It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snow White is now brown according to Hollywood

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 12:24 PM
link   
how about this for a disney epic?
Aunt Nancy, about a cross dressing white, African spider god and his/her adventures?
edit on 13pFri, 21 Jul 2023 12:25:13 -050020232023-07-21T12:25:13-05:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: spelling

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg

I have no problem with this change or woke culture.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I say make Snow White a morbidly obese canckle crushing spandex wearing twinky eating chain smoking diabetic (a group far under represented in movies), and the seven dwarves her caregivers that haul her around on a palanquin.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
I say make Snow White a morbidly obese canckle crushing spandex wearing twinky eating chain smoking diabetic (a group far under represented in movies), and the seven dwarves her caregivers that haul her around on a palanquin.

You're not supposed to talk about me in threads, remember?

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Instead of remaking classics that did not have black/brown characters, why not create movies adapted from African folk stories and fairy tales? There are plenty of them to choose from. What if they took one of those stories and changed all the characters to white? Would the left defend that also?

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: NotMEMaybeU

Already been discussed and ignored when it was pointed out how the left screams that only gay actors should play gay characters and when they went nuts when Johnny Depp played Tonto.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Already been discussed and ignored when it was pointed out how the left screams that only gay actors should play gay characters and when they went nuts when Johnny Depp played Tonto.

Me Tonto, You Cheetah

Cheers

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Actually growing up gay, I always hoped more straight actors would play gay roles.

Like Kevin Costner and Mel Gibson ...

But that was "Mission impossible".

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Good thing you're here to fight the woke!

Just trying to have reasonable discussions on topics that can be somewhat polarized. Why are they so polarized is because people tend to accept whatever their political alignment says. I personally jump around, but you and others really don't accept much outside the liberal current manifesto, and when I just ask why, the typical reaction is like kicking an ant hill.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Oh, are they leaving you and your antiquated ideology coughing in the dust as they progress in acceptance of marginalized people — “polite society” forced to the fringe?

Good!

" marginalized people" You and others say this a lot, can you give a few examples so we can understand better?

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Mel did 1 movie where he kissed another man, 1977 Summer City.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I personally jump around

Yeah, that's the hypocrisy I'm talking about.

but you and others really don't accept much outside the liberal current manifesto

Right. My fellow posters and I are not offended by the subtle changes in the retelling of a fictional fairy tale. That's on all you extreme right Karens.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I have no problem with this change or woke culture.

People who align with the woke ideology have no problem with this change and the woke culture. This is expectable.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It's the radical left.
What did you expect? Miracles?
Only double standards

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Oh, are they leaving you and your antiquated ideology coughing in the dust as they progress in acceptance of marginalized people — “polite society” forced to the fringe?

Good!

" marginalized people" You and others say this a lot, can you give a few examples so we can understand better?

How 'inclusivity' and 'marginalised people' found their way on the Snow White fairytale it's a true mystery.

But they know the consequences of going woke!

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: NotMEMaybeU
Instead of remaking classics that did not have black/brown characters, why not create movies adapted from African folk stories and fairy tales? There are plenty of them to choose from. What if they took one of those stories and changed all the characters to white? Would the left defend that also?

First they want to misappropriate another culture.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: quintessentone

It all points to under-representation needing to be addressed, that's what the little person/actor was pointing out, not what you have muddled it in your mind to reflect rather the little person/actor's are losing work with these changes. And from the looks of the magical forest entities, there is one little person there among all the others representative of 'inclusion'.

Queer forest creatures...really? That is a totally different issue in liberals feel that sexual behaviors have something to do with inclusion, and they don't. Liberals spend more time thinking about their sexuality than 13-year-old boys do...lol

Really?

Who makes the biggest fuss?

The radical left!
Trying to defend the indefensible.
You see?

Get real!

Those that make the most fuss are those who think like you.

Seeing how this thread is going it's only the radical left who try to excuse the gaffe by Disney and defend the indefensible.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 01:35 PM
link   

The radical left is unable to concede they lost another argument and they're trying hard to defend the gaffe by Disney without being successful.

LOL

You decided a winner and loser here in this thread of yours? And you're the winner? Disney's the loser? LOL

All I see are a bunch of right wingers, clutching their pearls and desperately holding on to and protecting fairytale images, like they're confederate soldiers' statues in a town square in Georgia!

You're not keeping up with Disney. They have made so much loss over the last few years with their choices. Thousands of jobs axed. Recently two films they released flopped due to woke content and after a backlash by people who wouldn't watch their woke nonsense.

This is going the same way the last two films went. Who is going to watch this woke nonsense. Disney already embarrassed themselves.

Common sense is now right wing ideology?

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: NotMEMaybeU

You do know that Latinos are considered white — right?

Who really has skin white as snow?

It would have to be an albino in a wig with lipstick.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Yeah, that's the hypocrisy I'm talking about.

You sure like to attack. I hold views that range from right to left and back. You don't... What am I being hypocritical about here? Let me see your posts about how Whitewashing over the years was all fine and dandy. Now, its no big deal I guess with you...that is hypocritical.

I explained my point a few times to you now. no need to do it again.

Right. My fellow posters and I are not offended by the subtle changes in the retelling of a fictional fairy tale. That's on all you extreme right Karens.

Subtle changes...lol OK

As to Karen's it's you all screaming about 'inclusivity' and 'marginalized people' in fairy tales...lol

edit on 21-7-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join