will be very interesting to follow as they argue the existing laws, which IMO are outdated and have not kept up with societal changes.

www.them.us...

www.justice.gov...

Unless I am late to the game and this appeal trial already had been decided and this is why this judge went from partial unblocking ban, to temporary full ban, to what? It's new legal territory folks.

You have to read what you link and see whether it's relevant here. The second link is from a LGBTQ+ friendly site, to put it politely, and not to say propaganda site. In this link there is another one

MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — A federal appeals court ruled Monday that Alabama can enforce a ban outlawing the use of puberty blockers and hormones to treat transgender children, the second such appellate victory for gender-affirming care restrictions that have been adopted by a growing number of Republican-led states.

A three-judge panel of the 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals vacated a judge’s temporary injunction against enforcing the law. The judge has scheduled trial for April 2 on whether to permanently block the law.

Alabama Attorney General Steve Marshall called the ruling a “significant victory for our country, for children, and for common sense.”

“The Eleventh Circuit reinforced that the State has the authority to safeguard the physical and psychological wellbeing of minors,” Marshall said.

www.pbs.org...

August 21, 2023

Alabama can enforce ban on puberty blockers and hormones for transgender children, court says

The judge hasn't lifted the ban on surgeries in the first place but put a temporary block on the ban for hormones and 'puberty blockers'.

Either way, it's very unlikely anything else will change.

And you can make use of some good links without the need of LGBTQ+ propaganda. You do understand these developments are further blows to the trans ideology...
edit on 7-9-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Interesting summary, do you have access to the full study?

at least we agree on one thing "more research is needed"
also interesting is some of the noted affiliations associated with the "working group"
Department of Experimental Clinical and Health Psychology
Department of Methods and Experimental Psychology
Department of Electrical, Electronic, and Information Engineering

I think its safe to assume that everyone should read the full study before making judgements...

edit on 07pm30200000023 by datguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlexandrosTheGreat
It’s strange some people would argue that you need to be a mature 18 before you tattoo your body, but you can have a doctor cut out your uterus, testicles, invert your penis, whatever. But shooting an earring gun through the ear lobe, nah uh! No way no how!

Show me one poster in here that supports surgery before age 18 (US).

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 02:44 PM
link   

It’s strange some people would argue that you need to be a mature 18 before you tattoo your body, but you can have a doctor cut out your uterus, testicles, invert your penis, whatever. But shooting an earring gun through the ear lobe, nah uh! No way no how!

Anyway I thought Georgia was this huge left leaning population and they’re even suing president Trump cuz SOMETHIN didn’t add up…shouldn’t the state be all for the genital mutilation!? Or is it simply what Trump was forced to take back, that the politics in Georgia ain’t addind up…

Please don't judge us based on Fulton County .
That county is an afront to the folks of Georgia .

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

No one should .

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: datguy

I promote we are our brain.

That gender is neurological. Who we are is neurological.

“Normal” is just a majority base to measure from. There are many anomalies from normal.

Like my experience with Autism — recognition and treatment (psychological) needs to start early. The brain is just different from the majority. Other areas are most likely affected — not just gender.

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 02:50 PM
link   

ATTENTION...please read before posting further....

BE AWARE THAT IF YOUR POST IS NOT ON TOPIC AND/OR IS ABOUT OTHER MEMBERS YOU MAY BE ABOUT TO BE POST BANNED!
AND, PLEASE REMEMBER THERE IS NO MORE MUD PIT....MUD NOT ALLOWED.

Everyone and I mean everyone is allowed to post here on topic and to do so without being called names or becoming the target of others' posts. Debate the topic and leave each other out of it. OPPOSING VIEWPOINTS are encouraged.

These rules apply to all threads and if you want to engage in personal attacks there are other sites on the Internet where you can do that. Our goal is for ATS to be above that. For members here to post like mature adults.
YOU are responsible for your own posts

Terms And Conditions

And, as always...
Do not reply to this post.

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

No one should .

No they shouldn’t.

I’d say the only exception is just before age 18 — if the parents insurance will cover it.

IF they’ve had years of counseling.
edit on 7-9-2023 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Yes thank you for that, I understand your previous comments much better after reading this study, which i did find in full text
The_Neuroanatomy_of_Transgender_Identity_Mega-Analytic_Findings_From_the_ENIGMA_Transgender_Pe rsons_Working_Group

"Another theory that has been proposed to account for brain differences between transgender and cisgender people are not anatomical differences inherent to sex assigned at birth per se but are rather linked to brain correlates of how one perceives one’s body in relation to one’s gender identity. This is noteworthy as all but one study in the present mega-analysis recruited participants based on DSM-IV/5 criteria of gender identity disorder or gender dysphoria, both of which entail a crucial component of persistent discomfort with the assigned gender. One possibility is that at least some part of this suffering may be associated with a mismatch between the brain correlates of the identified gender and the physical characteristics of the sex assigned at birth."

I am curious if any of the doctors will ever actually read this study as this could directly correlate to cause/effect of perceived precocious puberty symptoms.
Are these brain differences symptomatic of the cause or are symptoms the effects of this difference?
I also am curious how the doctors, most interested in furthering this research, will be biased in determining results of future studies.

"Specifically, one caveat of large-scale mega-analyses is that it is difficult to control what information is being collected, given that different research groups may embark on their studies with different aims and agendas. As a consequence, this may inevitably result in increased sample heterogeneity."

This is one reason for me to maintain my stance that hormones and drugs to treat "transgender" conditions is detrimental, note that this study was of 800+ people with no history of GnRH or hormone treatment

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 03:01 PM
link   

No one should .

No they shouldn’t.

I’d say the only exception is just before age 18 — if the parents insurance will cover it.

Nope.
Sorry , try again .
edit on 9/7/23 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Very good.

I use Autism as an example because it too is a brain difference/disorder/dysfunction also under the gender diverse umbrella.

It’s been a long journey as he was diagnosed before age 2. I was in the “dark” — never heard of high functioning Autism before. I saw the movie Rainman. Nothing like that type of Autism.

There’s a lot of slight but significant differences from normal. It’s not just one thing.

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 03:10 PM
link   

No one should .

No they shouldn’t.

Nope.
Sorry , try again .

I am not required to agree with you.

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 03:12 PM
link   
It's personal for anyone that has kids, loves them and wants them to grow up to be NORMAL

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 03:32 PM
link   

a reply to: tanstaafl
Brain difference.

Brain difference, brain disorder - same-same.

More research is needed.

Nope, just compassionate care for those suffering from these delusions.

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 03:41 PM
link   

unfortunately in this case there is a definitive difference.
The study linked refers to actual physical "difference" in individual MRI's of over 800 people, these differences do not specifically indicate "disorder"

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: OdinsPath
It's personal for anyone that has kids, loves them and wants them to grow up to be NORMAL

Yes, I have a non-binary “open”, born male, high functioning Autistic 15 year old.

I did not “slam my mind shut” to learning everything I could and can learn.

And I listen to those who came before me (and now), who are knowledgeable because they have first hand real life experience.

It’s not about me.

What is his Normal?

edit on 7-9-2023 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: datguy

unfortunately in this case there is a definitive difference.
The study linked refers to actual physical "difference" in individual MRI's of over 800 people, these differences do not specifically indicate "disorder"

It is newish for science study.

So is all the other’s under the same umbrella.

The answer is really — Yes! Brain differences are real — but we’re just beginning to understand.

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Surgeries, hormone therapies are irreversible.

IRREVERSIBLE!

Those that promote this are doing PERMANENT HARM to children.

You can't transition back.

Once it's done it's done.

And people want this for CHILDREN!

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Surgeries, hormone therapies are irreversible.

IRREVERSIBLE!

Those that promote this are doing PERMANENT HARM to children.

You can't transition back.

Once it's done it's done.

And people want this for CHILDREN!

Yes, it's truly unbelievable but thankfully several states have banned all types of 'gender affirming care'.

There needs to be a consensus so that more and more states, If not all, ban all procedures and criminalise anyone who tries to provide this type of 'care'. There is no evidence for any benefits on kids or even on adults, and it seems the reason this type of 'care' found its way in the health systems is the same as the reason transwomen found their way in female sports and competitions.

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Very good.

I use Autism as an example because it too is a brain difference/disorder/dysfunction also under the gender diverse umbrella.

It’s been a long journey as he was diagnosed before age 2. I was in the “dark” — never heard of high functioning Autism before. I saw the movie Rainman. Nothing like that type of Autism.

There’s a lot of slight but significant differences from normal. It’s not just one thing.

Disorder/dysfunction are the words you want to use. The word difference is highly misleading.

It's the same if you have a DSD (Disorder of sex development). Do you see the difference between the two words?

Difference and disorder are different words. But it seems the usual suspects want to change the language again.

The reality is that several states have banned this 'gender affirming care' and the great mistake on their part is they should have never allowed it in the first place.
edit on 7-9-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join