It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snow White is now brown according to Hollywood

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg

originally posted by: KindraLabelle2
I did not read all 34 pages of comments, but reacting on the OP, all I can think is : "why?"
why do they need to pull stories out of their context?
why do they need to make a woke remake of everything? why not make new movies, new Disney releases and make them as woke as they want? Why touch on the old stuff that was good in the eyes of the older generations?

Some of my favorite movies from when I was younger have been remade recently and all I can say is that they mutilated them! for ex:
Interview with a vampire, after the Anne Rice novel ( I'm sure a bunch of hot vampires that drew women all over the world to theaters had a lot to do with why it became a blockbuster). I'm also sure that Anne Rice didn't intent them to be gay, as they are in the ridiculous remake series! No offense to gay people.

Then there is the nineties movie The Craft, which I must have seen a hundred times. A movie about 4 teen witches.
Then they did the remake a couple of years ago, in which one of them is gay, one is trans, one is non binary and one is black (I have no problem with one being black, but I do have a problem with the other 3 ). That remake was made to make sure it had every woke aspect in it... the result was again, ridiculous!

And now snow white? A black snow white doesn't make sense. It would be like making a historical movie with white African slaves and Asian slave holders in a 17th century American setting. It does not make sense!

But woke and reasonable don't go together.

LOL

You get more entertaining by the minute.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
a reply to: NotMEMaybeU

Many people/groups complain about ethic/cultural divisions.

Try science: In biological anthropology, Caucasoid has been used as an umbrella term for phenotypically similar groups from these different regions, with a focus on skeletal anatomy, and especially cranial morphology, without regard to skin tone.

Racial classification is an inexact science. Forensic anthropologists never make definitive ancestry pronouncements. They say a bone is “consistent with” European ancestry or “likely” of Asian ancestry. For a long time, forensic anthropologists assumed that if the skull was indented, the person may be Black. But in 2003 study found that only 40% of africans had it and it was prominent in other cultures. Another study showed that they were wrong 80% of the time when trying to identify bones of a mixed race.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 02:52 PM
link   

LOL

No, actually it's 'woke' that is entertaining.

I asked my kid the other day why she was watching all these woke vids on TikTok? did she support this whole movement? What is it?
Her answer: Because the comments are so good! the comments are entertaining...

woke has become entertainment and entertainment is big money.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I did not read all 34 pages of comments, but reacting on the OP, all I can think is : "why?"
why do they need to make a woke remake of everything? why not make new movies, new Disney releases and make them as woke as they want? Why touch on the old stuff that was good in the eyes of the older generations?

Some of my favorite movies from when I was younger have been remade recently and all I can say is that they mutilated them! for ex:
Interview with a vampire, after the Anne Rice novel ( I'm sure a bunch of hot vampires that drew women all over the world to theaters had a lot to do with why it became a blockbuster). I'm also sure that Anne Rice didn't intent them to be gay, as they are in the ridiculous remake series! No offense to gay people.

Then there is the nineties movie The Craft, which I must have seen a hundred times. A movie about 4 teen witches.
Then they did the remake a couple of years ago, in which one of them is gay, one is trans, one is non binary and one is black (I have no problem with one being black, but I do have a problem with the other 3 ). That remake was made to make sure it had every woke aspect in it... the result was again, ridiculous!

And now snow white? A black snow white doesn't make sense. It would be like making a historical movie with white African slaves and Asian slave holders in a 17th century American setting. It does not make sense!

LOL

Happy to entertain you.
But woke is woke and woke doesn't go together with reason and logic.
edit on 21-7-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

You seem to have ignored my post earlier

When you say try science you need to be careful how do you use this term or science itself.

Are we talking about the same 'science' where there are more than a million different genders? Where a man can become a woman by just making a wish?

See how entertaining is the woke ideology?!

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 02:59 PM
link   

LOL

Happy to entertain you.

Reason and logic evolve with new ideas and understanding.

You choose STUCK — not compatible with reason and logic.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 03:00 PM
link   

When you say try science you need to be careful how do you use this term or science itself.

Are we talking about the same 'science' where there are more than a million different genders? Where a man can become a woman by just making a wish?

Not ignored.

Intentionally skipped.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 03:03 PM
link   

LOL

Happy to entertain you.

What new ideas?
Some debunked woke nonsense?
That's hardly any new ideas.

Woke isnt compatible with reason and logic.
35 pages of desperate attempts by the radical left. That's why we are in page35

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: NotMEMaybeU

Try science: In biological anthropology, Caucasoid has been used as an umbrella term for phenotypically similar groups from these different regions, with a focus on skeletal anatomy, and especially cranial morphology, without regard to skin tone.

Racial classification is an inexact science. Forensic anthropologists never make definitive ancestry pronouncements. They say a bone is “consistent with” European ancestry or “likely” of Asian ancestry. For a long time, forensic anthropologists assumed that if the skull was indented, the person may be Black. But in 2003 study found that only 40% of africans had it and it was prominent in other cultures. Another study showed that they were wrong 80% of the time when trying to identify bones of a mixed race.

This is not a science debate.

People make “lists” for various reasons.

Some people will complain about what other people do.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Not ignored.

Intentionally skipped.

As it doesn't suit your arguments.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Trying to defend the indefensible take you nowhere.

Who is going to watch this movie? Only the woke people but that's not even a guarantee.

link   

Trying to defend the indefensible take you nowhere.

Who is going to watch this movie? Only the woke people but that's not even a guarantee.

link   

LOL

Happy to entertain you.

What new ideas?

YOU choose STUCK.

I’m moving on from that.

It’s the most reasonable, logical thing to do.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 03:06 PM
link   

LOL

Happy to entertain you.

What new ideas?

YOU choose STUCK.

I’m moving on from that.

It’s the most reasonable, logical thing to do.

The woke is stuck in their fantasy world...

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Perhaps you missed some of the posts. Links provided earlier in the so many pages...

Disney has experienced troubles at the box office as well as in streaming. Recent Disney/Pixar movies Lightyear and Strange World, with budgets of $200 million and $180 million, respectively, flopped at the box office. Both films stirred up controversy over explicit LGBT themes in movies intended for children and families.

Disney had some serious box office failures last year. Light Year and Strange World were both massive failures. It could be that Disney+ subscribers just weren’t excited about what Disney had to offer. Then again, these two films, in particular, were heavily criticized for their “woke ideology,” so perhaps it comes full circle.

These two woke releases were massive failures as expected.

You go woke you go broke.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg

well it's a year old still spreading over the globe since Disney isn't watched in the US alone... I'm sure they'll break even soon enough

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 03:25 PM
link   

LOL

woke has become entertainment and entertainment is big money.

"Woke" is just something the right wing picked up from Qanon. But you are absolutely correct in that it is entertainment and is big money.

It's exactly how I make my living in this digital-technological world; from shooting the ads you now see on gas pumps to feature films streamed on more platforms than you can count. If this is what determines "woke" you can't stop it and it allows me to live a life style I never in my wildest dreams felt possible. And I owe it all to the University of California; Another entity all you haters hate, education.

edit on 21-7-2023 by olaru12 because: sp

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: AlienBorg

well it's a year old still spreading over the globe since Disney isn't watched in the US alone... I'm sure they'll break even soon enough

But the resistance to woke seems to be greater outside the US though.
A lot of parents here don't support woke ideas in their children.

In parts of Asia it's still considered a crime,
In most parts of Europe election years are coming up and this whole woke awareness thing is feeding the extreme right political parties. In a lot of places they will get the majority of votes, a lot thanks to 'woke' (next to migration issues)

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 03:39 PM
link   

No the thread not a science debate, but you are the one who brought up science to try and prove whatever point you were trying to make, I just answered you with science.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

"Woke" is just something the right wing picked up from Qanon. But you are absolutely correct in that it is entertainment and is big money.

It's exactly how I make my living in this digital-technological world; from shooting the ads you now see on gas pumps to feature films streamed on more platforms than you can count. If this is what determines "woke" you can't stop it and it allows me to live a life style I never in my wildest dreams felt possible. And I owe it all to the University of California; Another entity all you haters hate, education.

Of course, there will always be people profiting from it, even those that don't support the movement.
If a certain kind of woke person enters my store, even though I don't support what he/she/it/them stand for, I would still make a sale and make money.
The difference is that in my case, me making money doesn't support the movement. But MM turning woke into entertainment for money does.

and just for the record, I don't 'hate' anyone.
It is only my opinion that certain extremities and perversions should stay behind closed doors in private settings.

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join