It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snow White is now brown according to Hollywood

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

However, the guy in pink in the picture above portrays Thomas Jefferson. Or does he? You know, because he's black, and you can't just wave a magic wand....blah, blah, blah

You must disapprove of what Lin-Manuel did with this historical retelling of America's beginnings.

Once again you make zero points here. Lin-Manuel invented his musical anyway he liked, I don't care. Diggs was unique to the part, so your assumptions are stupid.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

And Romeo & Juliet become Puerto Rican in West Side Story.

The horrors. The cultural appropriation.

Never should have let it happen.

It's freaken funny how you all think cultural appropriation is only important when Whites do it...lol geez If you do not care about cultural appropriation then go have a talk with the progressives that invented it.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

so your assumptions are stupid.

Okay, Let me get this straight. You don't hate it when a Broadway playwriter rewrites history and portrays Thomas Jefferson as black. But change the Little Mermaid's skin color to black, and it's just not the "Little Mermaid" anymore. Right?

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Okay, Let me get this straight. You don't hate it when a Broadway playwriter rewrites history and portrays Thomas Jefferson as black. But change the Little Mermaid's skin color to black, and it's just not the "Little Mermaid" anymore. Right?

You assume I agree with Lin-Manuel perspective. You are trying to compare apples to oranges here in the little Marmaid looked the same for 30+ years to 100 million little kids and then one day red-headed Ariel is now someone totally different, but for some reason is the old Ariel and they expect kids to just go along with it...lol If they wanted a Black Marmaid they could have made a totally new storyline with maybe Ariel playing a secondary role in it, but they were more interested in canceling anything that might be seen as White.

The characters I have grown up with throughout my life don't need to be remade and that goes for Ariel or even Dora as I suggested. Dwarves don't need to be remade into weird queer creatures either, so make a new story with queer creatures...they are lazy and pretty much lost all talent. Let's just add James Bond doesn't need to be remade into a Black woman either...

So you disagree with all this, but it seems you can't accept that others agree with me. Get over it and move on ...lol

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 05:50 PM
link   
A pretty long thread. and not sure if somebody had noted the related issue of the "dwarfs".

I find it more striking, because even as a "snowy" white person in winter (or indoors), I do change skin-tone in summer, if exposed to the sun.

However, you can't change your height.
(Not talking movie effects, or high-heels, for example).

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

However, the guy in pink in the picture above portrays Thomas Jefferson. Or does he? You know, because he's black, and you can't just wave a magic wand....blah, blah, blah

You must disapprove of what Lin-Manuel did with this historical retelling of America's beginnings.

Once again you make zero points here. Lin-Manuel invented his musical anyway he liked, I don't care. Diggs was unique to the part, so your assumptions are stupid.

Then why are you so triggered when Disney writers do the same thing. Talk about stupid! The Grimm bros said they don't care how Disney wants to portray their original characters, however they aren't to pleased with the tale being in English rather than German the language they wrote Snow White in.

Picky, picky...
edit on 20-7-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
A pretty long thread. and not sure if somebody had noted the related issue of the "dwarfs".

I find it more striking, because even as a "snowy" white person in winter (or indoors), I do change skin-tone in summer, if exposed to the sun.

However, you can't change your height.
(Not talking movie effects, or high-heels, for example).

I have already discussed this so many times.
The entire cast is replaced for the sake of this bizarre woke ideology. Instead of the seven dwarfs they seem to have seven weird non binary gender queer forest creatures. Some of them could be trans but we don't know their gender identity yet. I have linked the video a few times but it doesn't matter, the more people who watch the video the better it is because you can appreciate how the dwarf actor refutes all the arguments made by the woke activist and exposes the woke ideology.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Then why are you so triggered when Disney writers do the same thing. Talk about stupid!

The radical left is upset to the point they can't defend Disney's gaffe and go about this with a number of nonsensical claims repeating them again ana again and no wonder why we have had 30 pages of this.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Change is scary.

They're coming for our children!

They're coming for our Country!

They're coming for our way of life!

TO ARMS COMRADES!

TO ARMS!

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
Change is scary.

They're coming for our children!

They're coming for our Country!

They're coming for our way of life!

TO ARMS COMRADES!

TO ARMS!

Shush, the new episode of "Housewives of Boise" is on in a few.

And GrubHub is delivering ribs.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Heh.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg

originally posted by: olaru12

Then why are you so triggered when Disney writers do the same thing. Talk about stupid!

The radical left is upset to the point they can't defend Disney's gaffe and go about this with a number of nonsensical claims repeating them again ana again and no wonder why we have had 30 pages of this.

Love when the radical Right defines what they deem the radical Left.

There’s a lopsided imbalance going on.

I think they’re using the Wicked Step-mothers “magic mirror”.

Or is it the mother’s mirror.

I believe it was originally the mother, but that was offensive, so rewritten as a step-mother. Oh the horrors.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

You assume I agree with Lin-Manuel perspective.

What perspective? Thomas Jefferson was a real, historic person. For the past 250 years, or so, we've known he was a white man.

So you disagree with all this, but it seems you can't accept that others agree with me.

Some posters, the usual suspects here, do align with your hypocrisy on this subject. I'm just here to point out that hypocrisy. Get over it.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 06:30 PM
link   

It's freaken funny how you all think cultural appropriation is only important when Whites do it...lol geez If you do not care about cultural appropriation then go have a talk with the progressives that invented it.

How about Donna Reed as a Native American? Among others.

Must be the fault of progressives.

Not “white is right” Capitalism.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 06:59 PM
link   
The leftists are going to get their Snow White (lol)

Disney will lose more money.

Then the left will blame it on racism instead of Disney not doing anything original.

The dwarves are now gay.

It reminds me more and more of "Fahrenheit 451" than anything else.

Hell, I've started using actual dictionaries from my old book piles instead of relying on on-line definitions because the left keeps changing definitions.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Makes me think about people with albinism.

Never mind their stigmatization and persecution (especially in parts of Africa), but the last overt role/character I can recall is the evil, self-flagellating priest in The Da Vinci Code.
edit on 20-7-2023 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 07:11 PM
link   

How about Donna Reed as a Native American? Among others.

Must be the fault of progressives.

Not “white is right” Capitalism.

How about Mel Gibson as mlk?

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Then the left will blame it on racism instead of Disney not doing anything original.

The dwarves are now gay.

Hell, I've started using actual dictionaries from my old book piles instead of relying on on-line definitions because the left keeps changing definitions.

The dwarves are now gay

Non binary or gender queer. Some could be gay and some other could be trans. We don't know yet. But you could take a lot at the last two films they released that flopped because of their woke messages. Same will happen to this one.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The dwarves are now gay.

The dwarves are now gay

Non binary or gender queer. Some could be gay and some other could be trans. We don't know yet. But you could take a lot at the last two films they released that flopped because of their woke messages. Same will happen to this one.

If they quit filming now and just release it as is, it will lose less money and still be an Oscar contender for the “checked every ethic and sexual orientation box” category…..Hollywood would probably even praise its “rough cut” nature and originality.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 08:13 PM
link   
And to think, since Nixon-era America, I always thought it would be Dopey to get the chop.

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join