It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump proposes death penalty for human trafficking

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 08:27 AM
link   
thehill.com...

Former President Trump released a campaign proposal Friday to punish human traffickers with the death penalty, his latest tough-on-crime policy unveiled as part of his 2024 White House bid.

“When I am back in the White House, I will immediately end the Biden border nightmare that traffickers are using to exploit vulnerable women and children,” Trump said in a video released by his campaign.

I will urge Congress to ensure that anyone caught trafficking children across our border receives the death penalty immediately,” he added.

The former president proposed reimplementing Title 42, a pandemic-era policy that was lifted earlier this year, in order to more quickly expel migrants and return individuals trafficked across the border to their home country.

This is a subject for discussion.

Do you agree with Donald Trump on imposing the death penalty for trafficking children and women across the border.

What about the children or vulnerable adults who have been the victims of trafficking. If they're returned to their countries of origin are they not in great danger to be captured again by the same gangs?

According to United Nations Human Rights
Article 3 - Use of terms

"Trafficking in persons" shall mean the recruitment, transportation, transfer, harbouring or receipt of persons, by means of the threat or use of force or other forms of coercion, of abduction, of fraud, of deception, of the abuse of power or of a position of vulnerability or of the giving or receiving of payments or benefits to achieve the consent of a person having control over another person, for the purpose of exploitation. Exploitation shall include, at a minimum, the exploitation of the prostitution of others or other forms of sexual exploitation, forced labour or services, slavery or practices similar to slavery, servitude or the removal of organs

www.ohchr.org...#:~:text=(c)%20The%20recruitment%2 C%20transportation,under%20eighteen%20years%20of%20age.

edit on 24-7-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 08:34 AM
link   
The USA has a very low score in the 'right to freedom from the death penalty' category.

rightstracker.org...

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Nice .
But the world is too evil .

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg

I will urge Congress to ensure that anyone caught trafficking children across our border receives the death penalty immediately

That would be like asking congress to voluntarily take a 50% pay reduction, agree to age and term limits, no more than four weeks out of session and no exemptions for themselves from the laws the create for the rest of us.

Pandering politics; Trump hits all the issues the average person is disgusted with, yet we all know a POTUS is powerless to change.

All politicians do it, and people who have little concept of how our political system works actually think their chosen candidate can effect such changes.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I don’t really see this coming to fruition.

On a moral level, I’m not opposed to the book being thrown at human traffickers. They don’t have compassion for humans, so I don’t see why anyone should have any for them.

That said, death penalty cases cost the tax payer more since legally it’s a lot harder to get (for good reason, you have to have a bullet proof case which takes longer in the legal system). I also think that people get out easy with death. Maybe it’s anecdotal, but I’d rather die than live a life in prison.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Do you agree with Donald Trump on imposing the death penalty for trafficking children and women across the border.

No , a death penalty should be reserved for the most serious of crimes like murder ... an eye for an eye , traffickers are criminals and should be dealt with as criminals.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Trump sure is obsessed with executing people!

BIG RED FLAG!

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

BIG RED FLAG!

I was just reading about him resuming executions during his reign.
edit on q00000020731America/Chicago5656America/Chicago7 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 09:24 AM
link   

BIG RED FLAG!

Democrats sure don’t care about enforcing laws.
Unless of course they think people on the Right have broken a law.

BIGGER RED FLAG!

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

firing squad is cheaper than 20+ years of incarceration on our dime.......

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

And accountability is such a bad thing?

FAFO

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I uhhhhhhhh.....

I don't see how this is a bad thing.

You deal in human trafficking, you get drawn and quartered in the middle of town square.

That's right. No chamber. No injection.

Horses. Rope. An audience.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

BIG RED FLAG!

I was just reading about him resuming executions during his reign.

Yep, Trump and his MAGAts are all worked up over possibility of public hanging and firing squads. ...Playing to fear and hate, so obvious and base.
edit on 24-7-2023 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

firing squad is cheaper than 20+ years of incarceration on our dime.......

It’s actually not. It costs millions of dollars to get through a capital punishment case.

And in before someone says it shouldn’t, when the government kills a citizen (justified or not), it better be the hardest legal hurdle there is.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

And accountability is such a bad thing?

What do we do with child traffickers now? Send them to Club Med?

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 09:37 AM
link   

LOL

Lets execute the most innocent yet spare the most heinous.

Makes sense to me!

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Playing to fear and hate, so obvious and base.

He does it so well , and you are right.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Is the proposal meaning to return the victims, or would that be a reasonable cause for asylum?

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 09:44 AM
link   
It should be on a case by case basis. If the crime is egregious enough I'd say yes, for example. Hunter Biden shouldn't receive the death penalty for driving a prostitute across state lines. He also shouldn't get off because his last name either. But Jeffery Epstine deserved the death penalty for trafficking hundreds of thousands of victims into a system that will likely kill them in the end.

The problem is Trump has a point, but like usual he ignores nuance and lacks any tact in his execution of what he's trying to convey. Which gives other individuals with similar inabilities the opportunity to display their ignorance and lack of nuance....
Example

BIG RED FLAG!

Not sure what's more nauseating at this point Trump, his detractors, or this never ending feed back loop of ignorance provoking ignorance.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

He said he would ask congress. That's appropriate leadership. Not pandering. In a way, just bringing it up in the campaign is 'asking', and already showing leadership, as he is willing to put it on the table as an action to take.

Joe Biden panders when he says he is going to cancel student loan debt, because he doesn't have that authority.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join