It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump proposes death penalty for human trafficking

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg

14+ as in quantity not age*

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

You seriously want us to believe that all that was perfectly legal until 1995?

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels
a reply to: DBCowboy

And that same ideology continually wants to pay Americans not to work!

It's all upsides backward.

You can say that again.....

www.inc.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Sounds like Apple and damn near every other company doing business in China. So maybe nobody should be allowed to do business there at all over their human rights record, but surely you aren't singling out Ivanka so that you can say Trump is bad?

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Human tafficking is just another term for modern day slave trading.

Yes.

Kill them.

It's not only slave trading.
It's also forced prostitution and pedophilia.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

If the defendant is pulled over with 14+(quantity not age) young women in his truck, not that hard to establish what was going on here.

Bachelorette party ?

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDDAgain
a reply to: gortex

From the viewpoint that the victims life's are taken away from them, living in slavery, misery until they are disposed (=killed) like trash, why yes, this is murder.

Many of these victims are killed eventually after being used as slaves, others are used as slaves for their entire lives, women are forced into prostitution, and children become victims of pedophilia rings.

Modern day slavery is a multi-billion business. But there are more aspects of this business probably best not to discuss on this platform.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96
a reply to: Sookiechacha

And accountability is such a bad thing?

FAFO

Responsibility and accountability are against the liberal religion .

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

It would depend on the cause of the trafficking for me - if it was child prostitution or slavery I support the death penalty but I know a few who had to flee here to the UK to avoid the Cartels and going official routes would have got them murdered.

There's a small but sizeable minority of people being trafficked ethically due to the collapse of South American governments against the Cartels - if the penalty only applied to those guilty of the OHCHR definition I'd support it.

I don't support applying it to anyone or immediately as miscariages of justice/false inprisonment happen where innocent people are wrongly convicted and a far stricter burden of proof and case specific approach should be used to respect reality. Details matter, especially when dishing out capital punishment.

Trafficking has to be associated with exploitation according to its definition

Trafficking in persons" shall mean the recruitment, transportation, transfer, harbouring or receipt of persons, by means of the threat or use of force or other forms of coercion, of abduction, of fraud, of deception, of the abuse of power or of a position of vulnerability or of the giving or receiving of payments or benefits to achieve the consent of a person having control over another person, for the purpose of exploitation. Exploitation shall include, at a minimum, the exploitation of the prostitution of others or other forms of sexual exploitation, forced labour or services, slavery or practices similar to slavery, servitude or the removal of organs

If a person pays money to someone else to bring them in the UK or anywhere else (illegally) then this is very different to someone being exploited and forced into slavery and prostitution for example.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

From the viewpoint that the victims life's are taken away from them, living in slavery, misery until they are disposed (=killed) like trash, why yes, this is murder.

That's the argument of the Left over here when it comes to people breaking into our country when in reality the people being "trafficked" are people paying good money for an "easy" entry into the land of Milk & Honey , these are for profit criminal organizations profiting from the failures of government.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I think your post is more related towards illegal aliens and my post is related towards sexual slavery.

If you look at it from the sexual slavery part, where young children as well as adults are sold into slavery, you might look at it different and forget any political bull# about the left and see it as it is: murder with torture and often rape on top.

It might not be the trafficker itself but the one making it possible. So it should, IMHO, be on the same page as murder and not just waived away as "criminal".

A murderer is a criminal, too, btw.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

If you look at it from the sexual slavery part, where young children as well as adults are sold into slavery, you might look at it different and forget any political bull# about the left and see it as it is: murder with torture and often rape on top.

In that situation I agree sentences should be stronger if they're not already but lowering the bar for State sanctioned killing is still a slippery slope I think , although I doubt it would happen , it's campaigning season.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Trump admin was doing DNA matching on the children with their accompanied adults. I believe that was one of the policies Biden IMMEDIATELY rolled back at the border.

Under Obama, the policies were that families are given processing priority. So kidnapping very small children became a thing in Mexico. If you don't have a family, steal one.

Then Trump started the DNA matching.

But Trump had bad border policy and put children in CAGES!

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I agree about it being a dangerous slippery slope. All I was saying is that human trafficking isn't just another crime, it's very comparable to murder. The traffickers know full well what happens to many of the people they sell.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Traffickers should be sentanced to making childrens clothes and toys until they die to pay for their gratitude in being able to continue breathing our air.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I count this topic into human trafficking. The German word that translates to it, includes slave trading. But I might be on the wrong side and it's a translational thing.

Don't want to be offtopic.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Couldn't the victim(s) testify to clear that up?

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 11:46 AM
link   

How does this play out, does the person that physically moves them get the death penalty or the people at the top.
If the latter is the case there would be a lot of people on death row.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Take out enough of the runners and eventually you will get someone who flips on the head of the ops.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

Getting to the head of the operation is going to involve people with money and resources and power of govt behind them. Pablo Escobar ring a bell? He got to build his own prison to keep himself in. We couldn't do a damn thing about it because it was the govt of Columbia dealing with him, not us.

So, I say, shoot the runners in the field onsite as enemy combatants. Pretty soon, they might run out of runners.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join