It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump proposes death penalty for human trafficking

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: PorkChop96

a reply to: Sookiechacha

And accountability is such a bad thing?

What do we do with child traffickers now? Send them to Club Med?

Walk into a Prison and ask them what they do with ' Child Traffickers ' .

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg
a reply to: tamusan
it is highly likely the majority will vote in favour of the death penalty for human trafficking and repeated violent offenses and drug related crimes.

Drug... related...?

I'm ok with it when it comes to pushing drugs on kids.

But for simple possession/use by an adult... I certainly hope you are'nt suggesting the death penalty for them?

If we simply decriminalized all drugs, taxed them, just like we do cigarettes and alcohol, there would be waaaaaay more than enough money to provide drug rehabilitation to anyone who wanted it

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

a reply to: tamusan
it is highly likely the majority will vote in favour of the death penalty for human trafficking and repeated violent offenses and drug related crimes.

Drug... related...?

I'm ok with it when it comes to pushing drugs on kids.

But for simple possession/use by an adult... I certainly hope you are'nt suggesting the death penalty for them?

If we simply decriminalized all drugs, taxed them, just like we do cigarettes and alcohol, there would be waaaaaay more than enough money to provide drug rehabilitation to anyone who wanted it

I am not suggesting any of these.
I said that for serious crimes like child trafficking with the purpose of exploitation by pedophilia rings for example, many people will be sympathetic towards the death penalty. This thread is about human trafficking.
edit on 24-7-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 02:19 PM
link   

That's because nothing else works. Yes, Its a big RED FLAG for those whom are evil.

I know as we live in a neighborhood that IMO has at least several families who traffic children and even groom theirs at age 8 forward. They also deal drugs and have important positions in life along with the million dollar homes. Typically they are all swingers.
I made the referral to the FBI in October 2021.

You?
edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: add

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 02:20 PM
link   

In the US we have a history of electing them POTUS.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

That's because nothing else works. Yes, Its a big RED FLAG for those whom are evil.

I know as we live in a neighborhood that IMO has at least several families who traffic children and even groom theirs at age 8 forward. They also deal drugs and have important positions in life along with the million dollar homes. Typically they are all swingers.
I made the referral to the FBI in October 2021.

You?

Interesting!

What did the alphabet agency told you?
If you don't mind of course.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg

Well , it would Eliminate One Big Problem from Ever Coming Back .

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 03:06 PM
link   

“Elect” them president, apparently.
edit on 24-7-2023 by PurpleFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I think human trafficking should be dealt with, although I do not agree with the death penalty in the first place. Also, Trump is a corrupt man, he would frame his political enemies as human traffickers as an excuse to kill them even though they are innocent, and let his friends traffic at will.

Right-wingers pretend that Democrats are sex traffickers all the time, it is already a thing. Then Republicans are the ones who end up getting arrested for it.

If you want to succeed at stopping human trafficking, you need to look at it with a rational mind, without bias. Some people want to use it as an emotional issue to help their war against Democrats or immigrants or whatever, that actually detracts from the process of holding human traffickers accountable.

For example - Ron DeSantis is a human trafficker, he broke the law regarding that issue a few times already with his stunts involving shipping immigrants to other states. Yet I bet some of you would vote for him as President. Humans are not very smart in general.
edit on 24pmMon, 24 Jul 2023 15:16:25 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 24pmMon, 24 Jul 2023 15:17:20 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 03:21 PM
link   
On second thought, carry on...I didn't mean it.

edit on 24-7-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 03:30 PM
link   

a reply to: tanstaafl
I said that for serious crimes like child trafficking with the purpose of exploitation by pedophilia rings for example, many people will be sympathetic towards the death penalty. This thread is about human trafficking.

You said, and I quoted:

"... and drug related crimes."

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

You said, and I quoted:

"... and drug related crimes."

If I said somewhere about drug related crimes is when I was asked or replied to someone who mentioned drugs. But I wasn't referring to possession of drugs. And again my reference will be to those who are sympathetic towards the death penalty for serious crimes. But I never said whether I am in favour or against the death penalty.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 06:08 PM
link   
TDS is alive and well. This is a flimsy argument at best. Meanwhile the left totally ignores the weirdos they want in power, or keep in power. The left is sick and this argument on Trump is weak. I was just denied a reply in this post, probably because I called out the weirdos that the left loves....perverts, criminals and such. FU ATS

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Gotta Love Trump!!

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I think all major crimes should carry the death penalty with a speedy trial just to please the snowflakes!
It guarantees a major drop in crime rates nationwide!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Yeah, that thing about 'wanting' rehab is the problem.

Without harsh penalty, most addicts don't want it bad enough to actual commit to it and succeed.

One of the most successful rehab programs is free. Its not limited to a 30 stay in an expensive vacation style rehab center. And you can go every single day for the rest of your life. Just show up.

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

Whoops, there goes another successfully rehabilitated convict. They wont do that again~

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 09:02 AM
link   

The death penalty serves no one. "Yeah! Let's string em up! Kill him! He won't do that again!" It's no deterent to the crazies. Never...
edit on 07233031America/ChicagoTue, 25 Jul 2023 09:02:30 -050002202300000030 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

So if you were thinking about committing a crime, and saw someone get hung in the town square for the exact crime you were pondering, would you not think twice before committing said crime?

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

The death penalty serves no one. "Yeah! Let's string em up! Kill him! He won't do that again!" It's no deterent to the crazies. Never...

The term "repeat offender" would disappear. You're saying that wouldn't benefit society?

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join