It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snow White is now brown according to Hollywood

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: wdkirk

originally posted by: AlienBorg

originally posted by: DBCowboy
The leftists are going to get their Snow White (lol)

Disney will lose more money.

Then the left will blame it on racism instead of Disney not doing anything original.

The dwarves are now gay.

It reminds me more and more of "Fahrenheit 451" than anything else.

Hell, I've started using actual dictionaries from my old book piles instead of relying on on-line definitions because the left keeps changing definitions.

The dwarves are now gay

Non binary or gender queer. Some could be gay and some other could be trans. We don't know yet. But you could take a lot at the last two films they released that flopped because of their woke messages. Same will happen to this one.

If they quit filming now and just release it as is, it will lose less money and still be an Oscar contender for the “checked every ethic and sexual orientation box” category…..Hollywood would probably even praise its “rough cut” nature and originality.

Based

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Then why are you so triggered when Disney writers do the same thing. Talk about stupid! The Grimm bros said they don't care how Disney wants to portray their original characters, however they aren't to pleased with the tale being in English rather than German the language they wrote Snow White in.

Picky, picky...

I'm not triggered, you all are because I don't agree with it. Let me go back to many pages and ask the question again "Why" do they need to change it all up in the first place? Just accept that I disagree and stop the endless whataboutism here. There were zero reasons outside of their woke ideology to change everything with a taint of whiteness to it.

Once again they can do what they want, they can create another bomb, and it's all on them. It's not like you or I will even watch it anyways...lol

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Some posters, the usual suspects here, do align with your hypocrisy on this subject. I'm just here to point out that hypocrisy. Get over it.

Well, thank you old wise one...geez. This has gone on for 30 pages only because you and a few others can not accept that people disagree with these actions and you just do not let it rest as you all fail to see the ulterior motives driving all this that has stretched for a few years now. Go woke go broke...

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

How about Donna Reed as a Native American? Among others.

Must be the fault of progressives.

Not “white is right” Capitalism.

You do know there is a page that lists every cultural appropriation known to man and guess which side created it. So either live by your rules or be hypocrites.

You all are just making this all up as you go anyways in never-ending spirals down rabbit holes. Spare me all your selective outrage...

There is no need to reinvent iconic characters that for many decades people have come to love unless there is agenda attached.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
Change is scary.

They're coming for our children!

They're coming for our Country!

They're coming for our way of life!

TO ARMS COMRADES!

TO ARMS!

Funny stuff until changes come that even you disagree with. If 7 seven-year-old can change their sex then they are old enough to have sex, right? Millions of pedophiles are chomping at the bits for that change and that will be the start. You think that is crazy...well a lot today was crazy 10 years ago too. So buckleup friend the real ride is about to start.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Love when the radical Right defines what they deem the radical Left.

Serious question, do you consider me radical right?

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 11:19 PM
link   

What perspective? Thomas Jefferson was a real, historic person. For the past 250 years, or so, we've known he was a white man.

I'm not sure what you are looking for here. Do you want to create a post for each thing the left is reinventing? This one is about Snow White, and Disney overall.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: wdkirk

If they quit filming now and just release it as is, it will lose less money and still be an Oscar contender for the “checked every ethic and sexual orientation box” category…..Hollywood would probably even praise its “rough cut” nature and originality.

Let's see.. Change a white toon into a minority... check
Hit every color of the queer rainbow... check
Get rid of the whole Man comes to help the Woman event... check

This is an Oscar in the making.

edit on 20-7-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Non binary or gender queer.

The new one is gender fluid where you constantly drift between Man, Woman, and non as the day progresses.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Love when the radical Right defines what they deem the radical Left.

Serious question, do you consider me radical right?

Probably not radical, but conservative. I think you’re more open minded than you come across, but you like a solid foundation.

Me too actually, I’m just more open about people being who they are.

I was a 40+ year Republican — until they lost their minds.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 11:56 PM
link   

The new one is gender fluid where you constantly drift between Man, Woman, and non as the day progresses.

Gender fluid is not new.

Drift?

You’re attracted to who you’re attracted to — pretty simple.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Gender fluid is not new.

Drift?

Either male or female.
There's nothing else.

Disney's trying hard to accommodate gender ideology and all these forest creatures are non binary gender queer...maybe gender fluid

I suppose you see the kind of absurdity this creates.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Gender fluid is not new.

Drift?

Either male or female.
There's nothing else.

Disney's trying hard to accommodate gender ideology and all these forest creatures are non binary gender queer...maybe gender fluid

Some of these magical forest creatures also have different colored skin and may represent the disabled community. Imagine a wheel-chair accessible Santa's sleigh.

Read it and weep.

In the past few years, as part of their Reimagine Tomorrow initiative and Inclusion key, Disney has been making a more active effort to be inclusive of people of color, LGBTQIA+ people, people with disabilities, and other minorities often overlooked. The holiday overlay of “it’s a small world” at Disneyland debuted two dolls in wheelchairs, and similar dolls are coming soon to the attraction in Magic Kingdom and Disneyland Paris. A mannequin in a wheelchair and another with a cochlear implant were added to Creations Shop in EPCOT. The Santa Claus meet-and-greet at EPCOT this past holiday season also had a wheelchair-accessible sleigh.

Disney has committed to “cultivating an environment where all people feel welcomed and appreciated for their unique life experiences, perspectives and culture. Where we celebrate allyship and support for each other. And where diverse views and ideas are sought after as critical contributions towards our collective success,” per the Disney Parks Blog, and they say the fifth key is the center of that philosophy.

It was only last year that Disney started to hire diverse actors, including Black people, to portray Santa Claus.

The studio has followed suit. The live action “The Little Mermaid” made history as Ariel was portrayed by Black actress Halle Bailey. Moreover, Disney has advertised an effort to accurately represent global cultures by working with indigenous advisors and crew throughout the production of movies such as “Moana,” “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever,” and “Encanto.”

wdwnt.com...

The newest Little Mermaid movie actually did very well at the box office. Why? Keyword: Representation.

It received mixed reviews from critics, who praised the performances of the cast and the musical sequences but criticized the visual effects and character designs. The film has grossed $542 million worldwide against a total production budget of $250 million, becoming the seventh-highest-grossing film of 2023.

en.wikipedia.org...(2023_film)#:~:text=It%20received%20mixed%20reviews%20from,highest%2Dgrossing%20film%20of%202023.

Next? Other cultures - here and abroad.

Get the drift, AlienBorg?
edit on q00000006731America/Chicago5454America/Chicago7 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

This has gone on for 30 pages only because you and a few others can not accept that people disagree with these actions and you just do not let it rest as you all fail to see the ulterior motives driving all this that has stretched for a few years now.

LOL
You're pretty invested in this thread. You've got 5 pages of posts compared to my 1.2 pages.

Once again, just for the record.

You said:

When you physically change a character it is no longer that character. Wave your magic wand and now Ariel is Black and so it isn't Ariel anymore, this is so simple it's stupid.

You're okay with Lin-Manuel changing the skin color of Thomas Jefferson, but you're not okay with Disney changing the skin color of The Little Mermaid.

That's called hypocrisy.

Well, thank you old wise one...

You're welcome!

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Gender fluid is not new.

Drift?

Maybe it's drift... It changes daily hard to keep up...I'm not saying who you might be attracted to, I'm saying how you feel for the moment.

edit on 21-7-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 09:31 AM
link   

You're okay with Lin-Manuel changing the skin color of Thomas Jefferson, but you're not okay with Disney changing the skin color of The Little Mermaid.

I didn't say I was OK with it, now that is like the 3 or 4th time I said it. It is a unique perspective and I'm not really against that type of thing though not agreeing it is something really great. Where I see a case of "why do it" is if there was a case that an iconic figure was changed after already established for generations. Changing Jefferson to Black or creating Ariel as Black, or having Dora Hispanic in the original creation is perfectly fine with me. It's when any of them are changed after already established as they are and I see that as ulterior motives driving it. So with Hamilton, the creator wanted Jefferson to be Black to establish a unique perspective with his play. Now what would happen if another playwriter made Fredrick Douglass White in doing the same thing?

Liberals love Hamilton with a slow clap for a job well done, just as they love the idea to change up other white-looking iconic characters to something different in the sense of race, gender, sexuality etc. For example, why a Black female James Bond? As you can see in all these posts I keep going back to the "why" and not so much some personal feelings about it.

I'm a little deeper in my point to not change toons when we are talking about kids who don't look at a Black Airel and say oh this is a different perspective like Jefferson is in Hamilton, and so they just look confused as they KNOW that isn't Ariel. This is not needed and so Disney/Hollywood is on some Woke train to change anything seen as White and/or straight and it has not gone very well, has it?

As I said most of this is just being lazy with a sheer lack of imagination and talent to only remake and not invent new.

As to 3 or 4 times more posts than yours, it is because there are like 4 or 5 of you directly engaged with me on this issue and I do try to reply as a courtesy to their efforts. If you went back and looked at just my original posts it is just a few.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

Gender fluid is not new.

Drift?

Either male or female.
There's nothing else.

Some of these magical forest creatures also have different colored skin and may represent the disabled community. Imagine a wheel-chair accessible Santa's sleigh.

Read it and weep.

In the past few years, as part of their Reimagine Tomorrow initiative and Inclusion key, Disney has been making a more active effort to be inclusive of people of color, LGBTQIA+ people, people with disabilities, and other minorities often overlooked. The holiday overlay of “it’s a small world” at Disneyland debuted two dolls in wheelchairs, and similar dolls are coming soon to the attraction in Magic Kingdom and Disneyland Paris. A mannequin in a wheelchair and another with a cochlear implant were added to Creations Shop in EPCOT. The Santa Claus meet-and-greet at EPCOT this past holiday season also had a wheelchair-accessible sleigh.

Disney has committed to “cultivating an environment where all people feel welcomed and appreciated for their unique life experiences, perspectives and culture. Where we celebrate allyship and support for each other. And where diverse views and ideas are sought after as critical contributions towards our collective success,” per the Disney Parks Blog, and they say the fifth key is the center of that philosophy.

It was only last year that Disney started to hire diverse actors, including Black people, to portray Santa Claus.

The studio has followed suit. The live action “The Little Mermaid” made history as Ariel was portrayed by Black actress Halle Bailey. Moreover, Disney has advertised an effort to accurately represent global cultures by working with indigenous advisors and crew throughout the production of movies such as “Moana,” “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever,” and “Encanto.”

wdwnt.com...

The newest Little Mermaid movie actually did very well at the box office. Why? Keyword: Representation.

It received mixed reviews from critics, who praised the performances of the cast and the musical sequences but criticized the visual effects and character designs. The film has grossed $542 million worldwide against a total production budget of $250 million, becoming the seventh-highest-grossing film of 2023.

en.wikipedia.org...(2023_film)#:~:text=It%20received%20mixed%20reviews%20from,highest%2Dgrossing%20film%20of%202023.

Next? Other cultures - here and abroad.

Get the drift, AlienBorg?

Are you trying to excuse Disney's gaffe?! You're not the only one btw. If you take a look at the many pages on this thread the only people who don't see anything wrong with the changes by Disney are those who align with the radical left ideology.

They go woke and they will go broke.
Same happened with the other recent films that flopped after Disney insisted with their woke nonsense.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

How nice of Disney to replace the dwarfs with these non binary gender queer forest entities. You may want to get a taste of hoe the dwarf actors 'welcomed' this move on the Piers Morgan interview where one of the dwarf actors refutes the claims of the woke activist on the panel and exposes the woke ideology. A real blow to this nonsense.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 09:46 AM
link   

a reply to: quintessentone

How nice of Disney to replace the dwarfs with these non binary gender queer forest entities. You may want to get a taste of hoe the dwarf actors 'welcomed' this move on the Piers Morgan interview where one of the dwarf actors refutes the claims of the woke activist on the panel and exposes the woke ideology. A real blow to this nonsense.

It all points to under-representation needing to be addressed, that's what the little person/actor was pointing out, not what you have muddled it in your mind to reflect rather the little person/actor's are losing work with these changes. And from the looks of the magical forest entities, there is one little person there among all the others representative of 'inclusion'.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

It all points to under-representation needing to be addressed, that's what the little person/actor was pointing out, not what you have muddled it in your mind to reflect rather the little person/actor's are losing work with these changes. And from the looks of the magical forest entities, there is one little person there among all the others representative of 'inclusion'.

Queer forest creatures...really? That is a totally different issue in liberals feel that sexual behaviors have something to do with inclusion, and they don't. Liberals spend more time thinking about their sexuality than 13-year-old boys do...lol

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join