It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snow White is now brown according to Hollywood

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: AlienBorg
a reply to: quintessentone

How nice of Disney to replace the dwarfs with these non binary gender queer forest entities. You may want to get a taste of hoe the dwarf actors 'welcomed' this move on the Piers Morgan interview where one of the dwarf actors refutes the claims of the woke activist on the panel and exposes the woke ideology. A real blow to this nonsense.

It all points to under-representation needing to be addressed, that's what the little person/actor was pointing out, not what you have muddled it in your mind to reflect rather the little person/actor's are losing work with these changes. And from the looks of the magical forest entities, there is one little person there among all the others representative of 'inclusion'.

What under-representation?!
Are you having a laugh?!

A huge gaffe by Disney, with cultural misappropriation on the menu and plenty of woke nonsense.

It will have the same fate as the last two films that flopped after they went woke.
edit on 21-7-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 10:19 AM
link   

32 pages now!
And it's all because the radical left can't admit Disney made a huge gaffe going woke exposing their 'ideals'.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Non binary or gender queer.

The new one is gender fluid where you constantly drift between Man, Woman, and non as the day progresses.

Gender fluid is not new.

Drift?

You’re attracted to who you’re attracted to — pretty simple.

Either male or female.
There's nothing else.

Disney's trying hard to accommodate gender ideology and all these forest creatures are non binary gender queer...maybe gender fluid

I suppose you see the kind of absurdity this creates.

Oh, are they leaving you and your antiquated ideology coughing in the dust as they progress in acceptance of marginalized people — “polite society” forced to the fringe?

Good!

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 10:25 AM
link   

The new one is gender fluid where you constantly drift between Man, Woman, and non as the day progresses.

Gender fluid is not new.

Drift?

Either male or female.
There's nothing else.

Disney's trying hard to accommodate gender ideology and all these forest creatures are non binary gender queer...maybe gender fluid

Oh, are they leaving you and your antiquated ideology coughing in the dust as they progress in acceptance of marginalized people — “polite society” forced to the fringe?

Good!

What are you talking about?
Do you know the meaning of the work whataboutism?

It's best if you guys who support the radical left ideology to admit Disney's gaffe as you can't defend something like this which is indefensible. How many excuses you have come up until now?

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 10:26 AM
link   

How nice of Disney to replace the dwarfs with these non binary gender queer forest entities. You may want to get a taste of hoe the dwarf actors 'welcomed' this move on the Piers Morgan interview where one of the dwarf actors refutes the claims of the woke activist on the panel and exposes the woke ideology. A real blow to this nonsense.

It all points to under-representation needing to be addressed, that's what the little person/actor was pointing out, not what you have muddled it in your mind to reflect rather the little person/actor's are losing work with these changes. And from the looks of the magical forest entities, there is one little person there among all the others representative of 'inclusion'.

Are you having a laugh?!

A huge gaffe by Disney, with cultural misappropriation on the menu and plenty of woke nonsense.

It will have the same fate as the last two films that flopped after they went woke.

Here's what Peter Drinklage actually said and praised Disney's move to casting a Latina actress:

During a conversation regarding Disney’s upcoming live-action remake of “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs,” Dinklage praised Disney for casting a Latina actress as Snow White but condemned them for continuing to present what he believed were outdated stereotypes.

“Literally no offense to anything, but I was sort of taken aback,” he said. “They were very proud to cast a Latino actress as Snow White, but you’re still telling the story of ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.’ Take a step back and look at what you’re doing there. It makes no sense to me. You’re progressive in one way, but you’re still making that #ing backward story about seven dwarfs living in a cave together. Have I done nothing to advance the cause from my soapbox? I guess I’m not loud enough.”

www.indiewire.com...

So, in summary, the disabled/little people community say that Peter does not speak for all of them.

So it is really over-representation of the stereotyping of little people, or in this case dwarves still living in a cave, but they are not dwarves now are they?
edit on q00000031731America/Chicago4141America/Chicago7 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Again, you cant seem to make a point of your own without alleging I am butthurt or rattled. Do you think that makes your opinion more believable? It doesn't. It makes you look like whiney and weak.

Snow White is a specific character with specific well described traits. Its not a mystery. Its not open to personal interpretation. Skin as white as snow, blood red lips, and hair as black as ebony. Its really very simple until people like you bring politics and religion into it purely for purposes of obfuscation.

As for the creator being alive or not, you seem to think disrespecting the deceased is fair game. I think that is about as cowardly and disgusting as a person can get. No one better to attack than someone who cant defend themselves, eh?

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Gender fluid is not new.

Drift?

Either male or female.
There's nothing else.

Good!

It's best if you guys who support the radical left ideology to admit Disney's gaffe as you can't defend something like this which is indefensible. How many excuses you have come up until now?

Is that your new favorite word? Whataboutism.

You can put it right up there with: Radical Left.

Yes, absolutely I can not only defend, but agree with creative artistry, expanding ideas, going for a fresh new look.

You can continue to stay STUCK.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Queer forest creatures...really? That is a totally different issue in liberals feel that sexual behaviors have something to do with inclusion, and they don't. Liberals spend more time thinking about their sexuality than 13-year-old boys do...lol

Really?

Who makes the biggest fuss?

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 11:24 AM
link   

32 pages now!
And it's all because the radical left can't admit Disney made a huge gaffe going woke exposing their 'ideals'.

NO

That is what YOU are claiming.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

As to 3 or 4 times more posts than yours, it is because there are like 4 or 5 of you directly engaged with me on this issue and I do try to reply as a courtesy to their efforts.

Good thing you're here to fight the woke!

Queer forest creatures...really?

Ah well, you know, Hakuna Matata dude!

edit on 21-7-2023 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Lol
It’s not Snow White
It’s the wish version of Snow White

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Are you having a laugh?!

Here's what Peter Drinklage actually said and praised Disney's move to casting a Latina actress:

During a conversation regarding Disney’s upcoming live-action remake of “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs,” Dinklage praised Disney for casting a Latina actress as Snow White but condemned them for continuing to present what he believed were outdated stereotypes.

“Literally no offense to anything, but I was sort of taken aback,” he said. “They were very proud to cast a Latino actress as Snow White, but you’re still telling the story of ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.’ Take a step back and look at what you’re doing there. It makes no sense to me. You’re progressive in one way, but you’re still making that #ing backward story about seven dwarfs living in a cave together. Have I done nothing to advance the cause from my soapbox? I guess I’m not loud enough.”

www.indiewire.com...

So, in summary, the disabled/little people community say that Peter does not speak for all of them.

So it is really over-representation of the stereotyping of little people, or in this case dwarves still living in a cave, but they are not dwarves now are they?

That's an excuse.
You may want to take a look at the Piers Morgan interview instead of trying to isolate events. The same is true for Peter Dinklage, he doesn't speak for everyone else.

The dwarf actor was correct to point out they make them unemployed by giving their roles to other actors who are not dwarfs just for the sake of political correctness and the woke nonsense.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 12:12 PM
link   

32 pages now!

NO

That is what YOU are claiming.

Take a look around and see why there are 32 pages. It's easy!

The radical left is unable to concede they lost another argument and they're trying hard to defend the gaffe by Disney without being successful. Disney embarrassed themselves for once more.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg
They have taken a classic and turned it into pure ass.
Watching them declare this a victory is hilarious.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Gender fluid is not new.

Drift?

Either male or female.
There's nothing else.

Good!

Is that your new favorite word? Whataboutism.

You can put it right up there with: Radical Left.

Yes, absolutely I can not only defend, but agree with creative artistry, expanding ideas, going for a fresh new look.

You can continue to stay STUCK.

The butchering of the movie and the wokeness of Disney isn't creative artistry and 'expanding' ideas. Having non binary gender queer forest entities instead of dwarfs is just an embarrassment that will lead to going broke. Just as the last two movies by Disney that flopped because of their wokeness.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
They have taken a classic and turned it into pure ass.
Watching them declare this a victory is hilarious.

True.

Nobody else this is a victory. The only people who see no issue with the change of the story are those on the radical left.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Queer forest creatures...really? That is a totally different issue in liberals feel that sexual behaviors have something to do with inclusion, and they don't. Liberals spend more time thinking about their sexuality than 13-year-old boys do...lol

Really?

The radical left!
Trying to defend the indefensible.
You see?

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Too bad they can’t come up with any woke lgbtqrstuvwxyz stories that anyone wants to pay to watch.
All they can do is crap on existing stories, then expect the public to cheer them crapping.
No thanks
Get your own crap, you are supposed to be the “artistic” people; all you do is recycle others work.
Quit stealing others, make your own.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Really?

The radical left!
Trying to defend the indefensible.
You see?

Get real!

Those that make the most fuss are those who think like you.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 12:21 PM
link   

The radical left is unable to concede they lost another argument and they're trying hard to defend the gaffe by Disney without being successful.

LOL

You decided a winner and loser here in this thread of yours? And you're the winner? Disney's the loser? LOL

All I see are a bunch of right wingers, clutching their pearls and desperately holding on to and protecting fairytale images, like they're confederate soldiers' statues in a town square in Georgia!

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join