It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump proposes death penalty for human trafficking

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Arent trials a 'case by case' basis. All American law is based on case by case. Why would this be any different?

And he specifically said 'children'. I dont have a problem with that at all. Why do you? If Hunter flew children around on a plane for sexual purposes, Id say he is no better than Epstein and both deserve the penalty.

edit on 7/24/2023 by CoyoteAngels because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

In November of 2020, The Trump administration re-implemented firing squads and gas chambers as methods for the federal government to execute criminals.

Traitors to America first, child traffickers to be executed immediately following.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: AlienBorg

Trump sure is obsessed with executing people!

BIG RED FLAG!

I was just reading about him resuming executions during his reign.

Yep, Trump and his MAGAts are all worked up over possibility of public hanging and firing squads. ...Playing to fear and hate, so obvious and base.

Bread and circuses, Trump promises the circus part in spades.
edit on q00000047731America/Chicago4444America/Chicago7 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

So who did Trump execute? I must have missed that!

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Where did he say 'public'?

Y'all just make # up!

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 09:53 AM
link   
It already is they just call it suicide.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

Where did he say 'public'?

Y'all just make # up!

The former president, if re-elected, is still committed to expanding the use of the federal death penalty and bringing back banned methods of execution, the sources say. He has even, one of the sources recounts, mused about televising footage of executions, including showing condemned prisoners in the final moments of their lives.

So who did Trump execute? I must have missed that!

The former president’s zeal for the death penalty has already proven lethal. During the final months of his administration, he oversaw the executions of 13 federal prisoners. Since 1963, only three federal prisoners had been executed, including Oklahoma City bomber and mass murderer Timothy McVeigh. In January 2021, in the final stretch before Biden would become president, Trump oversaw three executions in four days.

www.rollingstone.com...

Also this:

Daily Wire host Michael Knowles wholeheartedly pitched the idea of public executions on a call-in show, and a Tennessee Republican state representative proposed “hanging by a tree” as a potential execution method. If Knowles’s suggestion landed with little disturbance, that was likely because this territory is already familiar on the right. Earlier this year, Rolling Stone reported that Donald Trump has floated the idea of televised executions. The proposal is of a kind with right-wing moves to harshen capital-punishment protocols as killing criminals becomes a potent electoral issue in the run-up to 2024.

www.theatlantic.com...
edit on 24-7-2023 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Why doesn't Trump just promise to build a new public coliseum? Where? Texas of course.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

How many of these people that are doing the trafficking are legal citizens?

If the proof/evidence is there, cut and dry, it isn't that hard to say yay or nay. The judicial system spends so much time letting people, that they have on almost 100% proof that they are guilty, try to defend themselves and prove their innocence.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 10:02 AM
link   

How many felony offenses, of any crime, are committed by repeat offenders?

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Great leftist sources there!

Plenty of people have 'mused' about public executions. They should be documented for historical record. Under FOIA, if people want to see the documentation, then they shouldn't be kept secret.

Why do you have a problem with transparency in govt? Are you squeamish? The victims get to witness the death penalty being carried out, if they chose. Many do. It's closure. It's justice.

When WE all are victims, say from a terrorist attack that kills hundreds, why not 'televise' the execution?

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

He specifically said 'children'. Do you feel like selling children into slavery should be seriously punished?

How can left leaning people expect us American whites to feel so much guilt over slavery 150 years ago, but not care about eliminating actual slavers in modern day.

Can y'all try to be consistent?

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I agree with the death penalty for human traffickers. I could also support the death penalty for repeat offenders of any violent crime or the trafficking of hard drugs.
edit on 2023 7 24 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

If the proof/evidence is there, cut and dry, it isn't that hard to say yay or nay. The judicial system spends so much time letting people, that they have on almost 100% proof that they are guilty, try to defend themselves and prove their innocence.

Well, it’s the courts jobs to prove guilt, not a defendant to prove innocence.

On this topic though, human trafficking is a lot harder to prove than say murder. Murder is more intimate so you’re more likely to get forensic evidence. Absent the trafficker gets caught red handed, but even then you have varying degrees of intent or involvement, ie you may have a coyote who is under the impression people paid to be moved. That’s different than an organizer who is leveraging and or exploiting people. So here we have to find intent, which is hard legally; and even harder if you’re seeking death for someone.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels

Is the proposal meaning to return the victims, or would that be a reasonable cause for asylum?

Sometimes it could be a reasonable cause for asylum but I think the proposal means the victims of trafficking will be returned to their countries of origin.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

I agree with the death penalty for human traffickers. I could also support the death penalty for repeat offenders of any violent crime or the trafficking of hard drugs.

Many will agree with you.
If there was a type of referendum let's say it is highly likely the majority will vote in favour of the death penalty for human trafficking and repeated violent offenses and drug related crimes.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Trump admin arrested many members of trafficking rings... in big sweeps. I remember being impressed with the numbers.

He meant it.

I'm not hearing of these sweeps any longer.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

Plenty of people have 'mused' about public executions.

Yep, even in this thread!

They should be documented for historical record. Under FOIA, if people want to see the documentation, then they shouldn't be kept secret.

What? The federal government doesn't execute death row inmates in secret, without documentation.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 10:18 AM
link   

They still have a bounty on coyotes in the SW. Maybe they should extend to the human kind.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Video documentation.

And I see you didn't address the practice of allowing the victims to watch. Why do they do that? Is there maybe some healing in it?

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join