It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump proposes death penalty for human trafficking

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels
a reply to: combatmaster

Whoops, there goes another successfully rehabilitated convict. They wont do that again~

I do not get what you are trying to say...

My position is simple.... death penalty for 90% of crimes with a speedy trial (not petty things like j-walking, obviously)..... and within 6 months the crime rate will also be down by 90%!
Furthermore, you are also saving a $hitton of money by reducing the need for prisons!

Voila!

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

The statement I made was my opinion of the death penalty, for serious crimes such as murder and human trafficking.

We pretty much agree.
edit on 7/25/2023 by CoyoteAngels because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

Of course! You too? Of course...but it hasn't been much deterent worldwide

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Of course...but worldwide...to die for your crime seems to deter no one.Thats all...

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Worldwide is not really much of my priority.

If it were public knowledge that if you kill someone, for any reason unless in self defense, that you would be swiftly hung in the "town square", there would be a lot less people just going around doing it.

Would all crime unanimously go away, of course not. But a step in the right direction to say the least

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 11:23 AM
link   

The death penalty serves justice.

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

And the almighty message of FAFO

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Worldwide can hardly be said when many countries don't have the DP, and many have DP for more minor crimes, or actions not even criminal here.

Muslim countries have a lower crime rate than the US and much of the western world. They have a tendancy to harch punishments.

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 11:39 AM
link   

nvm... too off topic...
edit on 7/25/2023 by CoyoteAngels because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: AlienBorg

The death penalty serves no one. "Yeah! Let's string em up! Kill him! He won't do that again!" It's no deterent to the crazies. Never...

Perhaps you could argue this to the parents of the young people who list their lives due to heroin addiction or those who are victims of slavery and pedophilia.

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Sounds China-ish and N.Korean to me. Oh, and in the middle east...drag em into the square to be killed publicly....

Sigh...yep, yep, yep. Sadly

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Don't go there w me. I got 45 years of Emerg Response, friend. Picked up more than a few kids....thnx so much.

Please. Think a bit out of your box(es). ✌️

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 01:55 PM
link   

And how much crime do they have? Oh yeah, minimal

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Don't go there w me. I got 45 years of Emerg Response, friend. Picked up more than a few kids....thnx so much.

Please. Think a bit out of your box(es). ✌️

It doesn't answer at all my what I said. Whataboutism doesn't really work in these conversations.

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 07:57 AM
link   

To whom? The dead? The victim? I'm for the death penalty, as most of us.....just doesn't seem to ever deter anyone.

And things and nutcases are getting weirder n more disturbed. To those folks...there is no deterent to their crimes...

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Simply...from inside an ambulance: perpetrators do not care about "consequences". That's all...✌️

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 07:59 AM
link   

To whom? The dead? The victim? I'm for the death penalty, as most of us.....just doesn't seem to ever deter anyone.

And things and nutcases are getting weirder n more disturbed. To those folks...there is no deterent to their crimes...

Not a good argument against the death penalty.

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 08:00 AM
link   

IMO, the only reason it is not deterring anyone is for the simple fact that a lot of states have gotten rid of it. They are not using it as much, so more people are seeing what they can get away with and be put in a box with 3 squares a day, a place to sleep and free healthcare.

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 08:00 AM
link   

They also stone to death young women in the town square...if THEYVE been raped.

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 08:05 AM
link   

My friend? The wacked out, deranged, disturbed, depressed, manical, perverted...never care about any "deterent".

I've had some bat-s-it crazy folks restrained in rig under arrest. I mean...they can't acknowledge anything other than the "now".

Death penalty, jail..nothing matters to any of the above.✌️

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join