It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump proposes death penalty for human trafficking

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

And I see you didn't address the practice of allowing the victims to watch.

Why would I need to do that, when you were foaming and frothing about secret executions without documentation and the need for transparency?

Anyone who's ever watched Law and Order know that victims can be present for their abuser's execution.

edit on 24-7-2023 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone
The USA has a very low score in the 'right to freedom from the death penalty' category.

rightstracker.org...

What are you talking about?
Do you know the meaning of the term whataboutism?

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

When logic is not taken into consideration when trying these cases, more often that not, they are just letting the defendant prove their innocence.

If the defendant is pulled over with 14+(quantity not age) young women in his truck, not that hard to establish what was going on here.
edit on 24-7-2023 by PorkChop96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: AlienBorg

Trump sure is obsessed with executing people!

BIG RED FLAG!

Democrats sure don’t care about enforcing laws.
Unless of course they think people on the Right have broken a law.

BIGGER RED FLAG!

They're trying to shift the problem to Trump. But that's a much bigger issue. Human trafficking and the criminal exploitation of women and children is one of the most hideous crimes.

Women are exploited through prostitution cartels and children are falling victims of pedophilia. I am sure these crimes deserve lengthy sentences and many will argue the death penalty.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

When logic is not taken into consideration when trying these cases, more often that not, they are just letting the defendant prove their innocence.

If the defendant is pulled over with 14+ young women in his truck, not that hard to establish what was going on here.

The defense could argue he was giving her a ride or he was letting her to a safer place because she was at risk.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Human tafficking is just another term for modern day slave trading.

Yes.

Kill them.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Anyone who opposes this is subject to scrutiny in my opinion. Should be law of the land. Trafficking has become a very serious issue in the last few decades especially. I saw it all the time, and usually can't do anything about it because of what happens to these victims, they don't speak up.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Where was foaming and frothing? My coffee has a dollop of whipped cream! Want to dial it back a little on that imagery?

Ok, so now you acknowlege that Law and Order has some educational value.

How do you FEEL about victims being allowed to witness an execution?

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Didn't seem to slow down Obama drone striking American citizens with zero due process.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 10:37 AM
link   

It would depend on the cause of the trafficking for me - if it was child prostitution or slavery I support the death penalty but I know a few who had to flee here to the UK to avoid the Cartels and going official routes would have got them murdered.

There's a small but sizeable minority of people being trafficked ethically due to the collapse of South American governments against the Cartels - if the penalty only applied to those guilty of the OHCHR definition I'd support it.

I don't support applying it to anyone or immediately as miscariages of justice/false inprisonment happen where innocent people are wrongly convicted and a far stricter burden of proof and case specific approach should be used to respect reality. Details matter, especially when dishing out capital punishment.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Its completely modern day slave trade. These trafficked children and women that have their lives stolen from them, they just aren't dead.

Why do some people beat up all white Americans for slavery 150 years ago, but don't want to do a thing to stop the modern day version, because Trump wants to.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Didn't seem to slow down Obama drone striking American citizens with zero due process.

That’s why we need to be skeptical and hesitant when we see things like the patriot act curb civil rights and due process.

It’s easy when it’s pulling at emotional heartstrings like terrorism, but we need to think of worst case and outlier scenarios.

I was against the patriot act and Obama droning US citizens (one of whom never got tied to an actual act, he was merely very vocal about people doing acts).

But Obama shouldn’t be used as a bar considering he was a trash president. If anything, he should be used as a template for what not to do.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels

Its completely modern day slave trade. These trafficked children and women that have their lives stolen from them, they just aren't dead.

Why do some people beat up all white Americans for slavery 150 years ago, but don't want to do a thing to stop the modern day version, because Trump wants to.

Because there is an ideology that still wants slaves.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Not just an ideology, but an economy too.

A lot of this could be addressed that cleans up industry who heavily use illegal immigrants.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

From the viewpoint that the victims life's are taken away from them, living in slavery, misery until they are disposed (=killed) like trash, why yes, this is murder.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

If we were to declare the cartels enemy combatants we can do alot more. It's fairly easy when border patrol comes across groups in the desert to tell who the smuggler(s) are. These are enemy combatants. Same as Viet Cong, Taliban, Isis. It's time we think about the reality of the cartels and consider real solutions. 20 years ago we here in the SW warned about the narco-governments growing in power. Welcome to the horrorshow.
edit on 7/24/2023 by CoyoteAngels because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Not just an ideology, but an economy too.

A lot of this could be addressed that cleans up industry who heavily use illegal immigrants.

If I had a plumber standing in my kitchen telling me how he's going to fix my sink for 50 god-damned years, I don't think I'd believe him.

DC will never fix the problem because they benefit from it.
edit on 24-7-2023 by DBCowboy because: I am Batman

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 10:50 AM
link   

And that same ideology continually wants to pay Americans not to work!

It's all upsides backward.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Did you know that it only became federally illegal to traffic, buy and sell and sexually exploit children in January of 1995?

1994 US Code
Title 18 - CRIMES AND CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
PART I - CRIMES
CHAPTER 110 - SEXUAL EXPLOITATION AND OTHER ABUSE OF CHILDREN
Sec. 2251A - Selling or buying of children

We've come a long way, baby!

edit on 24-7-2023 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Pretty sure he, or at least his people, are still very influential in what we are going thru today.

He told us so. He described how cool it would be to be pulling the strings in the shadows of a third admin.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join